1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry Primal Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 2, 2015.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Hehe running farcry 1 on an overkill system what do you expect xd its like running counterstrike 1.6 on an i7 and gtx 970 u ll get 1000 fps

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, last time I played FarCry... the FPS counter was insane.
    But, I set vsync and just enjoyed an amazingly smooth experience.

I also remember the game first coming out back in 2004, and having to crank settings down to get a playable game going.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    This game is just so awesome to pick up and play for a few hours. It is my favourite Far Cry game to date. It's so enjoyable just picking and direction and seeing what distractions I can come across. The way the game rewards you with unlockables and skills just keeps me wanting to play and although the world is hardly realistic (taming animals takes 15 seconds and a single button press?), it is fun and often jaw-dropping to look at. This is what games are about for me; being sucked into an imaginary world in way that makes you forget about the real one for a few hours.

It also helps that this game is the most stable Far Cry to date for me with absolutely no crashes or even stuttering (I still think GameWorks is the culprit behind the instability in Far Cry 4 even when they are all turned off). Performance mostly holds 60 fps (Ultra settings at 2560x1440 with only minor dips every now and again), nothing that mars the overall experience.

I would love to see Ubisoft do another game with dinosaurs though even if it would not be remotely accurate (they could even do it as a drug-induced vision as DLC from within Far Cry Primal actually).

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm actually all for a Middle Ages (Medieval) setting. Sword play, bow and arrow of course... there's the possibility for some really interesting stuff.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Does it run on win 10 64bit?

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah.
    It's been running fine on Win10 64bit.

7. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070
    I played and finished FC1 on an FX5200, and later upgraded to a GeForce 6200, with less than 15fps. Same rig that ran Crysis 1 on 800x600 with custom CFG settings to get ultra low settings, as "low" was already too demanding.

I gotta say though, installing a game to then tweak it to get playable FPS is way more fun than installing a game and getting good performance right off the bat because of a good rig (not talking ****ty optimizations).

Good times good times.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    yeah how about me, running farcry 1 on a geforce mx440 64mb, one of weakest gpus ever lol, i remember how i couldnt run the game in opengl mode because it wasnt supported, so i had too much input lag playing in directx mode. at 800 *600 medium about 20 fps lol.

9. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti
    Maybe it could play like the classic Cinemaware game, "Defender of the Crown" where you engage rivals via jousting in first person view and the skill is keeping the tip of the lance on target as you gallop towards your foe.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I can't remember what I was running when FarCry released.
    I remember I had an FX 5200... and god, that was awful. Could barely run Doom 3, FarCry...

I then upgraded to an x800 GT, was a lot better... but still couldn't max out FC.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Updated, and here's the changes according to the updated readme.txt file.

EDIT: -skipintro has been removed, have to view the logo videos now. :(

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  12. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yeah that should work but Ubisoft has changed the file format somewhat so there's currently no compatible tools to unpack the .fat/.dat archives.

14. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 TI
    No framerate increase for me.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Did someone post a fix to even out the 100% load on CPU Core 2 to get better SLI scaling? Mine's still poo and it's getting really annoying.

[​IMG]

Gah, crappy thing...it says 59% usage on GPU1 and 72% on GPU2.

16. Witcher29

Witcher29 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    I am going to test this out now for myself i keep u updated.

[​IMG]
    Dam uplay i toke a screenshot but for some weird reason uplay dont like msi afburner i also still have bad sli scaling with this game 55% on gpu1 and 53% on gpu 2.

17. darrensimmons

GPU:
    1080 TI
    I had great scaling until this 1.2 patch and its knocked around 15fps off my performance.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    You too? *Sigh*
    Could you stand just outside your cave in the village like in my screenshot?

Really? That's too bad. Though I've had it like this since the game came out.

Funny btw, time of day seems to impact the FPS a lot. Here is one in the evening, look at the scaling (!!!).

[​IMG]

At night I definitely get the best performance :)

19. darrensimmons

GPU:
    1080 TI
    At the village cave entrance I was getting 85 fps now I get around 77. Did you say that you got your frame rate back after doing something?

20. darrensimmons

GPU:
    1080 TI
    EDIT..Something very wrong here as if you turn textures to normal instead of high I get 99% on each card...that can't be right as I have 6g.