Far Cry, help!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ThermaltakeX, Nov 21, 2005.

1. ThermaltakeX

ThermaltakeX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 295
    I am on the Dam level, and I cant beat it.. i always get chased down an beaten with a cane. This is really frustrating. It's silly how u can zip through a game.. and then u get to a map where u can do anything at all.

Ive tried jumping up on the mountain and sliding down to where the dead merc is to grab his ammo.. but it still doesnt work..

Someone please help me beat this! :mad:

2. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    Use god mode :)

3. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

Why dont you restart the level?
    Or just use another checkpoint?

I finished that game 2 times. The first with a 5200 and the second with a 6800 but i never get stucked in any part.
    BTW, which one is the DAM level?
    I cant remember, is it when its the day, afternoon, nigh, or morning, or evening?

4. shrapnel22

shrapnel22 Master Guru

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT @ 400/1100
    Here is a little guide.

1. kill trigden at top of waterfall (if you're a good shot, otherwise, just run for it and hope he overjumps you)

2. Jump off waterfall, landing in deep pool

3. Swim down river, staying as deep as possible, but when too shallow, RUN!! until you get to a deep spot. Trigdens can't swim :)

4. Make way to helicopter

5. Chaingun everything in sight.

6. Make way to the base, stock up on everything, jump in buggy, and drive.

7. Avoid the big guys with rocket launchers - there's no way you can take them

8. stand on top of mountain and shoot mercs (near the building at the top of the mountain there is a sniper rifle)

9. Run to main doors

10. Get stuck on beginning of volcano level, which is where I am currently stuck. I've been contemplating using the god mode, but I really want to beat this game fairly, although after about fifty tries so far...it's tempting.

I hope that helps. I actually found the dam level quite easy, as compared to the catacombs and currently the volcano level.

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    i'm at point 6 still, my jeep keeps gettin stuck on rocks n fallin in lava n stuff, should i ditch it and go by foot, i reckon i can take em all.

6. ThermaltakeX

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 295
    I tried swimming down the river.. and running across the shallow part.. but the cloaked trigent always shoots me.. even when i get back in the deep, he shoots me when im under water. Im going to try to lure the trigents into the water by throwing rocks at them. Then maybe that will make a clear path to the copter.

7. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
    After getting the ammo think 'Camper' i.e - Stay back and take out anything you can see from a distance. Don't driver the jeep across the bridges after getting the ammo at the gates.
    BTW. I've just started playing on the Veteran difficulty... & it's great hard fun, I had loads of problems when I first came across the big dude with the rocket launchers & trygens in the corridor.. lol how mwny retries ??. I might even one day play it on the hardest difficulty like a friend did (he did finish it), I don't think it'll be as tough as Call Of Duty's United Offensive addon was though.
    Great game one of the best, still makes me laugh.

8. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    COD: U.O. was good fun, but the hardest level of Far Cry had me beat. No way I could finish the last two levels in that mode. Hmmm, thinking about it gives me an itch again. I might just play it again for a while....

9. ThermaltakeX

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 295
    I passed it!

[​IMG] I jumped down the water fall, the trigent jumping off behind me and drowning. I met a lot of large trigents here.

[​IMG] I threw rocks at their faces and ran around them and back into the water until they all drowned.

[​IMG] When all of them had drowned, I ran to the copter.

[​IMG] After that.. i took the vehicle and jumped the ramp.. got out of the vehicle.. ran past all of the rocket trigens. They didn't touch me once.

[​IMG] I had made it to the dude who created the virus's base.

[​IMG] I slayed him.

[​IMG] Put chairs on the door so it wouldnt close.. and lured the rocket dudes to me.

[​IMG] killed them

[​IMG] Killed everyone here and crossed and killed Doyle. The end! :D

(the reson the fps is so low is because i have it on max with 8x AA and 16x AF.)

10. {LSK} Otacon

{LSK} Otacon Guest

Ok, im making an observation here. See iv never beat this game, im still stuck fighting that crow guy, but in the Sandbox you can play any level. And i noticed in your screens, Jacks arms are greenish and he has claw like fingernails. ..................:eek:

11. ThermaltakeX

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 295
    Yeah! Sounds like you need to beat this game legit. It's just great. In my oppinion, it's the best FPS out there, and its more than 2 years old! The rendering, texture, and physics are just amazing for a 2 year old game.

12. {LSK} Otacon

{LSK} Otacon Guest

2 years old? I got mine like few months ago cuz i saw it in a magazine. And it looked like a new release to me

13. ThermaltakeX

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 295
    No, its 2 years old. :D. I'd know this because i bought it two years ago.. but didn't bother to try and beat it until a few days ago.

14. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
    That bit at the end was hard on the top diff. I was at my friends and it was actually I that did everything on the last save but I did learn from him what the sequence was. It was funny that door where you enter the cone of the volcano... my friend was nudgging chairs from far away to that door as well.. lol it's a great game still plays good after all this time. I haven't replied verbally to an in-game NPC with such sacrasm and intensity for ages... again i maust say it's a great game and a nice engine. It runs a lot better these days what with game & driver updates + WinXP's service pack 2 changes.

15. {LSK} Otacon

{LSK} Otacon Guest

Damn, and its still $40 at Target. Thats what i paid for it.

16. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
    They must have raked it in with this game.. especially if it's still $40. I'm gonna have a look at what they're (Crytek) up to with this new Graphincs Engine. I heard that works with DirectX-10 so the future could hold some more action with even more splendid atmosfear.

17. ss8541ss

ss8541ss Active Member

GPU:
    5870 ati x 2
    just an fyi, gamestop sells it for $19.99....at least where I live.
    I just checked their website...$19.99 on there also.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  18. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    £9.97 for last 4 months on amazon.co.uk or $19.99 on amazon.com, finally summat we get cheaper than USA.

19. ThermaltakeX

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 295
    Haha yeah. I bet its $40 at target still, because its so great :O

20. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Far cry is the best singleplayer experieince i've ever played!