Far Cry makes me cry

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by David16k, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    I dont your system even reaches minimum spec David16k , Sdram is actually more expensive to buy now , not sure wether there is anything that could be achieved on your system.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Farcry_1.html might help you out , if you having looked at it already and running the bare bones configuration on black vipers site.

O/T And whome don't expect to be staying on the forums with an attidtude like that for much longer , rather than posting things like that why don't you create a little Blog for yourself where you can rant on your own and not subject intelligent mature people to your drivell.

2. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    I feel for you David. Computer stuff is very expensive but these guys are right. You don't meet the minimum system requirements for RAM and CPU speed. Far Cry is a very demanding game. Doom3 and HL2 are very friendly to lower end systems but not FarCry.

You'll just have to mothball Farcry until you can get something better.

3. -ToasT-

-ToasT- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670
    Well we have plenty of ass holes to go around, don't we?

That being said, I concur with those that weren't demeaning you or your PC. Far Cry is very demanding. Right now I am typing on a AMD 2100+ with 512MB RAM and ti4200, all of which is a gigantic leap over your hardware. And what did it do? Take two minutes to load the menu and three to four to load the level. And after that was done, it lagged like all hell. It was awful. Which was especially weird because I can get HL2 to run quite given the setup.

The problem doesn't *really* lie in your computer, but in Far Cry itself being so demanding and so unscalable.

I don't think there are any real fixes for it. But, just as a question, what technology are you waiting for exactly? Your computer hardware is all 4-5 years old. Just wondering.

Sorry none of us can help.

4. whome

whome Guest

Too " David16k"
    There should be a benefit or collection for you !!
    Rich or Poor everyone should play FarCry @ 100fps
    Airforce One will make a drop of the newest computer gear over The Netherlands area !!

You can stop CRYING now

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2005

5. Hajile

Hajile Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d FX 5900xt
    @whome
    Strong words for someone that doesn't even post his own specs. Too embarassed?

6. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    have airforce one drop a 7800 over Copenhagen to ok?

7. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Uhmm, david... have you heard of the geforce 6800 gt or the 7800 gtx?... Those are the things you should be waiting for, well they are out already, you just need some $$$. Seriously, there is no way to tweak and uber tweak Far Cry, that game is full of shaders, which is bad, coz you got a 5600 FX, full of ragdoll physics, and other physics which is again bad, coz you got a 900 mhz Duron, it has HUGE maps, which is again bad, coz you got 128 RAM, so see, that is why everyone tells you to upgrade, or if not, forget Far Cry

And SniperDaws, continue trooling and i will report your ass

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  8. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    I'm amazed that FarCry will run at all with the system you have listed......

9. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
  10. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I thought airforce one only dropped presidents, oops. By that i mean, bush should have dropped over iraq!!!.(<---- Total Idiot)

Getting back to the real issue,

As everyone has said, some nicely, some not. It's not worth you playing alot of these games really if your into graphics)

Your whole system does indeed need an upgrade.

On the note of farcry,among other things, you don't have enough ram period. your h/d is being thrased using virtual memory, your system will melt if you continue. Thats y your getting pauses and long loading times in farcry.

Look at my specs, i don't have the greatest system by any means, but it works well for me.

Rad9700pro, greatest card ever built for its time:)

Still kicking dx9's a$$.

And by the way, true next gen is here in the form of F.E.A.R. to run that full up, you really do need a killer system. And full up means, soft shadows,everything.

11. whome

whome Guest

If i had your pc I would be to embarassed to tell the world
    BUT maybe were your from your doing real well...LOL

I just don't feel the need to since I didn't ask for tech help at this time.............................
    Besides half the specs listed are just WISH LISTS ....
    My pc is up-to-date and will do all tasks with ease......
    Playing f.e.a.r.2 , HL2 and farcry is no problem for me......

12. MiccyNarc

MiccyNarc Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Winfast A400 6800 LE, pipes
    If you're trying to run any new game on 128 megs of SDRAM, you might want to have your head checked. No seriously, you might.
    EDIT:
    His specs are fine if he's on a budget.

Now if your computer is so "OMFG UBER AMAZING!!", please post your specs, preferrably with photographs of each component with a Guru3d.com poster to make sure we know it is really you.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  13. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Here's the deal, Dave... by the time unreal 2007 comes out, id will build a Doom5 engine that will demand even higher specs so you might want to wait a couple of more years for that. But then, Unreal 2009 will be in the works with a new engine...

See what I'm saying here?

14. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I think some people only are looking at the specs and immediatelly start saying that this system can't do anything. Then you probably don't know how fast a 905MHz processor can be at full speed. Quite funny eh?

My system has reached higher 3DMark scores and game FPS than some people can get with their AthlonXP 1800+. I even beat someone with a 3000+ in 3DMark03, but that guy wasn't much of a computer expert. It's all about how you use your system. I'm using my system at 99%. If someone with a AMD FX CPU has an unoptimized system thats running at 40% he won't get far.

15. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I understand what you mean. Thats why I made this new thread in the hardware section:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147651

I'm going to buy a new system when I know what hardware I'll need.

16. alst

alst Guest

GPU:
    8800gt
    you are trying to play at the minimum details, right? maybe setting the game to opengl mode would help? you can do that in game config file.

17. chukb

chukb Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 Ultra 256 OC agp
    ya best suggestion your gonna get.. stop buying games.. save money.. upgrade... its your only solution

18. MiccyNarc

MiccyNarc Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Winfast A400 6800 LE, pipes
    That's all well and good, I'm sure. But again, you are using 133 Mhz SDRAM. And 128 megs of it. Nowadays, 512 MB DDR 266 doesn't cut it, anything less is pure insanity.

19. Smokey21

Smokey21 Guest

LMAO. Well duh, the difference between a 1ghz P3 and A64 is like night/day, lol.:)

20. Hajile

Hajile Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d FX 5900xt
    Not the highest specs but i'm still proud of it :) The PC's also used for sidelines so it's actually paying for its own upgrades. Not exactly the money pit some people have :p Figure i won't have to upgrade for atleast another year. The next one is gonna be pretty steep. RAM, PCIEMobo, Processor AND Videocard. Ouch!

BTW, the whole thing (Tuner, burner, 17" flatscreen, etc. it's loaded) costs less than $750.00 brand new :D

If it was a 900Mhz Athlon, i'd agree with you. But a Duron?

Actually, some of us do know what it's like. Myself especially. I've been upgrading part by part since the Pentium166MMX back in highschool ("That's the first and last PC we'll buy you"--my parents, I've been using it for part time jobs to earn enough money for upgrades ever since) and my current rigs previous incarnation is an Athlon900 128MB SDRAM and a ti4200. Might be considered close to yours, and while it can still run some games decently, it was already at it's limit when i upgraded 2 years ago.

Have you tried playing RedAlert2? Not very heavy on the graphics but games like it are hell on the CPU once the maps starts filling up with units. Ever tried photo editing? Having the PC pause while you're in the middle of brushing to swap with the cache can be a little bit irritating.

What i'm actually amazed is that you're actually using WinXP with your rig. At those specs, XP is actually slower than Win98SE. You only benefit from XP's new core if your PC can cover XP's rather large overhead. I benchmarked the OSes each time i upgraded and WinXP only broke even against Win98se when the system went well past 1Ghz and 256Memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.