Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Maybe it's something with the game and SLI (And Crossfire too if so.) since with those hardware specifications the game should run just fine at nearly any setting outside of maybe extreme AA or high-resolution downsampling.

2. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Strange... :D

Maybe it's been updated.

3. F.A.Q

F.A.Q Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 FTW Sig 2.
    When you actually need to save, you cant. So what's the point in of having quick save?.

F1 to F5. hmm

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    this game sometimes reminds me of uncharted...

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The lack of enemies in this game now I've reached the second island is really rubbing me up the wrong way and I'm on the hardest difficulty. The exact thing I always said would happen with FC2 had it not had respawning enemies has taken place in FC3 as in I'm wandering around large areas with no enemies to kill whatsoever. Island two started off so well too.

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    That's what happens, after taking the last enemy outpost you'll only see enemy soldiers as part of missions or in some random encounter where they'll often be battling against the Rakyat rebels.
    (Some more special locations might have a few of them as well, usually mission areas which you can re-visit to grab any missed loot.)

7. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    The girl, you know, that girl, is as crazy as her brother.

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    theres sli issues. dude, you have sli 680's for crying out loud! you should under NO circumstances be dropping below 60fps. they need to fix this multi gpu issues. SP runs ok for the most part for me but MP and coop run like complete crap, and that shouldnt be the case. 1.04 did jack, let's hope 1.05 will fix sli support ;)

9. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Why does it matter what my cards are? The fact is, I get about double the frame rate when I use 2 of my GPUs instead of just 1. They both run at full load. So I fail to see where the issues are with SLI.

Not saying the game runs well. It doesn't. And they need to work on it. But I'm pretty sure both my GPUs are chomping away at this game just fine.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  10. craige4u

craige4u Member

i am using sapphire 7870 and wana see how much GPU is used during Gameplay at Max. settings... So how can i check it ?

I only know MSI afterburner tht displayes GPU usage ingame but am havin sapphire so whts the alternatives ?

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    http://ow.ly/gia5S

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Though they do specifically only use the DX9 version, unsure how it runs, haven't needed to use it though the current tweaks can see framerate drop below 30 at times but it doesn't really matter.
    (There isn't really anything left on the islands at this point, might tone it down when they release some later DLC.)

13. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    I'm really disappointed in this game so far, especially in terms of graphics/performance. I installed Crysis the other day and maxed it out at 1080p w/2x aa and smaa forced through RadeonPro with a couple of texture mods. It was pegged at 60 fps for most of my 2 hour play session and when it did drop in fps, it still felt really smooth. I had been playing FC3 a lot before this and was immediately amazed at how much better Crysis looked and ran, especially regarding draw distance. In terms of gameplay, it is more linear of course, but the AI was much more challenging. FC3, on the other hand, needs to run at 60 fps because once it drops below even 5 fps, it becomes a stuttering mess.

On the dev's side, the last 2 patches seem more like passive-aggressive trolling on Ubisoft's part, pretending to listen to criticisms and then releasing half-baked implementations that don't satisfy anyone. I would guess that the entire patch team consists of one very unmotivated high-school intern being paid in bags of cheetos.

Anyways, rant aside, I've learned my lesson about buying Ubisoft games at release. I was hoping this game would be my GOTY but right now it's just taking up hard-drive space. By the time it's patched to a decent state (if ever), it'll probably be 60-75% percent off. It's funny that I bought the Saboteur early in the summer for around $5 off amazon and finally got around to playing it thinking it would be sh*te, only to find that it's a more enjoyable experience than FC3 that I payed full price for.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    GPU and CPU usage could see some improvements if they decide to patch in some additional optimizations, Ubisoft has kinda had this issue for a few years now I believe where their titles while pretty scalable to incur a rather steep performance cost at the higher settings.

Effects like ambient occlusion, reflections, anti-aliasing and the like are of course rather demanding but I'm sure they could improve hardware usage further.
    (In general I mean, for my own tweaks and the performance I get it doesn't surprise me much since I tend to be a bit extreme*, pushed LOD and the like as far as can be done and then a bit more just because, some minor visual glitches as a result but it's pretty stable otherwise, just need to track down just where the more severe framerate drops are originating from.)

(*Ran Crysis DX10 near maxed out on a 2900XT when it was released, 20 - 30 FPS at best - maybe it was lower - but I completed the entire game and it looked great but that's not really the recommended way of doing it, got a 4890 a while later which improved things a bit, heh.)

15. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    For those disappointed in graphics, make sure you're not starting game with farcry3.exe which is DX9, a mistake I made earlier on in the game, despite having DX11 selected in the settings. farcry3_d3d11.exe is the one to use. Also I notice some people still buying into that postFX=false setting (which I used myself for a brief while) to fix DOF and blur, but game looks absolute crap with it imo, I'd rather have those blurred mountains in the distance rather than the resulting shimmering. I stopped messing around with GamerProfile.xml and now just use in game settings. Everything maxed out except MSAAx2 and shadows=medium, I have a smooth playable game @30-50fps and tbh game looks gorgeous for me.

17. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Totally agree with you. Don't get the deal with everyone saying crysis still looks better than this game? I have Crysis installed and to me it looks nowhere as good as Far Cry 3 set to max? Everyone has there own views but mine is Far Cry 3 looks better especially lighting.

18. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    +1 Amen!

Lets see:
    Pros: Game provided me hours upon hours of gameplay(100% completion with a LOT of sidetrack exploring), had great visuals, not really any stuttering problem that were too annoying,
    had great atmosphere/immersion and I found my self wowing quite a few times. Like those deep caves or climbing a huge mountain side to reach the top while raining
    which in coincidence were raining for real too outside!

Cons: A few graphical glitches here and there that require a restart. Nothing more that I can say.

I don't know if I was just lucky not to encounter or be bothered by the issues many are posting. Even I had any, again, they did not bothered me at all. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

19. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Crysis 1 looks leaps and bounds better with mods. For a game that game out over 5 years ago, it scales up amazingly well today. It actually has convincing looking jungles and foliage that doesn't look completely fake.

I'm all for say Far Cry 3 looks good. It does. But it's so much simpler looking and a lot less detailed. Not to mention texture quality is pretty poor. It tends to be more stylish whereas Crysis looks a lot more realistic.

And don't get me started on how much better the water looks in Crysis.

Yummmmmmm

Okay 1 more. Seriously. Water.

20. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    Yeah, you gotta love shaders and lightning now days.........high rez textures would put the game at another level for sure......bigger textures make everything better :)

I love Crysis visuals....look very nice....A game that I will always return to when I get a hardware upgrade...everytime the game has looked way better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.