Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    what linear levels, im telling u i play multiplayer map 64 players at 1440p no problem, u tell me linear levels, i never played bf sp campaign, only multiplayer big maps with 64 players, so yeah it is far more optimized than farcry is, thats why im ranting on ubisoft

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And... as I thought was common knowledge by now, I don't play MP. Ever. In anything.

But, you never mentioned what part of BF you were playing.I took a guess.
    And, you yourself even state... at 1080p the games run fine. This goes back to what I previously said... at the right settings it's fine. Just because Game A runs fine at this setting, doesn't mean Game B, on completely different tech, will run the same.
    Engine A and B can both be wonderfully optimized, doesn't mean they will run the same.

3. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Ubisoft games play fine for me, the only one I'm forced to play at 1440P is AOC and that is due to the ongoing lack of an SLI profile.

I know someone will look at my profile and make the obvious comment to the effect of 'what did you expect with that hardware' but in all honesty, higher clocked 7700s and 8700s will give you better performance than I get on my rigs. I build my rigs for multipurpose application, not just gaming, so if I can play Ubisoft games at 4K/60FPS, then it's a safe bet that others can too.

As DA mentioned, Frostbite is not a particularly demanding engine and comparing BF1 to FC5 (or any other open world game) is about as far as it gets from an 'apples to apples' comparison.

MP BF 1 is not even close to the same animal as something like AOC or FC5, the demand on the CPU from things like AI are non existent in BF1 MP and that's just for starters.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    u can look at the difference in quality btw the two games and engines, and then u can tell me which games would require more, as bf1 looks much better than farcry primal in every regard. this is where the main concern is, a game better looking than the other one and still runs better at higher resolution on the same hardware

5. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    That's not scientific at all.

Firstly, 'better looking' is subjective and secondly, they are two totally different types of game, the open world games such as FC5 or Primal being infinitely more demanding than something like BF1's multiplayer.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    so ur defending the fact that farcry primal should be like this and needs more to run at 1440p?

7. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    What?

I'm not defending anything, I'm pointing out that your comparisons are meaningless because you are comparing two totally different types of game with very different requirements.

You seem intent on ignoring this particular fact in favor of continually extoling the visual quality of BF1 over 'any Ubisoft game' (which as I have already mentioned is totally subjective) so I don't know as there is anything else to say.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming

20.min of action

9. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    I just found out you can play the whole campaign in co-op! I can't believe I missed this news :)

10. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Just doesn't look very interesting to me, typical FC stuff, quest givers that just hang around and apparently too lazy to do anything for themselves as usual, go to this quest marker, do this, go here, do that, gee never seen that before and way too much OSD stuff, I hate games treating me like I'm 9 yrs old and the most implausible story for the time era I've ever seen. Would have been fine if it was taking place in the 1800's.

11. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Game looks okay - I just hope it isn't filled with meaningless objectives and repetitive crap.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Yes indeedy! Wife and I can't wait to play through it together, we had a lot of fun playing Wildlands together :)

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Ubisoft seems to be the biggest offender in that area. They're not alone though. I don't really mind if you can turn it off, but then the gameplay needs to support being able to play the game with these things turned off.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, there are no radio towers in FarCry 5.
    This time, if you want to see what the map is... you actually have to explore it and see it with your own eyes.

And, there have been other changes to the FC formula. I'm looking forward to 5, looks like fun. Also, I love the tone... slightly off the wall and over the top.

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming

Ubisoft Lies, can't say how much im still disapointed with how this game could have been till this day, such a shame

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Okay... we all know the downgrade issues with Ubisoft.
    But, gameplay wise, that video is still an accurate depiction of FarCry 3.

17. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I don't think the problem with Far cry 5 will be the graphics.
    Even dispite the Far Cry 3 was downgrade, the graphics were good enough, especially for that time.
    What made people like Far Cry 3 was the game itself, which was great and still the same to that video.
    What I personally didn't enjoyed was the repetition of all this games now.
    So I'm not sure how this lies were a problem to far cry 3.
    It was for Watch Dogs because the game was generic (with exception to the online) and the graphics were miles ahead comparing to the main game.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Primal is my favorite entry at the moment.
    Similar enough to 3, but different enough in it's tone, setting and style.

And, I enjoyed 4, but it was too similar to 3. From it's setting, weapons, enemies... it really felt like FarCry 3.5 to me. I enjoyed it, but, it didn't do enough to separate it.

I'm thinking 5 will do this. Slight changes to the open world mechanics and design. And I'm glad they are shifting the tone just a little, making it a bit more B-level action romp instead of trying to play a serious drama with a "crazy" badguy.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    i kinda feel the gameplay suffers from being the same as 3 and 4 minus the radio towers...

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm glad for their removal.
    It's just the AC "viewpoints"... used to fill in the map. I like the idea of having to discover the map for myself, instead of running/driving to a tower... got to the top and flip a switch. And suddenly I know where everything in that area is. I've never been a big fan of that.

So, it being removed, personally, is a good thing. I'm much happier with it being the Elder Scrolls/Fallout way of actually exploring for myself.