Far Cry Primal Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 2, 2015.

1. plywood99

plywood99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid Cool
    Primal is turning out to be perhaps my 2nd favorite Far Cry. The first one will always hold a special place in my heart. 3 and 4 were decent. 2 could of been great with some tweaking. Primal is really feeling good atm. Granted only 10 hours into it, but great 10 hours so far!

2. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same, easily my favorite along with the original.

I didn't mind the others but it's Primal's simplicity (as Damien pointed out) that makes it so compelling.

Excellent.

As an aside, people should really stop using that 'same map' argument. It is a moot point, and if you actually play the game for five minutes, you will understand why.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    The mixture of theme feels satisfying. Bow is awesome.

Iam wishing a medieval theme next time. Swords, spears, shields, horses, castles. Outposts. Just animals to loot and skin will be same as fc4. And more brutal body effects pls. Dismemberment is necessary. Would be fun. Axing and swording people in game sounds brutal already. But then they ban game on certain countries? Hmm.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    A patch has been released, no changes to the readme.txt so I don't know what they've changed, seems to only have been for the exe file so maybe a hotfix of some kind?

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Doh it'll break my Russian to English fix!

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Anyone else getting a bit of flickering here and there? Apparently it's an SLI/campfire problem, wondered if there were different SLI bits to try or any settings to play with? Not a huge deal it's not constant.

7. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
  8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Well that's something I guess! Thanks Darren :)

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    on xbox one i checked last night. and no patches.

Gentlemen, i wonder if there is a game plus after the game. or can we do rest of the UNFINISHED quests etc?

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    The second patch was just a small fix for some language/subtitle issues apparently, for example Czech subtitles supposedly working now.

11. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Im on 361.91 drivers though as I heard the 362 series had problems.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Good to know thanks, if it bugs me I'll drop back to the older ones :)

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I've been using the 362.00 since they were released with zero issues. And performance in Primal has been great, with no visual issues or glitches.

14. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I've turned off all the UI and icons and stuff except for the crosshair which sadly is needed because the bow and arrow isn't aimed squarely on the tip of the arrow as it should be, the one thing I can't figure out how to turn off is the stupid white trail you see when you fire an arrow, really wish that could be turned off :(

15. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I love Primal and it rekindled my interest in the original game. My disc couldn't be found so I bought a GoG key from Kinguin for $3.28 (going price everywhere is $20). I forgot how hard the game is. On top of that, the latest official version is 1.4 where the enemies can detect you through walls and gank you when you're inside a building or tent. I installed the unofficial patch 1.50 which fixes that and as another bonus, adds quick saves to the game. It plays much better with the patch.

I checked my framerates and it said I was getting 690-750 fps on the highest settings. I remember when the game was considered demanding. :)

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    do u mean 65 to 69?

17. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    No, it said I was getting 750 fps.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Hehe running farcry 1 on an overkill system what do you expect xd its like running counterstrike 1.6 on an i7 and gtx 970 u ll get 1000 fps

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, last time I played FarCry... the FPS counter was insane.
    But, I set vsync and just enjoyed an amazingly smooth experience.

I also remember the game first coming out back in 2004, and having to crank settings down to get a playable game going.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    This game is just so awesome to pick up and play for a few hours. It is my favourite Far Cry game to date. It's so enjoyable just picking and direction and seeing what distractions I can come across. The way the game rewards you with unlockables and skills just keeps me wanting to play and although the world is hardly realistic (taming animals takes 15 seconds and a single button press?), it is fun and often jaw-dropping to look at. This is what games are about for me; being sucked into an imaginary world in way that makes you forget about the real one for a few hours.

It also helps that this game is the most stable Far Cry to date for me with absolutely no crashes or even stuttering (I still think GameWorks is the culprit behind the instability in Far Cry 4 even when they are all turned off). Performance mostly holds 60 fps (Ultra settings at 2560x1440 with only minor dips every now and again), nothing that mars the overall experience.

I would love to see Ubisoft do another game with dinosaurs though even if it would not be remotely accurate (they could even do it as a drug-induced vision as DLC from within Far Cry Primal actually).