Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I really have faith in this.

Yeah, there are some small things that don't live up to the rest,
    but i am very positive that'll have great gameplay, story and graphics in the end.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think the game looks fantastic, how many other console games look like that, so you can only imagine how much better the PC one will look as i've already saw the difference between Far Cry 2 on the 360 and the PC and its quite large.

I doubt the game will look anywhere near as good a Crysis 3, but it will play alot better.
    It also won't need at least 2 high end GPU's either like the next Crysis game likely will.

This looks like the first decent FPS in years, and it will look at least as good as Far Cry 2 which is still one of the best looking games around, so i really don't see why people are complaining.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    People who say they are happy with the graphics are actually happy with the scenery, not the graphics. Scenery somewhat implies a 'static' image of the environment, whereas graphics implies visuals as a whole. Since the scenery has no movement I would hardly say the graphics are good :).

I think the people over at Crytek and DICE will look at it and think what a sh!t job UNI did (if the PC version looks like that trailer).

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    probably goty for me. so much stuff in there that i like.

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That is certainly not the case with me, i hate island settings and was one of the few people happy that Crysis 2 had an urban setting.
    The colour palette is actually one of my least favourite things about the look of this game, as everything seems over-saturated.

I'm basing it on what i know the old engine is capable of, plus what i've read about the updaed engine and what people who have saw the PC version have said, which is alot more accurate than using console footage compressed to hell on YouTube as a way of judging.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    i agree with u, the scenery is cool,the color palette, but the static environment is making the game look very unrealistic.

7. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    I am sensing an advanced state of consolitis in this case.:bang:

Lets pray for good optimalization on pc at least.:pc1:

8. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    People that say it looks no better than Far Cry graphically clearly need to play Far Cry again. It doesnt look as good as you remember!

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Far Cry 2 and even Avatar are far beyond what Far Cry looked like, even modded the first game still looked very old when i recently replayed it.

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Avatar on the Dunia engine was an extremely overlooked yet fun movie tie in if you ask me, one of the rare movie tie in titles that looked like some effort went into it. I played the hell out of that game and it looked amazing too.

You honestly can't compare Dunia with the original Cryengine if you ask me. The vegetation alone was far more advanced.

11. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    It's open world gameplay with the freedom to do whatever I want. That right there was/is enough to make me buy it. I don't expect it to look much different (quality wise) than FC2, but until the "next gen" consoles arrive I don't expect any multi-platform game to look much better either.

*yes, mods would make a world of difference, but only time will tell if that's even a possibility.

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    The Farcry 2010 mod doesn't look too bad! I reckon I'll replay the whole game once it is completed.

13. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Which is probably around the time Far Cry 5 comes out.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    mate we are not talking here about who's the better looking game, it's a matter dumbing down to suite consoles, and my big question, why is there no procedural vegetation, vegetation wind, static environment and we are in 2012!!!!!!!

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Who said that the PC version has none of those things?

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Talking as someone who has PLAYED THE PC version one of the very first things that came to mind as I started the demo was to shoot at vegetation to see if it reacted to my shots. I'd been told it had been removed from the game. And I can say that yes it did which made me extremely happy. The leaves all bent from the force of the impact just as they did in FarCry 2 so there you have it my friends don't take everything you have heard so far as how it will be for all platforms.

17. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Is there any movement in the trees though with wind? They should be very noticeably blustering about with that helicopter (for example). I can't image it would take much to have the trees and leaves sway a little, even if only in nearby area. In a city scene you have the dynamism of pedestrians and traffic, so the performance hit shouldn't be too bad.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    And this is why i don't game as much anymore, Devs aren't making any progress in either the GFX or the gameplay . They're just backtracking and applying repetition along with a change in color palette - Apparently thats the formula for a AAA title.

I mean the things they showed off for FC2 when DX10 was supposedly the second comming according to Microsoft, all the debris ans what have was pretty insane more so than Crysis.

19. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Agreed. Even if they did nothing more than fix FC2's flaws I would be excited. FC2 with SweetFX still looks amazing. I'm not too thrilled about the island environment but at least it's not another desert/middle east backdrop.

20. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Everything that was in Far Cry 2 and the first Dunia engine is in Far Cry 3 and Dunia2.
    Even the fire effects, though apparently things won't burn as aggressively as they did in FC2 due to the wet jungle terrain, which is logical enough.

The engine is easily capable of all the things people have said is missing, even on both consoles as it's not a high spec feature, if something isn't there it's likely because the game isn't finished, because well it isn't.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.