Far cry boat map

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scox35, Jan 11, 2006.

1. scox35

scox35 Member

GPU:
    2-NVIDIA GeForce 9800gtx
    ok anyone know how to take out that helicopter in the boat map after you blow the tower. omg i hit it like 5 times with a rpg and it still wont go down, tried to hide in the bridge in the ship but it fills with wated lmao what a pain in the butt. I think ive tried everything, anyone know?

2. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    It takes quite a few hits to down it. I hated that part in the game.

3. outbreak123

outbreak123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr V
    you could save up some OICW grenade, those thing rocks, and always try to hide inside the ship, and try to take it down as fast as you can.. use OICW grenade first, and then some RPG if OICW grenade run out of ammo.. and if you have nothing left, P90 should help you if you are lucky...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    The easiest way is to use the minigun on the lower deck of the ship (not forgetting the two dudes shooting at you from the top deck!)

[EDIT} ok, just realised you are talking about a different level. Don't mind me... not paying attention as usual!

5. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    I got to the very (?) top of the ship... Since it never sank entirely, this gave me an advantage as time was on my side.

Then I just used some object for cover, leaning out to take shots with the scoped rifle (could only take a few shots before leaning back into cover). Didn't even 'waste' any explosives on that sucker.

:)

6. scox35

scox35 Member

GPU:
    2-NVIDIA GeForce 9800gtx
    I will give it a shot thanks.

7. scox35

scox35 Member

GPU:
    2-NVIDIA GeForce 9800gtx
    ok i give up ive tried like 50 times still cant take that s.o.b out lmao man what a pain hardest part of the game so far grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

8. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    lol as soon as it starts run to the front of the boat and jump off swim to the shoreline there a little island just off shore, it has a crevice where the gunner cant hit you, just take carefully aimed shots at the helicoper with your rocket launcher. if you cant do it then i suggest god mode for that section of the game....good luck! Its funny how everyone remembers that part of the game, its really hard the 1st time around!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  9. shravan

shravan Master Guru

GPU:
    BIG 6600GT@580/1200 on 29" TV
    Lower the difficulty setting temporarily until u down the helicopter. U may also enable god mod. Another option is to add "-devmode" to the game's desktop shortcut. This will not only let u enable god mode, but also allow u to jump to any map of ur choice. U can jump to the next map, skipping that irksome level.

10. outbreak123

outbreak123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr V
    try to get inside the ship, and take cover in there.. use OICW grenade as i said.. it works for me..

11. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Ah, i know what your talking about now. First, snipe it with all your bullets as it flies towards you. When it gets there, rocket lauch with a few OICW clips in between.

I was at the very front of the boat, i forget what i hid behind though. Good luck.

12. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Have you got the sniper rifle? Use that, (kill the guys with the miniguns on the helicopter..), then use your OICW grenades, then the RPG. It should go down.

13. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

I finished it at the max difficulty and it took me all my rocket launcher ammo and some other guns ammo too.

It was very very difficult. I think that was the more difficult part in the game.

Even the triggens part without guns and weapons and the last volcano part was easier for me.

14. shrapnel22

shrapnel22 Master Guru

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT @ 400/1100
    Go for the island off the stern of the boat - you WILL get hurt a bit when the boat blows, but try to jump as far as possible, and you will be able to make it to the island with the wreck on it. You can then hide behind trees and stuff. I just kept one of the trees between myself and the copter, popping out for a second to fire a rocket, then hiding again. Took about 8 rockets right to the side (Medium difficulty - I wouldn't even dream of trying this game on the Hardest level = suicide)

Good luck, and I agree, it is probably the hardest part of the game. Also the only noticeably unrealistic, since the helicopter shouldn't be any stronger than any others.

15. scox35

scox35 Member

GPU:
    2-NVIDIA GeForce 9800gtx
    Thanks, you all did it so i guess ill give it another go lmao tuff lil bugger tho. Thanks again all

16. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I usually swim back to the land and just stay behind that palm tree and blast the helicopter down :D

17. scox35

scox35 Member

GPU:
    2-NVIDIA GeForce 9800gtx
    Ok now im P.O. I finnaly took out the dam Helicopter and guess what going to the next map shows the load bar as if the map was loading and as soon as it gets to the end the dam game poofs turns off right to the desk top like it was never running. wtf anybody have this happen to them? by the way its easy once you do it onces lmao thanks

18. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Yes! That exact thing happened to me, except i got pissed and instead of redoing that part just jumped ahead to the next level with cheats.

19. scox35

scox35 Member

GPU:
    2-NVIDIA GeForce 9800gtx
    What is the next level?

20. scox35

scox35 Member

GPU:
    2-NVIDIA GeForce 9800gtx
    n/m its the Catacombs I just tried to run the cheat and it does the same thing the game justs poofs and closes down grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr