FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Deleted, wrong thread :p

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Maybe if you set CPU to high priority will bump other cores up. I still dont know why TB changed his Titans for 980's, i woudnt. :p

3. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Performance is good on my rig. Avg 60fps 2560x1080 (borderless) ultra + GAMEWORKS 2xMSAA.

4. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Same here, performance seems good 40-50fps. Did borderless option work for you straight away? When I select borderless option it won't scale correctly and I have to revert back to fullscreen where I am having some minor tearing problems.

5. stereophonie

stereophonie Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 770 2GB
    Just to let you all know I'm running a GTX 770 and have managed to get rid of most stuttering and I have it playing at 60fps for the majority of the time. I have done all the XML tweaks already noted here. Everything on High except Texture quality on Very High and PostFX and Water on Ultra. HBAO+, Enhanced god rays, fur on and no tree relief. 1080p with Vsync. For people having the black flashing problem make sure you have enabled enhanced god rays and disabled adaptive brightness. Hope this helps.

6. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    I will definitely try out your suggestion later. Does this black flashing thing only affect 770s? Everyone else with this issue seems to have a 770.

7. stereophonie

stereophonie Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 770 2GB
    I'm not entirely sure if it's only 770's that seem to have this issue (and find it quite unlikely) but it does seem to be that the only people who have mentioned it own that specific model, so who knows?

8. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    So when do we get that stupid crossbow that they wouldn't shut up about in every god damned promo video.

I'm 12 hours in and realistically probably half way through the story and it is not in the shop under any tabs and the game has made no mention of it.

If it going to be unlocked in the last 2 hours or post game like every single decent signature weapon?

Also, I found it funny that I didn't craft anything until a short while ago, I wasn't even sure if you could make med kits in this game because there was no tooltip at all about crafting syringes. I had to go into the menu under tactics to read how to access the crafting screen.

One of the unique pelts is stuck in my inventory as well. It was a special honey badger and the mission finished and there was no option to craft it yet the upgrade had clearly upgraded itself as it made no mention of the pelt on any of the upgrades, so it obviously maxed it out. I found out later I still had the pelt, I thought it must have just used it...can't sell it either.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I think it's available for unlock as a skill once you reach a certain part of the game (Chapter #5?) but I could be wrong. :)

10. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I didn't even know this game had chapters. Between the 5000 icons on the map and the xp, money, karma, waypoint, distance, button driving/flying prompts I must have missed the chapter prompt.

I hope there is a second 'lot' of weapons that appear in the weapon shop later on because you can buy the 'best' automatic rifle within the first half an hour of the game and to get a better one you have to get the bushman signature weapon which requires you to max out the arena minigame ( I think it's accessible online, or from the main menu...I don't know...I;m sick of 'features' being locked behind uplay garbage ).

So the upgrade path for weapons just stops. The best shotgun, smg and LMG you can get from the main weapon screen were low or mid tier weapons in farcry 3 and I have a hard time believing that the only way to get a better one is to get a signature weapon.

There must be more weapons later.

11. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    No FOV settings in pirated version (without automatic day one patch) reveals people who pirated the game, lol:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ntrols-reveal-themselves-to-have-pirated-game

Now, let's look at couple of last pages...:)

12. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Nothing wrong with trying before you buy, after the crap I had to go through to get this game I wish I had waited first. 1 hour install from disk, 1 hour for the 3gb update, stuttering, random flashing on screen as reported by many. Incompatibility with MSI afterburner ( am am assuming people who can use it have the pirated version, no uplay ) so I lost 20% performance from my lack of ability to run my O.C...which might have actually made the game run smoother.

So the pirated version can run with MSI...therfore run better, and the 1.3 update is on torrent sites now.

When my torrent of the game finishes...god knows when, I know I will be switching to it.

I had to actually re-download fraps so I could monitor my framerate. Nice one ubisoft, welcome to 2007.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Or just use shadowplay from nvidia to monitor your frame rate.

And really, I'm on the side that pirating is pirating. It's not "try before you buy" or "playing a better version".
    You are buying a license to play the game. Not the game itself. And downloading another copy is downloading a different license then the one you paid to play.

14. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Shadowplay does not allow me to overclock my GPU, and I only install the driver, hd audio and physx, no extra stuff.

So I still need an 'extra' program that I didn't need in....every other game in existence...because Uplay.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think he used to have one Titan, not two :) But correct me if I'm wrong.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I think he mention his Titans in ACU video. Yes, he had two.

17. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc

18. Dantrfc

Dantrfc Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming 8GB
    i get a locked 60fps on my gtx 970sli but seem to have this stutter as i look around, the fps stays the same, also as i go into new areas the fps does drop down to the 40s but goes straight back up.

19. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Have you tried setting Uplay to offline mode? That usually solves incompatibility problems with Uplay for me

20. AngelOfHavoc

AngelOfHavoc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti FTW edition
    I am a pirate who loves to brag about it for some reason. And I'm going to stop doing so unless I want an infraction. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.