1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    At present my cpu is very sensitive lets say that, and this game absolutely kills performance without a cpu in peak condition, just sayin but for example if you're towards 80C while gaming it's gonna be judder central.
    moral of story is that the game eats up CPUs for breakfast, probably because with a *certain setting you can achieve zero input lag and this is what destroys the cpu, seen it before, happeed big time with bf3 and it's 64 player matches (it's a cpu buffer thing), current games need current Processors.
    *it's the pre-rendered setting.
    But sure i'm liking it again, got post processing at low for my taste.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  2. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Yeah this pretty much sums up FC2 for me.. I still regret even spending any time at all on that pos.. could have used that time for something else.

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    thks for the tips kon. (yeah i had changed the pre rendered frames) yeah ass creed 3, in short :) (saves me typing).

Whilst performance isnt terrible I'm gonna hold off playing this for a few months. Hurry up new gpu's!

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Been playing the game on and off since its release. Some elements of the game are brilliant and great fun, ie, capturing enemy outposts as each is different and requires different tactics. Other elements in the game can be annoying as hell. My low point which almost resulted in a spitball on my screen was Citras Rites of Passage mission. Stuff like that felt juvenile in execution and more aggravating than rewarding. Also I get the feeling that some youngster who thinks pot and hallucinogenics are cool had heavy input into the game script. As well as the cheesy humor in the game notes. Another annoyance were some radio towers near the end that required less reliance on logic than guesswork as you figure out where to step or jump in micrometric precision. Cool alternate solution is to climb up a nearby hill and jump off using your wing suit/parachute to get to the top of the tower. Overall nice game, not stellar. Nice graphics but not commensurate with the performance penalty it brings.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013

5. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    Game is still very buggy after installing the latest patch. Even my PC doesn't run it totally fluent. While it really doesn't look so good.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    The Steam "registry" has a entry for a digital deluxe upgrade dlc of sorts, by following that there's also two other packs labeled as DLC but there's no info on what those might be other than "ValveTestApp" which is the default name.
    (There's also four for AC3 besides the Hidden Secrets pack.)

7. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.