Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Why do you have to lean towards either? Just get both :D Im pre-ordering FC and getting Hitman after :D

2. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    ^^this

Since i hate to decide i just preordered everything interesting this year:

25.10 MOH Warfighter
    26.10 Forza Horizon
    19.11 Hitman
    31.11 AssCreed3
    06.12 Farcry3

Oh YEAH :D

3. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I hope they will make island worth exploring. So you can wonder off and have fun even without doing main mission!

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Hunting animals for stuff to make equipment is a nice design feature and they also fixed the outpost / reinforcements respawns. Radio towers, towns for repairs, buying / selling stuff and playing poker .... all much more interesting than FC2.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I mean I'm more looking forward to Hitman, but I'll get both :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I pre-ordered FC3, along with BL2, GW2, and Skyrim (last year), it's one of the very few games I've ever pre-ordered. I rarely buy games before they're at least 6-12 months old, so that tells you how much i'm looking forward to this. :D

7. Smartino

Smartino Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    AssCreed XD

Sorry, immature humor amuses the sh1t out of me.

But yeah, that's quite a conundrum to be in with that many awesome titles coming out within a few days :O

My top 3 out of those will be Far Cry 3, AssCreed(hehehuheu) and finally but NOT least, Hitman :)

8. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    what irritates me the most is that there are no procedural vegetation, the environment is static, the color palette is nice, but there are things that u see that this is called dumbing down....!!!!!

10. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    ^Consoles.
    -------------
    Any more trailers - and there will be nothing left for the imagination.:3eyes:

I guess the whole point is - is so you know what to expect in the game. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Looks like a cross between Crysis and FarCry.

12. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Without the Crysis...

13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    The static vegetation looks really, really bad! It's so very realistic that there isn't even a whisper of wind when the helicopter lands near the trees. In reality they'd be absolutely blasted by the rotor draft.

Also near the beginning where the people get executed, what are they running out on to? Before I saw them run I thought it was shallow water, but when they run it looks to be solid land. Even if it's meant to be a flooded paddock/field, it still looks very very wrong.

This makes the game so incredibly dumbed down, it's almost to the point where it puts you off actually buying it. Hopefully the trailers are just representative of the console versions, because for PC version, it stinks. I know some people will come to it's defence, but really they shouldn't. If they are half-arsed at making a game then I'll be half-arsed in willing to buy it.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Yeah and those people didn't even blow up when they stepped on the landmine.
    The graphics are appalling...looks just like the original FarCry.

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I actually said it looked like the original Far Cry graphics earlier in this thread, and got several responses saying its vastly superior to Far Cry 1. I honestly actually believe some elements of Far Cry 1 were actually better. I know this because I went back and had a look!

EDIT:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I watched a 15 minute demo walkthrough of the PC version on Videogamer over the weekend and thought the game looked amazing personally. I'm not just talking about the visuals, which looked lovely to me anyway, but the gameplay which looks interesting and, more importantly, fun. This game looks like it is taking the gorgeous island setting from the original game (and Crysis) and marrying it to the open world format of the second, alas, flawed game. As long as they can keep things interesting and avoid the repetition, lack of variety and annoying respawning enemies of Far Cry 2 then I'm definitely in. I was actually reminded in some places of Skyrim; I think it was the bits where the character was shooting wildlife with a bow.

17. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    As long as story and gameplay are good I am not too bothered about graphics.

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Graphics are important, it's almost 2013 after all! It's true that good graphics and bad gameplay isn't good, but good gameplay and piss-poor graphics isn't good either.

I would actually rather have slightly lower definition graphics in favour of actually having some 'life' in it, because to me that would actually be 'higher definition'. That said, I didn't really find the graphics to be that good anyway. In fact, I found the quality of the graphics actually to be quite low, they clearly use the blending of colours etc to make it look better than it really is.

If they did have wind effects, the amount of variability in the wind effects etc could be variable, such that when driving along in a car fast it's only visible in front of you, as an example of keeping the gameplay smooth.

19. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well yea it would be nice to have all those things, but i dont expect anything amazing until we see next gen consoles. Until then we can moan as much has we want. Our only hope is modders.

20. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    hmmm, the bad guys did not see the player in plain sight, and you have a wallhack once ememies are tagged with the binoc's (does this game have multi-player?). Nice foliage though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.