1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Can anyone deny that the peak for this series was in FC3?
    The first one is still the most intriguing one to me, with the loading screen, the graphics at the time, the setting, for me i consider it a dream shooter

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Blood Dragon for me :p

ramthegamer likes this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    FC Primal for me.
    I really enjoyed FC3, and it was a huge step up from FC2. But... it peaks too soon, and the last third of the game is a bit of a letdown.

But, Primal offered a more immersive world IMO. Also, I preferred the focus on melee combat.

For me, Primal, FC5, FC3 then the first FC (even though it is completely it's own game) then Blood Dragon, FC4 and FC2 is dead last.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    it can t be fc5 better than fc3... i respect ur opinion but it can t be ahead of FC3..

5. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    You say you respect his opinion and then you totally disrespect his opinion :rolleyes:

Not everyone likes the same things you do.

I don't think FC3 is the best FC either, it's a good game, but I would definitely put Primal and the original FC ahead of it.

Sort of on the fence about FC5 as the DLC has been a little silly.

AsiJu likes this.
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    It's funny how different people rate various games... in my book it's fc3 > fc4 > fc > fc5 > fc primal > fc2

7. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, equally, a lot of people think FC2 is the best, I think it is ok but definitely not the best in the series and I have had the benefit of playing it fairly recently.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I haven't played any of the DLC for FC5, haven't bought any of it either.
    But, I really liked FC5. Not sure what about it really stood out to me, but... for some reason it grabbed me more then FC3 and 4 did.

I simply had more fun playing it.
    Possibly because you are not a voiced character, and Jason Brody in FC3 is an annoying little douche bag. Also, FC3 shines because people remember Vaas. Honestly, a lot of people played the game simply to get to the next scene with Vaas.
    And damn near every other character is completely forgettable and throw away. And then the game is a slap in the face by killing Vaas and making him an underling to another big boss. One that pales in every way.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    You wouldn t know what the real plot is about until ur far ahead in the game, and the setting keeps you guessing what s gonna happen..

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I know...
    I said the game basically slaps people in the face by killing Vaas, the main draw, and replacing him with a lackluster "baddie". I know a lot of people who stopped playing shortly after Vaas is killed and they move to the second island, stating that the game just falls apart.

And, really, I don't get why it matters. I like FC3, a lot. Played it multiple times, and really enjoy it.
    I just personally find Primal and FC5 to be more fun. I'm not saying it's a bad game in any way... just, the last third of the game felt tacked on. Like bloat to push the playtime. And, the player character (and damn near every character outside of Vaas) is either horribly annoying... or boring.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    i actually was immersed in the world in farcry primal far more than in fc5

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Same. Which is why Primal is my favorite FarCry game.

ramthegamer likes this.
  13. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    I wouldn't call it Far Cry 5. Honestly its FC 4.5)
    But if you played FC 3 or 4 before and liked, sure go ahead. As for more games like this, well not really. Better games yes but different.

geronimo666 likes this.
  14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Farcry 1 period! The rest were terrible and 2 is the absolute worst! I wish Crytech would do a true sequel..

15. newls1

newls1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP (2017)
    if i completely format the ssd i have dedicated for fc5 and reinstall the game again, will my saved game status (saved points) still be there??? I have a corrupt install after reinstalling windows with this game, for whatever reason now the game is a jerky stuttery mess, and just think completely fresh install will help remedy this issue. The game is launched thru UPLAY and think my saved game points are possibley saved to the "Cloud" not 100% sure.... hoping you ll know more then me!!

Thanks

16. Shataan

Shataan Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 FTW3Ultra
    FC 1 for me man. The original rocked. It went down hill from there .

17. WillG

WillG Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Classified
    Far Cry Primal was best for me. More immersive with having to hunt to survive, less overpowered main character compared to other entries in series. The limited speech and historic aspects added to the atmosphere.

They made it so you were immersed into the caveman world - was much better than the typical blast everything in sight with machine guns that most other games are. . .

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    If cloud saving is enabled in UPlay settings then your saves should remain intact.

You should also see "synchronizing with cloud" text when game is starting.

I've un- and reinstalled The Division a few times and my progress / character remained in the cloud save.

19. newls1

newls1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP (2017)
    yep, all went well.. game save points are all intact still. CANT BE ANY HAPPIER!

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse

Hmm, immediate sequel or some side game perhaps like Primal or Blood Dragon?

EDIT: Wait that's going to be a spoiler for the main game with that video thumbnail and the content so well, tagged.