Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
  2. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7850 OC
    @stereoman Actually FF XV loading screen was a bug on steamworks implementation and not gameworks, I think it is fixed now.

As for Denuvo not impacting performance.
    Well, denuvo do impact performance, but not to the extent people do believe, people expect major improvements in performance in both AC Origins, like if the game runs like crap because of that :D
    There was a guy that tested DOOM before and after DOOM's Denuvo removel.

He saw a 6-7% improvement in the framerate on areas where he probably was CPU Bound.
    Problem is, the tests that he conducted compare the version when vulkan was included and the version after denuvo removal, ignoring that the GTX 1060 recieved multiple Vulkan updates that improved it's performance as well as the game.

Here the links anyway: http://www.game-debate.com/news/226...d-doom-benchmarks-with-and-without-denuvo-drm

So I don't expect denuvo to impact that much the performance.
    Cheers

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    big ROBOT bill likes this.
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I have the steam version and my save game loads in under 10 seconds. Loading screens while fast travelling are 1-3 seconds at most. 1 minute is the time it took for the PS4 version to load :D

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    SO... about that FarCry 5...

Just finished off Faith. So, the final area is open to me. But, I've still got stuff to do in Faith's region. So, priorities...

insp1re2600 likes this.
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I'll probably get to a point where I'll begin to get slightly tired of the game and will only want to finish it. I've fine combed John's region but it took a lot of time for obvious reasons. Regarding Faith's region it didn't take long before the rep meter was full and I have only discovered half of that map. I'd like to finish the game before GoW is released :)

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I found Jacob's region went by the quickest. His looked really cool, with all the cliffs and valleys... but, the resistance meter filled up really fast.
    I've been in Faith's area a while, and just now took her out.

But, I've still got Cult outposts to take down, a few side missions, Prepper stashes and other things to do before I go after Joseph.

8. arel77

arel77 Active Member

GPU:
    Msi gtx 1080ti FE
    this works !!! thanks man
    in far cry 4 i uses to have to unpack the game files with dunia unpack app manual find the .cfg for the pre sets for low ,med,high,ultra and delete the line ( dof and fxaa ) repack the game files so i still got post fx bloom

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Finished this the other day. Really loved it, the ending threw me off.
    But, this is my favorite in the series.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Ok, the game's scripting does indeed have some bugsā€¦

in Faith's region people kept telling me it was good I put that doctor out of business or something.
    Wondered what doctor, and only now got the mission involving the doc started.

Sure there have been the occassional NPC glitches like a bear spawning on a hill so that it rolls down it.
    More funny though than anything else :p

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, I had a few bugs like that.
    Right when I entered Faith's region... I had someone say something to me about "So glad Faith's gone"...

I was like, "Uhhh, did someone else kill her? Am I done here already?"

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Also dialogues between your companions are bugged, they interrupt abruptly and they start over, sometimes also 5 times consecutively. That got pretty fast on my nerves and from that moment on I decided to travel with two animals or with an animal and a person. :D

Also, once by using the parachutes I landed under the game map:
    https://abload.de/img/farcry5steam2018-4-17pcs0l.png

13. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Poseidon1080TI
    i have this bug several times when i use parachutes!

14. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    This might be the end of playing Far Cry games for me (I might check out the DLC if they are vastly different though and reviews are good).
    I'm maybe done 70-80% of the game by now and quite quickly I realized it has nothing new to offer. It's still just a skin with some changes to it.
    And we have the blandest most boring adversary now which is such a shame because taking Waco or Jonestown to an extreme has a rather interesting basis for it. But there certainly is no Pagan Min.

To my surprise it's even so that the writing for Hurk is not funny at all.

At one point my companion came and gave me aid after I had fallen down, but I couldn't move at all so of course I was killed. I've encountered more bugs than any previous games.

Removing the mini-map was however the right idea.

Still no way to decide the volume of the music.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  15. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1080ti [125/275]
    Has anybody come across a fix to stop the game crashing whilst using sli in co-op (for the sli user)?

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Game has good atmosphere but as my fears were correct, the ai leave a lot to be desired, dumb and blind very easy to kill....its a big issues as ai should be a lot more awake

slick3 likes this.
  17. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Yup, that's a big downside for me - the AI.

I always play FPS on the highest difficulty, but even the highest in this one is a joke. I know that mission I did yesterday when trying to free Peach - I lead Peach back home and I am ambushed.

I stood there in the middle against 10-15 enemies, left hand off my keyboard - in plain open with no cover, and all I had to do was point my aim at their heads... and 1 tap. All the time in the world to aim, because they never shoot for the first 10s for some reason - and click. Rinse and repeat.

I sometimes play pretend against the AIs - you know like when you were kids and were in gun fights with plastic gun toys. You took cover and pretended your life was on the line... just to make it more fun? That's me in FC5.

Don't even try this in Wolfenstein on highest difficulty - you stand in the open against 10-15 enemies, you'd be gone before you even see them. That's why I enjoyed Wolfenstein 2 so much - just for the challenge it gave me. I died so many times, I loved it.

In FC5 - you don't need to take cover, you don't need to have good aim, you don't need to find good positioning before engaging the enemy, you don't need to think about which weapons best suit the circumstance, you don't need to hold angles- you just run in the middle and pop their heads off.

And to top it all off, by default you get wallhacks, there's a big indicator over your allies, they are visible through objects, the driving gives you big arrows on the road just so you don't get lost, weapons/med-kits glow like it's Christmas.

We don't play the game, the game plays us.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    A big downsid asell as someon posted bfor is the drw distnce, gme looks so bad in far distnce

19. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    The outposts are now ridiculously easy, on hard I did not die once clearing them out which is not something I say about the previous games. And if you have the right chopper you can simply bomb it from air.

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    game is easy yes even on hard, and i don t like the graphics at all when u fly... the draw distance is atrocious