FarCry 4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. BUFDUP

BUFDUP Guest

its weird you would have that problem on X79. for me Far Cry 4 with SLI runs smooth averaging 100fps @ 1440p with everything on ultra and i have X79. Only problem i have with SLI for FC4 is that damn shadows at night are pitch black. i tried to edit SLI Bits in NV Inspector, but same crap. When i run with 1 card, the shadows at night is normal but my FPS are pretty much cut in half. might play it with 1 card and i got gsync... so its still pretty smooth. I wonder when they are gonna fix it those effin morons

EDIT: Fixed the shadow crap.. all sweet now =D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
  2. xinelo

xinelo Member

GPU:
    EVGA FW3 3080
    Could you share your SLI/ingame settings ? Default SLI profile or tuned using nvidia inspector?

I have 970 SLI setup but still getting very annoying stuttering, black shadows or even SMAA produces image retentions.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  3. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    you know may be i got into a abnormality this time.
    I finished far cry 4 @ 1440p everything maxed (AA off)
    only problem I had throughout the game was weird shadows popping up sometimes. Must be some HBAO+ bug, not sure. Other than that, no stuttering or jaggy-ness or anything like that. game ran smoothly @ 96fps constant (96hz panel Vsync-on)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  4. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    CPU is holding me back. I have done all the tweaks. Even on all low I still dip into the 20s (teens when flying). The game is much smoother though and playable enough for me. FPS don't change even when I go to med-high settings.

My 3rd CPU core stays pegged at 100% while playing though and the system itself hovers around 75% total. If they balance the CPU usage a bit more I think I could eek out some more FPS.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Did my third Shangri-La mission today.

But this one gave me an odd glitch.
    In the previous two they played smoothly, with no issues at all. But in the third one, I would approach interactive items (Seekers, mani-wheels and such) the game would stall.

Music and sound would still play, but the screen would stall. After a while it would catch up and play fine.
    And, once I got past the first Seeker all the others played out fine. But any time I would activate a mani-wheel or the final sequence it would stall and only catch up once the animation was finished.

As I said, the first two played perfectly fine. And everything I did today up to the Shangri-La mission was fine.
    The only difference today was I had added the game to my Steam library and was playing it through Steam. Which I own it through UPlay.
    I had played it through Steam a few days ago and it froze up, requiring me to force it closed.

I'm going to try playing it later just through Uplay, and not through Steam and see how it acts.

6. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Has anyone found a way to force/enhance better AA (mostly for tree leaves..) ?

7. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    you should open it with GIMP and with newest DDS plugin for GIMP. And then save/export it to JPG.

Here is mine as example. I just trying to make warm to cool colors :)

[​IMG]

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Okay, seems my above issue is not simply confined to interactive items on the Shangri-La mission.

I went to do a mission for Longinus.
    I found his little tent, held down the use key and then the screen went black, I could hear Longinus and Ajay talking.
    Once they were finished talking it dumped me back into the game.

So, I stopped the game.
    Checked the integrity of the game files through UPlay... no issues. Went back into the game, it loaded right back up at the the same cutscene. Only this time, the screen hung on the loading screen... again, I heard the dialog and then... right into the game.

The game runs fine. No crashes, lock ups or anything.
    I haven't changed any hardware or software.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? 18 hours into the game with no issues or problems with cutscenes in the past. Now, suddenly, cutscenes won't play. The audio works fine... but the video doesn't play out.
    And it's only in cutscenes.... in game runs fine. No graphical corruption or issues. Other games (Alien: Isolation, Evil Within, Borderlands: Pre-Sequel, Assasssin's Creed 3) all work perfectly fine.

9. BUFDUP

BUFDUP Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  10. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    You can tweak the lighting to ultra high and wow, what a difference!

You need to change it in both gamerprofile and gfx setting464 below it.

This also enable awesome dof effects.

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Care to elaborate?

12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    You mean this one:

LightingQuality="high"
    and this:
    <OPTION Name="LIGHTING" Registered="True" Type="Enum" Value="high" /

right? Any perf hit? None I guess.

Any clues about these two:

DepthPassQuality=
    ShadowCinematicQuality=

EDIT: I've changed what you've wrote and no difference....how can I see any difference changing lighting from high to ultra ??

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    In the unpatched 1.0 version (pre-release, meaning the UPlay preload data.) lighting quality did have a Ultra preset in the user config file, it was removed in the 1.1 patch (Day-0 update) although it doesn't really do much, even the unpacked gamedata XML files from that first version doesn't have anything but "High" as a valid value for lighting quality so it has to be a placebo effect unless it's something more hardcoded that is changed and which can't be seen by just unpacking the games pack files.

This is all there is for that preset in the settings XML that controls what they all actually do.

<Lighting>
    <quality
    id="high"
    HighQuality="1"
    />
    </Lighting>

Not much really, no other presets at all so you are locked into high quality unless you tweak the file yourself and change whatever that setting does from 1 to 0 :)

14. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    eta

15. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    It seems the game has a memory leak for sure. Left it on in the background for 12 hours just sitting on the menu and it was taking up almost 12GB of ram.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Loving the unskippable cut scenes. You really don't appreciate one until you've seen it 5 or 6 times.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Ok thanks. To tell you the truth its worse with higher than high.Makes glasses reflection too much and the worst part:you weapon TOO blurry..not worth something,also DOF is same as high.

18. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    For me it works great but you must make files read only or it wont work. Perhaps this is why you don't see a difference.

The whole world looks allot better and more vibrant.

Definitely not placebo here as I have tested for a while.

A slight hit of around 3 fps I think with this tweak.
    You can also set alpha to coverage to "2" instead of "1".

19. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Make the files read only or it won't work :)

You should notice it immediately if it is working as everything is much more vibrant although some of the HDR effect are a little overdone and the weapons have dof on them which I'm not keen on.

20. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB