Far Cry 6 product page Surfaces - Welcome to Latin america

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 10, 2020.

1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx3070 gaming X
    Sorry...wrong post was quoted

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That stopped being far cry a long time ago. To state todays games are not far cry because, effectively, one game in its entire franchise, was different....thats on you.

If they released a far cry game that was like the original, today, it'd flop because almost no one is expecting that kind of game and will be way too much of a change. You'd get the very small minority like you happy, and probably destroy the franchise from ever having another game because of it.

3. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    intel onboard video
    sounds like they are re-making boiling point? basically FC before FC.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

I feel your pain bro. But what was the alternative? Send bunch of white bois to lead a mercenary army in the middle of Latin American jungle? Hope they blend in? No one notices anything out of place?

2 months ago a Florida-based security company called Silvercorp did just that. The boys were cooked before they hit the beach :( LOL
    Jungle is no place for a white man; a fukin pimple can kill you. Stay home, stay safe.

alanm likes this.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    The "climb a tower to unlock area" got old fast, glad they ditched it in 5.

3 was great I thought, the hallucinogen levels were trippy as hell lol. I hated 4 the map was boring and the consistent climbing got boring for me, also the antagonist was a little lacking compared to 3. I couldn't get into primal at all though I liked the idea and how they used the same map as 4 but thousands of years in the past. 5 for me was excellent, the towers were gone, the characters were interesting and the main antagonist was really interesting. Gave me a "Waco" vibe.

Your avatar is making more sense now after reading a few of your comments here.

The Goose likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    A continuation of Far Cry, I consider every game after Far Cry to not be Far Cry games because they are not.... they are just unrelated games that are using the name as a means of marketing.

I will not argue with anyone regarding my opinion of these unrelated games, I am just stating my opinion on my disappointment about there never being any more real Far Cry games.

7. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900 XT
    Not Ubisoft week, someone inside Ubisoft leak info about FarCry 6 and how
    FarCry 3
    tie with the story of FarCry 6.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    From leaked trailer, Steam not listed, guess it won't be available on Steam.

[​IMG]

Well... maybe the 7th game will be a real FarCry game.....

*stares off into the distance*

9. justdoge

justdoge Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    another game about commie revolution where player is forced to shoot patriots?

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Its just a game ffs. If people get triggered by political inferences they dont agree with, then do not buy it. Turn on your TV, watch Fox news and get back to your preferred opinionated state of mind.

11. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    I love the jungle fights in FC3 but the ghost/god visions BS turned me away from the game later in the story.

If i spot any form of drug infested visions, mushrooms or superapples in the FC6 videos i GTFO instantly!

The Goose likes this.
  12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Needs to END. Really.

Its the same thing every year.

itpro likes this.
  13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx3070 gaming X
    Well there are 2 sides to every fence....on one side people like the games to link up and continue a story but on the other.....people dont want the same thing...they want some thing new and different.
    Me personally....i like games like the division 1/2 or arma 1/2/3, i liked the original Farcry right up to the point when the monsters came, i prefer fighting humans, i also found it to linear, which is why 3/4/5 and new dawn....in my opinion were great games but quite short lived, my ideal game would be a combo of the 3 gens.....graphics of the division.....movement and ballistics of Arma and the story frame and landscape of Farcry 3/4/5, but thats just my opinion.

14. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Haters gonna hate, and I can't wait.

[​IMG]

15. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    intel onboard video
    I did and im not upset, i thought the original formula on farcry was stale.
    and really people are upset waa waa, not too worried about that.

16. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Great, so go play other games. Ubi keeps making FC games because they sell millions of copies, so obviously there's big demand for such games. Not every game is for every person. What's so hard to understand?

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm a sucker for FC games, just as I'm one for AC games. I know it's the same formula, but yeah, I just like the story aspect that's new or at least different every time. And damn if I'm not a huuuge Breaking Bad fan and really look forward to having Gus Fring (or better said a supercharged dictator version of him!) being the big bad once more. It's funny that I immediately recognized Nacho from Far Cry 3 when I started Better Call Saul, and now it will be the other way around. :rolleyes:

18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    angelgraves13 likes this.
  19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's one game, with effectively an expansion. Yes, i have played them, and no, if you want to consider it 2 games, it doesnt change the facts of what i said.

Farcry instincts wasnt even made by crytek, so again, farcry stopped being the original farcry long, long ago. Closest thing to it would be crysis.

20. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I think all of them do. FC4 had trips, FC5 had bliss. All pretty similar in effect.