Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nah, FC2.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Always found it funny that some try to say FC3 and forward are just boring because you do the same thing over and over in the games.

Yet... say FC2 is the best.
    Even though all you do in the game is the exact same thing over and over.
    ;)

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    why it more down to settings which you enjoy more on top the story/characters.

because you go around do light survival and shoot stuff for 30 to 80 hours. the mecahics have been tweaked but not changed much.

and what do you do with it? get pro writers? make an amazing story? sure take money and talet and work things the industry does not seem interested in when they can do the lest amount of work reskin something and sell it.

and it when these games feel like lazy reskins people start to drift?

well they got a swamp biome to explore yet. but the formula is there and yea some of us have done in 2 different far crys or more it wearing thin though.

but whats the way you go with it? you make it more over the top a first person just cause or something or you go more role play sim and up the survial elements and make the gunplay and etc more "pro." could open the games to modding? could hire talent to make better games. all things they could do to shift the franchise in an interesting direction.

4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Each one of the series has its annoyances, FC2 for me was the malaria and the constantly respawning enemies. with FC5 it was the annoying forced cut scenes and pointless mini games.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Malaria kills it.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    i can very surely say that FC3 and farcry primal are the best in the series hands down

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Primal felt like a dlc not a full hame. They removed guns, cars, helicopters and replaced it with spears, bows and rocks, lovely. You know whats fun about 10k bc? Nothing.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Agreed. Because of the bloody outposts and patrol respawn i constantly traveled on foot or by boat and suddenly it became a far better game for me.
    Cleared most locations with the silenced pistol - which is so accurate you can actually snipe with it if you draw a point in the middle of your screen. ;)

My only gripe with FC2 is that your mission givers all talk too fast, they all sound like robots.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    W
    Well it didn t really age well did it?

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I wanted to like FarCry 2. I really, really did.
    Was super excited for the game, pre-ordered it... could not wait to play it.

And for the first few hours, I was all in. Combat was solid, visuals were great...
    Then, gun jammed. And jammed. And jammed... then exploded. Then malaria, okay... lets turn around and go back and resupply on ammo, oh... those enemies are back. Okay. Kill them, get ammo... turn around start going back... wait, the enemies are back again. The hell...

Oh, new gun... ohhh... it's rusted and broken. Oh it blew up. Malaria.
    Hey, a cutscene... oh, the actor is speed reading the script... budget probably couldn't keep the sound booth open long enough...
    Oh... a new mission. But, it's exactly the same as the last one, and the one before that. And before that.

BUT... Africa is supposed to be incredibly deadly and dangerous, lets explore..... well... no dangers out in the wild. No hostile animals. Malaria.
    Oh, a person... oh wait, outside the town... means this random person instantly knows who I am and wants to kill me? Yep. Shot at me on sight, even though I'm currently working for his side. Gotcha.

There's a lot FC2 does right. The core combat/gunplay (when weapons are jamming for the 20th time and exploding) is great. Stealth is a little borked, but showed promise. The world is gorgeous, and well designed. I love the real world map and healing yourself.
    But, there's so much about the core design that just falls flat.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Same, except for me this was condensed to a time of about fifteen minutes I think (glad I bought the budget re-release way after release).

I did retry the game a few years back but still felt the same. Or actually even worse because open world / sand box fps had been done way better many times ever since.

I do give FC2 credit for vision and ambition though, nothing quite like it had been done at the time I think.

Still, gameplay first and systems second, not the other way around.

ramthegamer likes this.
  12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    My first time, I think I lasted three hours...
    I tried to replay it a while back. And made it about two hours again.

I then bought it on Steam for a super cheap sale, with the thought that I was gonna really make myself do it this time.
    I installed it, but never even launched it.