FarCry 4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Do you work at nvidia?

2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Some days he works for Rockstar Games, sometimes he works for Nvidia... He's got quite the imagination.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol - Id hope NVIDIA employees could at least spell too :)

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Latest patch. Game froze up instantly the moment I pressed right trigger on my controller. I give up.

5. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    + SLI flicker is back..... holy sh.t

6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    so today your working for ubisoft? haha

7. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Also blink I've noticed that performance is a lot worse than a few months ago, I have fallen in framerate everywhere, even the sli scale is good, this also happens with Shadow of Mordor, I played a few months ago when they released the first sli patch and the game worked fine, now unplayable, every time I am more convinced that is the Nvidia itself which degrades the performance of the oldest GPU to force us to buy new,

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Reinstalled this onto my SSD yesterday, maybe a mixture of a fresh windows install too, but it is way smoother on SSD than HDD

9. jeliozver

jeliozver Member

GPU:
    ASUS 1070Ti 8GB
    I bet on fresh Windows install or placebo. No difference in HDD vs SSD here except loaidng times. FPS is same. But game runs smooth after some of the first patches here anyways.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Was a fresh FC4 install too vs original install with each update done separately

Combination of everything most likely

11. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I had an odd issue after the 1.9 patch, 2 minutes into the game the image would freeze for 10 seconds and the audio would stutter - then back to normal like nothing happened. No errors or spikes in usage/clocks/voltages.

Tried all the basic trouble shooting steps. Turns out it was a corrupted save file, or for whatever reason it didn't take to the update. I could duplicate the problem by moving the original save files back in the save folder.

Started a new game with 347.88 driver and fresh game install with 1.9, FC4 is now running so incredibly smooth it's unreal. After 9 patches and a decent driver... I'm now playing the game the way it was meant to be played :p

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I actually just decided to install that driver.
    Got it currently downloading. I haven't touched FarCry 4 in a while, since before I upgraded my PC.

It's funny, I upgrade my PC... and I spend my time playing older games that ran great before. I haven't really touched on anything that was demanding.

13. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Let us know your results with that driver if you could. My previous best performer was 344.75... so it's nice to have an updated one working so well.

FC4 also has some additional adjustments that can made like disabling blinking objects, camera tagging, etc - which is nice being able to easily adjust from the menu.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Is SLI still broke? :(

I see they've added an Far Cry 4 SLI profile, but GPU usage on both my 580's is going all over the place..

FPS drops every 2seconds and when i move the camera.

I see even people on youtube with a single 580 running this game smooth on Ultra so it must be the awful SLI profile..

15. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    What you are describing, sounds like stuttering due to vram bottleneck.

What settings are you using, and are your 580's 1,5gb or 3gb versions?

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Could be, even with textures on low it uses 1490mb of vram but i haven't seen anyone else complain about it.

I use Ultra settings except Postprocessing set to medium, HBAO+, ENHANCED fog, enhanced Fur. (even tho's disabled doesn't help or increases FPS)

I got 1.5gb versions.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  17. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Has anyone ever stumbled onto a way to disable the film grain in this? It's kinda nasty.

18. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Well there is your issue - im pretty sure you can bring vram consumption below 1,5gb, if you use smaa instead of msaa / txaa, together with low / medium textures. This ofc also depends on the resolution you play at, but i assume that its 1080p ?

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Anyone know why every time I load up FC4, it loads in windowed mode instead of full screen?

And every time I switch it back to full screen, which works for that session, but next time it loads up in windowed mode again

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I don't use any AA, and i tried it with textures on low didn't help at all. :(

I run at 1920x1200.

I'm pretty sure the game ran very smooth before the new patches.