FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Apparently its cracked. :p

I'm still waiting on performance reports though. I loved Far Cry 3 and I'm curious to see how this goes.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    it is. from what I have been reading it a mess because it's missing the day 1 patch. But still playable for the most part.

3. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    This is without the day 1 patch mind you.

[​IMG]

They added SMAA apparently in the options as well. Thank god because SMAA is better then FXAA.

Also some comments
    Sounds promising

EDIT: http://imgur.com/a/jxf27 More screenshots from a guy on reddit with the retail copy.

4. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Damn that looks good, how's performance on your end?

5. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Alright, awesome! I should be good just 1080p. How's the LOD? I remember the LOD in Far Cry 3 in some areas kinda ugly.

6. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Well thanks for the info! You should try getting a screenshot of an animal with the FUR tech on and off to see the differences visually and framerate wise. :p

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    thanks for posting graphics options dude. :cheers:

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Great to hear about performance and gfx options. Some of those screenshots remind me of skyrim gfx/art style.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    What's the vram usage on ultra? That about the only thing I havent seen posted anywhere.

10. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Someone mentioned 2.4 GBs at ultra for a 280x on reddit. Need to find that post again. He didn't say the resolution but I'm guessing 1080?

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Just as with AC: Unity the readme file notes patch changes for a 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 update but the game data is 1.0.0 so it's unpatched and a day-1 update seems to be planned for release on Monday a day before the game is launched so the game has a few bugs currently.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Damn. Now I see why no one got a PC review copy.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Yeah reviewing the PC (And console.) version(s) in it's current state would probably affect the scoring a bit with these various bugs still there.
    (And via this embargo it also prevents early reviews to affect sales I suppose.)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/298110/announcements/detail/172588989236852911

The actual changes of the "Day-1" patch. :)

I guess this will bring the game to version 1.1.0 as with Unity and then a bit later we'll see a second patch released, well that's just a guess but since the readme lists two updates it's probably something like that since the changes from 1.2.0 are not listed in these notes.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
  15. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    So it looks like dunia is a winner and ubisoft learnt finally from unity.
    Can't wait to play.

16. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Has this game been released?

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    The Ubisoft "UPlay" client allows you to preload the game in a unencrypted form although without the game exe and it's .dll file (Dunia.dll or whatever it might be called for this game.) and for Steam you get those encrypted packed files as usual.
    (This is how I accessed the readme file although the game itself is not playable yet.)

Some retail copies are also being sold and that will allow the game to be played although without the above patch since it won't be released before Monday.

Since the retail copies work it also meant people had access to the game exe and other required files so the copy protection was quickly circumvented so there's probably going to be a lot of videos and such now from people playing the game early due to this.

EDIT: I gave Gibbed's tools for Dunia 2 (Far Cry 3) a try and they do extract the archives so modding might be possible fairly quickly. :)
    http://svn.gib.me/builds/dunia2/

18. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Piracy is not condoned here, this site is revenue driven and it just looks bad.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dont get me wrong, im not arguing with you. But a legit question, is it considered piracy to circumvent a release date check to play a legit (retail) bought game?

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    That's understandable, maybe do like they did on Neogaf when several users began posting screens and details about well I forgot the actual game name but ask for proof of purchase basically. :)
    (Or just say that images, videos and the like won't be allowed until Tuesday when it unlocks which I think is worldwide instead of the usual Tuesday for US and Friday for EU release schedule.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.