FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    I'm sure we'll get reviews from the ummm..."early access" copies being distrbuted over certain websites soon enough. :p

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    There isnt a review up on Rockpapershotgun, so im guessing they're on Ubis black list and didnt receive a copy and paste review or review code.

3. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    What happened to the good old days of reviewers taking their own screenshots and not using BULLSHOTS.

4. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    you mean the one still uncracked yes?
    it's available, but without crack useless.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    If you haven't noticed already, Ubisoft wont send out any review copies to anyone that is going to speak negative about their games.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just spent my 980 voucher on this game, choice of that, or AC: unity or The Crew

8. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    The only good Farcry is the 1st one. The rest are absolute fail!

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    :eek:

Traitor! :mad:

:D

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    You will switch to nvidia, my Crystal ball told me. you just waiting for R390 so u can buy GM200/210 cheaper :D

Far cry 3 was awesome game, by review fc4 is good but not as good as 3.
    However they got reviewed on consoles, which i thing it might lead to PC Performance issues, if game would work without any issues whatsoever, that would be so NOT ubisoft way.

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Farcry 2 was one of the worst games ever, so repetitive and boring i never seen. i think FC3 is way better than 1 and 2.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    FC4 reviews looking positive. Still hope aspects from Far Cry 2 return one day. Hand held map. Diamond hunting. Safe houses etc.

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I'm trying to figure out how,not much story and repetitive gameplay makes these games good. I own all but Farcry4 and that game has no shot of being in my library. I was so pumped for the 2nd one then it was so different and ridiculous from the 1st one,it collected dust since then. Gave 3 a shot and it was also bad. Skinning animals,seriously? Racing a 4 wheeler,really? How many times can you do the same **** and have fun? Every area is exactly the same. At least the 1st one had a good story and good twists. The gameplay was really fun. Jack Carver made sense,these other characters do not! Looking for diamonds LOL Cmon,really? I just don't get how people think this stuff is fun. They make you waste more time than anything. The golden age of gaming is gone! The age of the money grab is here..

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :D Sometimes the grass really is greener :D lol

I would have stuck with AMD, but multi-GPu & multi LCD doesn't work well at all

Saying that, Im still learning how to configure nVIDIA surround, my taskbar on the centre LCD keeps jumping up an inch, and bezel correction is something to be desired, but performance in games is 2nd to none, extremely happy with the move

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i plan to choose this in January with my next gpu, till then ..
    *side note, I've really been enjoying dsr, i use it for vids and just keep it on (4k) until i start gaming then i disable it again from nvcp.

16. sounar

sounar Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  17. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    They will be using Ubi stock shots because the game was reviewed after being played on PS4 at a Ubi hosted Review event.

18. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    Anyone know if the sky is dynamic? If the clouds move that is, as opposed to the static clouds in FC3 when you're standing still. So far the videos I've seen don't pause long enough at the clouds for me to tell.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    There isn't a review up on Giantbomb yet either, but they already have their copies.
    As Jeff has been playing it for a while, and they did an hour long Quicklook today.

The review copies for FC4 went out some time ago, but, not every site blasted through the game to get a review out insanely fast.

20. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Debating on this game due to it seeming to basically be a FC3 mod but considering I haven't beat FC3 it may be slightly fresh to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.