Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    No you cant but when the game moves you can tell the difference, The lighting and shadows are much better in dx11.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i second that. dx11 looks allot better

3. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    You can keep ignoring those 'error' and play it. I only get those errors when I first load up Far Cry 3 and sometimes when I press Esc to access the menu.

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

We can argue with graphics all day long but in the end of the day you will beat the game and find no reason to come back to this empty world filled with collection items for Xbox achievements hunters (AC3 has the same exact problem).

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    It's a console game. We need new generations to come..

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    One really good reason to go back would be mods. dont know if AC3 has them, but farcry 3 sure will.

7. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
  8. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Run uPlay in offline mode. Only downside is no cloud sync.

9. Gembel

Gembel Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Right :banana:

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800

11. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    A bit of an update, i guess more about gameplay this time...

Not really having the framerate problems anymore. Either latest patch or latest nvidia drivers have taken care of it. Oddly, a huge drop in framerate occurs when I'm trying to turn on a boat / jetski, but, whatever.

Still probably haven't gotten all that far as far as the main storyline goes. My next stop is meeting Citra, although seems like I've been spending hours exploring my little corner the island. I think I have 4-5 skills earned under each of the categories, but I'm now stuck with 3 skill points that I can't spend because I have to unlock some more skills first. Guess I'll start working more on the main story to do so.

I switched from medium to hardest difficulty some time ago. The game (at least at the moment) is just two easy... six or so enemies at each outpost and you don't even half to kill them all before the game stops the fight and raises your blue flag.

Can't stand the "wallhack" enemy spotting. I guess I wouldn't mind them showing up on the minimap but it's ridiculous how I can't visually see an enemy due to obscuring foiliage (and he can't see me); but, because he still shows up with the "wallhack", I can merely just shoot him through the foilage.

I think it would have been more interesting if I could see him on the minimap, but have him obscured by the foilage, and then I'm left wondering... "Is he behind those palms or is it the tree trunk to their left? If I shoot those palms, will I hit him? If I miss I'll give myself away".

Money is almost useless. From climbing the towers, it keeps giving me guns for free. Would have preferred that tower climbing just unlocked them so I could then be allowed to buy them. And, yeah, I've bought the occasional weapon and upgrades, but I get that money back in no time by looting a few bodies and opening up some chests.

It's actually annoying to have my wallet fill up... the game won't let you loot bodies if it's filled. But looting bodies is a good way for replenishing grenades and and handgun ammo that you use up without having to run back to a safehouse. So, a full wallet = you have to go to safe house to get more nades or handgun ammo.

...I guess quite a bit of whining above, but I am still having quite a bit of fun. I do think I liked FC2 better, even with all its own warts.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    so you got to be connected to the net to play it, eff that then, im deffo out. :D

13. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    I thought that's what it is, but somebody posted a bit later than I could just ignore the errors. I did a bit of googling and it seems you don't need a constant net connection to play. They were originally going to go that route with the DRM (which is what I was remembering), but it appears they dumped the idea before release and it's now just a one-time online activation. The constant connection, I think, is just for updating achievements and whatnot.

14. molokovellocet

molokovellocet New Member

GPU:
    280x/7970 CF @ 1070/1575
    I have the same issue. Thought it was part of the engine, though it happened when I was riding in a boat looking at shore, didn't notice it happen on land.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's for cloud saves etc....

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ahh right, thanks :)

17. evohan

evohan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
  18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Totally agree. Vaas was awesome and so psychopathic that I enjoyed the numerous confrontations. It was such a disappointment to see him go. As you say Hoyt is very bland and ordinary in comparison.

19. 0xc0ffee

0xc0ffee Member

GPU:
    Asus gtx670
    I'm so disappointed that the game does not reward exploration. Chests are mostly worthless plus they're a dime a dozen. Collectibles give XP, which the game already gives too much of anyway. Only the Lost Letters are interesting, but once you learn the story, they too become pointless. The result is that FC3 ends up being a linear game with a huge, pretty backdrop.

They should place interesting stuff in hidden caves and ruins. Perhaps a demented hermit who lives with a dozen vicious dogs deep inside his cave, or a small group of cannibalistic rakyat outcasts inside a ruin. They could drop stuff like unique weapon paints, gloves, even attachments that you can't find in shops.

It just kills me when I find a well hidden cave, travel deep inside it, and once I get to the end I find a chest with a traffic cone and $5.

20. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's

I was shocked when i saw this was part of the game. Should make multiplayer interesting with a built in wh lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.