Far Cry PC vs XBOX360 vid

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Snowski, Feb 14, 2006.

1. k4t4n4

k4t4n4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    B
    Its not like they can do incredible stuff for console GFX cards and just make down sized GFX cards for PCs....

2. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Do either of you own a 360? Didn't think so.

My 360 sits alongside my PC and the both run through my HD LCD TV and I gotta tell you that the 360 is rocking and rolling at the minute. There is nothing on the PC that comes close to PGR3 and Fight Night.......

Keep kidding yourselves guys, but compared to the £300 I spent on the graphics card alone the £280 for the Xbox is money well spent, trust me.

I was a die hard pc gamer too, and still will be with games like BF2 etc, but having the 360 has taught me to be more open minded when it comes to things like this.......

Graphically the 360 at the moment is more than a match for current PC's, we'll have to wait for the next generation and DX10 before us PC gamers can turn our nose's up again......

3. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    your right i dont but ive played one on a 24" screen and my comment stands

as for spending 280 on the xbox and it looking better my pc will play games at high ress for the next four years and still be fast will your xbox?

4. BlueDragonXP

BlueDragonXP Guest

im still trying to figure out what your trying to say.........

5. BlueDragonXP

BlueDragonXP Guest

Yeah the Xbox360 graphics are more then a match for current PC's.... but what about the games? lol i dont even wanna buy the 360 cuz i can play god of war, resident evil 4, dragon quest 8, gran turismo 4, jak 3, winning eleven 9... and so many more games on my PS2.

what in the world you play on that console???? NFS:MW? COD2? they look like PC ports to me and no big deal.

we can only wait for the real next gen to start in the coming months with PS3 and the nintento Revolution.

6. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    i take it you have nothing constructive to add to the thread blue dragon?

7. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    my bad dragon only caught your first post

8. BlueDragonXP

BlueDragonXP Guest

lol its all good :dave:

9. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    YES!!!!!!!

That is the main purpose to a console. During those 4 years you would have spent god knows how much just to make the game playable whereas the console will trudge on still with the same hardware, able to output relatively good looking titles.

Take a look at the last generation xbox games for reference.

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Just remember when quoting £280 for the 360, that most people (especially in the UK and Europe where HDTV is a very new thing) will have to fork out for an HDTV in order to get High res gaming. In the UK u are talking around £1000 for a decent HDTV atm, so thats gonna cost £1280 for ppl like me. Now y would i bother to do that when i still wouldnt be able to game at 1600x1200 like i can on my rig, and there are no where near the choice of games right now. Also, seeing as HD DVD's arent available yet, and HDTV is still years away, i dont really fancy dropping a grand on a TV that i would use to play like 8 titles on. LOL.

11. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Of course Consoles are excellent value, and the latest ones, xbox360, ps3 when its out will also rock.

If your someone who upgrades ur pc alot, your basically doing it, to goto a higher rez, or turn on abit more af aa,etc.

But Truthfully, 1024x768, x4aa, x8f is all i've ever need:)

I mean truthfully, the games i play are mainly online, and only bf2 needs abit more power when in a 64player server.

I've played many a racing game, and today i got a chance to play pgr3, all i can say is omfg.

Nothing on pc even comes close to it.

And from what ive seen of farcry on xbox360, its looking tasty is all i can say.

12. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    You have a point Mike, But I play my 360 on my pc monitor to enjoy High res gaming lol. (got called a pc geek for that on OCUK :rolleyes:)

That cost me £12 so add the £265 I payed for my 360 and that makes £277 which isn't too bad.

I can see where you are coming from however. I suppose it then goes down to choice. Do you want a high end pc that will get outdated and won't be able to play the next line up of titles very well or do you buy a console plug it in a forget about it, just chuck in the game that you want to play and not have to worry about settings etc.

I have both so I'm not really too bothered lol!

13. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    *Sigh* here we go "xbox360 VS PC" all over again :S

14. BlueDragonXP

BlueDragonXP Guest

LOL you dont have a HDTV?

I been having 2 HDTV's for a long time now. I didn't buy them to just play PS3 in the future but for watching TV...... and Blue Ray is coming this year so its realy close.....

A HDTV is something everyone should buy.... not just for a console........

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2006
  15. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

[​IMG]

Who are they trying to kid? Lets take the PC version and look into the water and not at land.

Lets take the 360 version and look into the jungle...

Not even a close comparison. I have seen Farcry on some top-end computers, there's no way the 360 can match the graphics.

16. Snowski

Snowski Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 8800GT 660/1650/1900
    I was wondering how COD 2 compared since its built on both platforms

Some say that on the xbox the ground texture gets blurry after a few feet?

On the PC that would be the same as mip optimization on then

Also COD2 seems to have jaggies? so thats like 2xAA? not 4x

I cant believe that

17. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

[​IMG]

Open water vs non open water.

Why can't these idiots actually compare using two of the same areas? Plus Far Cry's been out for 2 years. Who are they kidding?

18. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    Well I have it on both the 360 and on the PC. All games on the 360 are renedered internally at 720p with 2xAA.

COD 2 on the 360 does however seem to not be employing any AF as like you have said textures from the mid distance onwards are blurred. (more apparent on walls).

It definately looks better on my pc at 1280x1024 with 4xAA and 8x AF but then again for the settings so it should.

On the other hand PGR3 seems to be running much higher AA and some decent AF as well.

19. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I would think they didnt look into the land, maybe they didnt have the vid of that, or maybe not alot has changed concerning the foilage.

But don't be mistaken, that the 360 couldnt render the land like the pc, thats just silly, what they are showing you is that, the water has been updated and to good effect.

Before, i'd seen that, i'd have said, the best water is in this order.

FARCRY
    HALFLIFE 2
    BF2
    AGE OF EMPIRES 3( If u can count 2dish)

But that vid gets the thumbs up from me, except i'd like to see a load more of it:)

20. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    Xaser04 when you said how much it cost i simply meant that i will not have to spend another penny and my games will just keep on getting better and better looking where as with the 360 you cannot even upgrade and the games will only improve slightly as things move on.
    i mean no offence by this i see it looks great and for a very good price but untill everyone has hdtv the argument cannot be a strong one.