FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ponhei9502

ponhei9502 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 770 2 GB
    If you're experiencing a lot of stuttering in game while moving quickly, or simply at all then this might help you.

I'd recommend turning off your page file. Doesn't stutter at all anymore for me and my frame rate is a lot higher.

Also recommend going into "C:\Users\"your username"\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4". Open GamerProfile.xml with notepad and search for "GPUMaxBufferedFrames". Then change it from 0 to 3-4.

Don't know if this will work for anyone else but it could be worth giving it a try.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    All SLI users should either try the FC3 profile or play without SLI, I'll try this myself when I get home.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'll just leave this right here :)

4. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    FC3 profile have some problems like flickering and glitch. There is still not a decent Sli profile for this crappy optimized game.

I am really pissed off, every Ubi games is worse than the previous one.

5. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    No way. They only release every year, I'm sure that's enough time for quality product. /s

6. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I have reached 24/32 main mission.
    It's been helluva journey quite amazing but the one thing frustrating is the tanking of fps trying to load certain missions over and over to complete them.
    Even with the fixes the fps is not smooth even when over 30fps. Sometimes it's showing 45 and it feels stuttery.
    I hope they can fix this as moving around is critical to completion.
    Such a hummungous map how were they expecting users to run it smoothly. Seems it hasn't been coded correctly to work with a variety of systems which ultimately makes the game at times frustrating.

7. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    I tried this but neither helped. Thanks anyway :(

8. kampi71

kampi71 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980ti OC
    Yeah, it's really a shame, because the benefits of SLI/Crossfire are undoubtable, especially when you have a 120Hz+ monitor. Once you enjoyed the smoothness of this you'll have a hard time to go back to 60 Hz. The downside is of course the sheer amount of GPU power that is necessary to reach the 100 fps+ goal without sacrificing too much visual fidelity. So the only way is to go for some highend SLI/crossfire system. I'm using SLI for many years and sure you have to be a bit more passible, haha. But in general PC gamers must have the ability to suffer, especially these days. BTW, I also own both so called NEXTGEN consoles but in terms of mulitplatform titles or especially shooters I always go for the PC, no doubt about that.
    Back to FC 4, well, the SLI support must and should be improved, because the current state is not ideal no doubt. Especially the AA issues together with some general streaming probs should be adressed by NVIDIA and Ubisoft.

9. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Well, consequence is that i'll have not enough money to spend for these puke from now on.

10. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Playing at 60 fps average with 100% GPU usage sure is a big problem for me.
    /sarcasm.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i'm experiencing stuttering while running, moving normally doesn't stutter.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh damn. We'll, back to single-GPU (like with Shadow of Mordor). Maybe I'd better just sell both my 970s and buy a 980 :( It honestly feels more and more like a good idea.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh well that's all peachy then, boy.

I adore the pitch black textures in the evening/night which makes me feel like I'm walking in a cave. Or the complete blur when using AA which makes me feel like I'm looking at the game through an aquarium. Or the stuttering while driving which makes me wonder if I or the game is on drugs.

Honestly, you got something against me or what? We're having serious discussions here and the thread has increased with over ten pages since official launch. If the game and the driver associated were perfect, no one would be writing here...period, instead people would be playing and be happy about it. But since it isn't, we might aswell check's wrong and see if we can help each other (like the DisableLoadingMip0="1", helped a lot). If your game is working fine and you don't have anything constructive to post then go away.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  14. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    [​IMG]

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You should have done that in the first place.

Anyway, still nothing about how can we change gundraw fov? I saw one guy on youtube did it but i cant find a video.

16. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    It seems to be a great IQ loss if you change this value DisableLoadingMip0="1"..yep, it helps a lot with stuttering but at what price?

DisableLoadingMip0="0" // default

[​IMG]

DisableLoadingMip0="1" // custom

[​IMG]

Changing the value form "0" to "1" the game load only the low res textures, even with "ultra texture" enable. I've taken these ss from here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=934393&page=15

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    As i thought..So..Waiting for an official patch.

18. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    This flying cockroach is aweasome :)

[​IMG]

Easy to go on hunting place and see animals what you need, but also easy to die by bad landing, crash with trees, rocks, cars etc... LOL

[​IMG]

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yea but since I came from 780Ti, it wouldn't have been so much of an upgrade. 780Ti vs 970 SLI (with good scaling) is another story.

Ouch, so that was the problem. Best revert back to "0", leave the game for now and hope for a future patch. Though I'll try playing once with unparked cores. Interestingly enough, TB:s video "FC4 - Port control" mentioned CPU usage which was identical to mine. Core 3 running close to 99% while the other cores are at 40-60%. Maybe unparking cores solves that?

20. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Lol, wait for a future patch. Good luck. Far Cry 3's stuttering never got fixed for me. renderaheadlimit setting that to 2 or 3 may help a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.