FarCry 4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Yes, and i can't find a way arround this issue. Very annoying and soo disapointing. Tried a maxwell gpu too no difference. different drivers-ingame options no go :(

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
  3. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    important read:

Guys do you remember that I shared nvidias photo vs my ss (maxed out) way before and the differences was a blue effect all over the mountains in my SS (looks unrealistic) and nvidia s image was brown mountains (realistic).

http://abload.de/browseGallery.php?gal=sQD6XBX7&img=atikh3sim.png
    http://abload.de/browseGallery.php?gal=sQD6XBX7&img=nvidiakcse8.png

I found it! I was surfing on the geforce.com and it turns out nvidi uses low lighting quality to get it.

Just look at it, you'll see what I mean.

http://international.download.nvidi...ghting-quality-comparison-1-ultra-vs-low.html
    http://international.download.nvidi...ghting-quality-comparison-2-ultra-vs-low.html

So what do you think? which one is better? I like the low lighting qualiy better..

----

Btw, I maxed out setting in game but why in the hell are these options are low in the xml file?

ShadowCinematicQuality="low"
    DepthPassQuality="low
    OtherQuality="low"

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  4. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Oddly enough you're right.. I kind of like the brownish lighting more.

5. sephking

sephking Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    It's such an annoying glitch. Can't believe they haven't fixed it yet after 5 big patches!

6. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I use Ultra for shadows and SMAA works great, alll other settings maxed out kike hbao+Hairwokrs and godray

7. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    So....It sounds like Ubisoft's incompetence knows no bounds, god rays are no longer in the PC version. Well don't get me wrong the settings are still there but the effect itself is notably absent since the 1.5 update.

Wonderful. I hope they will fix this because I love the tessellated god rays.

8. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Can some one upload the previous version of the game please because now, not only the shadows still aren't fixed but the game starts crashing randomly while i have done 70% of the game's scenario without crashing ....

man O man there's no telling how awkward this turns to be

9. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    It still in there and it works great

[​IMG]

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Yea I had to since the performance impact of TXAA and MSAA was too great. TXAA makes the scene look all blurry and MSAA didn't improve on IQ very much. But I tried SMAA and the problems with it are gone and didn't hurt my FPS too much.

11. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Read my post again.

12. darkkinder

darkkinder Member

GPU:
    RX 480
    the nividia god rays is different for me too, I liked the way was on 1.4 : (

13. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    tesellated godrays? whats that? I mean whats the difference between this and game 1.5.0 enhanced godrays?

can you provide an SS?

14. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Tessellated god rays = "enhanced" in the settings (Nvidia tech). They have disappeared since the 1.5 version and that's a damn shame.
    As I said earlier they are still in the option menu.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Patched the game to v1.5 last night and played it briefly - for 30 minutes or so - this morning. The stuttering is certainly far less noticeable but the game still feels really horrible to me to play compared with the 30 fps PS4 version. The framerate shows as 60 fps, sometimes dipping to 45 fps, but even at 60 fps it feels like it is a lot lower. There's no hitching but it feels and looks less smooth in motion. Even when I use the Sparse V-Sync option to cap at 30 fps the game still feels laggy/sluggish and less smooth than the PS4 version. Is this microstutter? Framepacing? What?

Could Afterburner's OSD be causing this issue or is it just how the game is on PC? If it wasn't for the PS4 version I guess I would not appreciate just how smoothly this game could run even at 30 fps. I can't help but feel really disappointed that this game performs so poorly on hardware that is way more powerful than my PS4.

And, no, I have not tweaked the game in any way; I'm playing it at maxed out 1920x1200 setting with everything enabled (NVIDIA Hairworks and godrays, etc) and SMAA (TXAA proves too demanding in this game and causes the framerate to drop to 33 fps at one point).

16. darkkinder

darkkinder Member

GPU:
    RX 480
    Nvidia god rays still there in-game, but is different now, is more "subtler".

17. litwicki22

litwicki22 Guest

Is this possible that SLI 980GTX can be faster 50 fps than single 980 ? I just saw on youtube movies with peoples with SLI 980 and on the same places in game they got 100 fps when i have 50 fps. Both using the same details, ULTRA + TXAA2x. On Sli 980 he got 100 fps when on single 980 i have 50 fps on the same place in game. So SLI can double by 50% fps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2s7bp1_RSU

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  18. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    ok no problem :) we have enhanced god rays option as a max value in 1.5.0.. Im using it..

19. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    This game scales very well for me, I would say 90% or so, so yes it is possible.

20. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    "Hairworks" is better but on some random spots I lose at least 10-15 fps (V-sybc on, mostly if 2 yaks and some smaller animals are on view)

=
    hairworks:

[​IMG]

just "on"

[​IMG]

(jpg quality...:3eyes:)