1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Sawblade? :p

EDIT: Then again it's a broad subject. :D

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Nooooooo!! :eek: What have they done?
    A pink Farcry - the feminism version?

Ok....change of plans:

• don't buy this crap
    • get Rage2 instead
    • start holidays on 15th March and play Divison2 with friends
    :D

3. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 / GTX 1080
    Yeah, no. The two chicks are the villains in this one. You can take a deep breath now macho-man, ubisoft isn't trying to go snip-snip at your dangly bits.

AsiJu and Grimbarian like this.
  4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Gameplay looks boring :p

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It really does look like Ubisoft saw the RAGE 2 trailer and thought.. "We can do that"...

Not complaining, I like the FC games, and this looks fun. But...

6. Zenoth

Zenoth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    There's zero changes that spin-off will beat FC3's Blood Dragon. It's the only Far Cry after the original that I really enjoyed. And Blood Dragon's soundtrack is freakin' amazing.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I played Blood Dragon once. I enjoyed it, but nothing made me want to replay it.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Looking at that footage, it is a far cry game alright. Still need to see more though. Hopefully it will be like another BD for me. I feel so weird not being able to enjoy this series at all lol.

9. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
  10. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I've been seeing FC5 on discount all over.. this past month. Now it makes sense! It looks interesting visually (tho looking at it again, its just the pink flowers really), but it's just gonna be yet another Far Cry so... the rational part of my brain wants to say no.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018

11. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Insta-buy for me! Love it and I'm looking forward to it a lot.

12. Heffro

Heffro New Member

GPU:
    EVGA XC RTX 2080
    Anyone playing through again seeing any problems with hitching?

I haven't played this since I finished it back in April and thought I would give it another go with the New Game+. The game ran flawlessly then, but now, even while holding a solid locked 60FPS with low GPU and CPU usage, every 15 - 20 seconds or so there is a "big hitch" and the frame rate drops to 56 for a second. I've tried quite a few things to fix it, even re-installing Windows (it was a long time coming anyway) but that didn't do it. It's aggravating because I'm not seeing this in any other games...which I'm about to go play instead.

13. Kolt

Kolt Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I just started playing not too long ago with a friend in CoOp. Neither of us have any hitches of stuttering in the game.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    That's probably just the game loading assets or something, I experience similar "interruptions" especially when running.

Some versions of the game had less of that, some more. Latest seems to have a bit more again. Driver version may affect this too.

It's bothersome yes. Plus the game seems to struggle to maintain a solid framerate with lots of NPCs on screen and in certain locations without any notable reason.

15. Heffro

Heffro New Member

GPU:
    EVGA XC RTX 2080
    Yeah I wish I could try older drivers from around the time the game was released but they won't work with an RTX. I notice you're also running with an RTX, maybe the game doesn't like that? I dunno. I will still try what few driver versions I can though. It's a shame, I actually like this game a lot. It's not stopping me from playing, it's just annoying.

I've seen some people post on other forums that it has something to do with the game always auto-saving, which if that's true, won't matter what I do anyway.

Anyone know how to mod 10 month old drivers to work with an RTX card? lol. Not sure if it can be done...but would be kinda cool.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yep RTX here too but it was the same with my previous 980 Ti as well.

Just try drivers as they come and hopefully some version will reduce it.
    Btw early 416 drivers iirc had flickering problems with FC 5 so don't downgrade too much if you want to try older ones.

Release notes will state this issue as fixed though, in the first set that had the fix. Previous versions from that set have the issue (unless you'd revert to 300 series but obviously not an option with RTX).

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Gaming X
    Use ISLC to clean standby memory. If it still stutters, it's probably the game itself.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    for me this franchise is dead, farcry 3 was the peak of it, then goes downhill from there.

19. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    That sort of goes for me too. I really like Far Cry 3 with Ziggy's Mod, which tweaks the game just right for me. Sadly, nothing like that exists for 4 or 5, and the games are just incremental additions to FC3, while keeping most of the flaws. There's also a new mod for Far Cry 2, called Redux, which improves the game as well, so I kinda ignore the later main games.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    New dawn maybe redeem it even though i would be rather playing the Rage 2. :D