Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    Retrieving the packages is too gamey.. why would there be a smoke were it is, it would make a lot more sense to have something that beeps a bit higher when you get close to it and truly would have to look for it and the chopper should of course wait at the same safe space it landed on.
    But I liked the designs otherwise on many of the levels, the game tends to look better if it only has to render smaller places, dosn't look too repetitive as the main game.

Otherwise I agree that they have made it more into a grind in order to sell stuff, but for me this is never really a problem as it is a single player game and trainers are available no matter which patch version is installed.
    At this point I also hope that FC6 doesn't sell too well so that Ubi is forced to rethink if they can do something more with this, because let's face it, it is generally just more of the same. The outposts are the best part of the game for so that was somewhat improved, finally more of a decent challenge buy largely a lot of time is still spent on traveling from point A to B without much to do inbetween.

Sometimes the AI is ridiculously poor, like when I command a follower to escape the fires they stand in they just stand there and their death is pretty much certain, had they however followed my orders they would only take some damage and survive the whole thing.
    Demon fish are rubbish too, a few bites and the follower needs to be revived, and often it can take 3-4 times before the AI actually understand that perhaps it should swim to the shore..

(I probably mentioned this already, but I'll do it again, why cannot I choose the music volume level? Heck, this has been a feature since the 90s and how many FC games without it?)

2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Totally agree, during these cut scenes i use the time to make a brew or pour some vino. Im now on FC5 having gone through FC4, FC Primal, as always the game doesnt explain much at all and most things are left to the player to work out. I must say that at max settings and 4k its a great looking game that plays smoothly. Some nice little touches to the graphics and gameplay but the normal FC issue like odd AI.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Playing on and off last few days and so far like it. Just wish those damn chatty guns for hire STFU. What I like are gameplay elements similar to Metal Gear Solid 5, capturing outposts and getting bonuses when doing so undetected, especially with a stealthy sniper companion. Character design however is one of the most face-palmy I've seen in a while.

Who would you prefer to tag along? :D
    Nana
    [​IMG]

Or Quiet from MGS V
    [​IMG]

Undying likes this.
  4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Like most FPS games i stick with the basic weapons and characters. .50 with a silencer, high capacity pistol and an assualt rifle with multiple fire modes. As in real life its quicker to change weapons than to change mags. Always engage the enemy at the maximum range then close when you need to.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    cerebus23 and airbud7 like this.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    New Dawn is in Ubisofts Spring Sale and with the extra 20% off you can get with coins it'll be a sweet deal for sure.

6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Wow FC5 is £50 on STEAM right now, i bought it for £12.99 a month ago.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I meant on Uplay :)

8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Yeah bud understood, was just looking on Steam.

9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    Second playthrough, now on the highest difficulty. It's not really polished. In one area I jumped too high (with help of the perk) and the game said I failed the mission because I left the area. Insert a few thousand *bleeps* here.

10. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    same here...love the 50cal but I always keep a shotgun for close stuff.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I think after playing a few game after farcry 5 was released that maybe,this game has the worst AA implementation ever to grace the gaming world, game looks absolutely bad with any of the AA options

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    The sequel to this game (New Dawn) was imo far better. Had a lot of fun with it.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    U mean it looks better and has better AA?

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    No, New Dawn gameplay was a lot more fun (to me). And less BS (none of the hallucinogenic trip missions the writing team forced down your throat since FC3).

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    It was good in fc3, but not after

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
  17. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    the way crouch was either on or off, spoilt it for me.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I would agree. While I really liked FC5, New Dawn was a lot more fun just overall.

Personally... if I was to rank the series..

Primal
    New Dawn
    FC5
    FarCry
    Blood Dragon
    FC3
    FC4
    FC2

And, really, the only one I didn't like was FC2.

19. pegasus1

pegasus1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Primal is excellent.

ramthegamer likes this.
  20. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Yeah, at least in Primal you don't have a walkie-talkie that the villain (or your "friends") can use to be constantly funny at you.