FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Game is wank, worse than fc3.

Big console gun models that take up half the screen.
    Dat stuttering even though I'm at 90fps
    Dat ****ing mouse acceleration + reverse acceleration = not a single ****er tried this game with a mouse.
    Dem ****ty textures (yes the grass looks nice but everywhere else looks crap)
    Dat fov bar with no details...

Gameplay wise its just a copy and paste from fc3, classic ubisoft pc dog ****.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Well, the textures are really great in most surfaces but yeah, the overall feeling is ''Ps3-ish'' if you know what i mean which is ''ok'' because we're talking about a cross-gen game.But as far as i can remember the gun placement was exactly the same in FC3.

3. sutty73

sutty73 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Here is my fix...

Open Control Panel, Devices and Printers,right click on HID-compliant controller and then remove device.

4. Slikar

Slikar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Yea , remember FC1 to FC2 to FC3 how every game was different from each other. 2 to 3 maybe little less but still.. they felt so different. FC4 feels like i'm playing FC3 expansion pack. Typical from these companies , no more experimenting and new IP 'risks' just copy/paste and sell on good name.

Also those yellow pointers on the screen all the time , telling me where to go despite having a mini map, lol... it's like made for mentally challenged users

5. Thelmet

Thelmet Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Well it stutters on medium so I don't have much choice. Low settings make it look like an N64 game, but I can still enjoy the story I guess.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I don't think DS is an option for me. I struggle to play the game as it is ranging from 70-120 fps depending on where I am and what I do. I'm nowhere near the FPS that was posted earlier with that 5630K.

DisableLoadingMip0="1" - you mean changing this from 0 to 1?
    I tried this and it got smoother, not perfect but better.

Also seems my cores are parked, so I'll have to fix that now.

7. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    What did you change in the second shots? only soft shadows? It almost look like global illumination (from skylighting) added?. I like it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    This actually helps. Still present but stutter is reduced.

9. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Well at least we can see that this game is much much better opt'ed comparing with ACU..
    don't forget,I have just two 460s,yet.These cards still impressed me(4 years old:3eyes:):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Using FC3 sli profile with the new FC4 profile grabbed from GFE.Most settings Ultra (except high textures,AA off,trees thing off).Native 1680x1050 (1920x1200 DS ..)

10. FuzzyDunlop

FuzzyDunlop Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 4GB
    I'm pretty sure the screen flashing I'm getting is due to my 770. Is anyone else with a GTX 770 experiencing brief screen flashes? It might be difficult to notice, but it's definitely there. Not many people seem to be discussing it because from what I can tell it's just isolated to this one card. I really hope Ubisoft notices.

11. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    That disable DisableLoadingMip really helped my stuttering. Its almost gone now.

Yeah I see it too. I wonder if its a problem restricted to 770?

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Played more with Nvidia's Shadow Play on.
    Showing frame rates in the 50s, but it doesn't feel as smooth as 50. I watched my VRAM usage while playing as well, showed the most memory used as around 1.8gb. Never once going higher or maxing out my card.

But yet the game stutters, specially while driving or using ziplines.
    I definitely feel I would absolutely love this game, but it needs a few more rough edges polished down.

13. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I had the flashes before the new driver. I was like a 720p centred red square over the 1080p image. It's gone for me after the driver update.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Going from screenshots ive seen so far, this game is damn ugly. Reminds me of Lego. Skyrim grade textures and the character models look worse than FC2's.

15. Software Junkie

Software Junkie Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI SC2
    Yeah, same here....that has definitely improved game performance for me.

16. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Based by how the game is moving for me... "Liberate this camp" "Deliver this", "Hunt this", "Rescue hostages" etc etc, I can tell this game will be much much longer than it should actually be. The worst part is those quests are miles apart...

Brought memories of FC1 and how NOT boring that game was. To the point as the story develops/gets better.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I can already tell that this is no different to any other open world Ubi game. I'd just like to know when skinning animals, picking flowers, making wallets, collecting teabags and traffic cones, repeating the same exact tasks over and over became the magic formula to sell a ridiculous amount of games.

Blows my mind how people fall for this crap all the time now.

Just by remembering how utterly ashamed of myself I was for buying FC3 (one of those moments that pops into my head at random times and I just squirm inside and put my face in my hands while asking myself "Why!") and every video/screenshot/mention of FC3 and 4 makes me want to go back and play FC1 and 2, of which I have been doing over the last few weeks now. So sad the way the franchise went after 2.

My expectation of 4 is:
    • Do stuff without really knowing why
    • Climb tower - unlock - Zip line to ground - Rinse and repeat.
    • Explore - find random treasure chest - Open - "You've found Pocket Lint and $2".
    • Skin this skin that etc
    • Shoot at lower than COD level pop-up AI - Unlock/liberate Stronghold/Enemy camp - Rinse and Repeat.
    • Chat with boring characters that are copy n paste from FC3 - Complete pointless mission that is part of the story but no different to a side-quest.
    • Make a wallet bigger to hold more pocket lint

I'll be playing it tonight on the ps4, so until then the above is all I'll say until ive actually played it.

18. Miguel12345

Miguel12345 Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 970 SLI
    Anyone else having massive image blur in cutscenes and MP since the 344.75 drivers ?

If I chose the "NVIDIA" preset I don't have this image blur, but I don't want to have the motion blur and TXAA, so if I change any setting I get a blured image in cutscenes and MP.

Running the latest UPlay game update (1.0.3) on two 970 in SLI.

[​IMG]

19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    It didn't downgrade anything ?

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    So how does the game play for you sir?
    Do you enjoy any of the problems I listed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.