Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    A little hard to say as the sli scaling is pretty poor in this title as as well documented. The gpu usage is pretty crap but none of my cores which I have displayed in afterburner are anywhere near 100%. I think a driver will sort this out eventually. Lots of you tubers running benchmarks with a 8700k at 5 gig and still sli scaling is around 80%.

Edit:
    Yes, I get almost exactly the same scaling with my 1080ti's as duderandom on youtube. He runs benchmarks with sli and his 8700k and my lowly 3770k seems to be not what holding the scaling back.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
  3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090
    As if they took the time to patch out the vector lol

4. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Its an objective comparison of one thing to another similar thing. Its not a difficault concept to grap. Then again, if youre only capable of responding using youtube video insults instead of actually forming your own argument along with actually disproving the facts someone else has presented, its best you stay out of the conversation instead of insulting those who wish to partake.

But since you chose to chime in, let me Fisher-Price it for you: If Bangtail was charged the same price as another customer for the same meal/menu item, but Bangtail received less of and even some of the meals contents were completely excluded from Bangtails serving, would Bangtail put down his disappointment to a simple dislike of the taste of the food, or the mere fact that the serving to price ratio was unfair and completely random? Could i trick Bangtail into thinking all was equal by placing Bangtails serving on smaller plate than another customers?

To continue with that analogy, what if everytime you went to McDs and ordered the same standard burger combo and every consecutive purchase the price went up while you received less and less food? Would McDs placing that shrinking meal size in increasingly prettier packaging offset that loss in value for you? Are you that easily distracted and taken advantage of?

We can like/dislike a story or its characters, art direction, politics, simantics etc and argue about it till the cows come home, but we´re not discussing those things. The issues i raised and crowbcats video even provides indisputable evidence of, is an increase in cost of hardware in both power and price with a decrease and loss in content, functionality, features and immersion hidden behind prettier packaging.

If we‘re to reduce it to a simple like/dislike... Do i dislike paying more for a video game that costs more than its 10 ( TEN ) year predecessor, that the hardware to run it on cost more thats its predecessor, yet i get less functionality, interactivty, immersion and to top it off, its assumed that im to stupid enough to notice this just because it comes in a prettier package (4k, hdr) ....?

Then yes, I "dislike" todays AAA games.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Sorry, but that youtube clip he posted is horribly accurate to how the majority of people react online when their opinion is threatened.
    A lot of users on forums and various communities can not "handle" their opinion being questioned, or someone having a different one. That's the joke of the video. It's only insulting if you personally took it that way, which... nobody should. People should be able to see the humor in the video and simply take it for what it is.

A short, joke based commentary on how the more immature and childish dregs of the internet flip out about differing tastes.

But, in short... that video is cherry picked.
    It was designed to specifically show the few things FC2 did well, while ignoring everything else the game did poorly or horribly. You can easily make a video showing newer FC titles doing things FC2 didn't do, yet people only seem to think holding up a map... or shooting through boards of wood somehow makes a game more technical.

But, then again, FarCry is one of those series that people want to hate on just because. Every new release... there's another stream of videos and rants about what the series doesn't do anymore. How the older games were better, blah, blah, blah.
    When FC6 or whatever is next comes out, there will be a wave of people comparing it to 3 or Primal or even 5... and trying to cut it down simply because.

BangTail and AsiJu like this.
  6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Just saying I find FC 5 a lot more immersive than FC 2.

To me (personally) having to deal with jamming guns, taking pills etc. don't make a game immersive.
    They make the game tedious.

Being able to destroy stuff or shoot through wood do nothing to help it.
    Cool things but worth nothing if the core gameplay isn't enjoyable.

Again, my opinion. Opinion, not fact.

Wise man once said you cannot argue matters of opinion.

BangTail, Shataan and big ROBOT bill like this.
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ancient Chinese Proverb says ignore wise man.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Im getting about 70% sli scaling (which is not the same as gpu usage!), which is very decent. And that's at an average of 70 fps with 1080 sli. If you weren't bottlenecked by something in your system, you ought to get roughly 30% more fps than me with your 1080 ti sli, meaning 90 to 95 fps.

Then again, im running a cpu with 40 pcie 3.0 lanes, where as you guys aren't, which does make a difference for sli.

And fyi, when a hyperthreaded core is effectively maxed out, it won't be running at 100% - it will usually be at around 80 %. Turn off hyperthreading (which will actually improve your performance for this title) and you will see 1 or 2 of your cores at 100 % load.

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I get poor scaling at 1080p but it gets better as I increase the resolution, can't use Crossfire in coop right now anyway due to CTD which they've not fixed yet :(

10. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    SLI scaling is about 80% for me @ 4k/60Hz/Max details.

This is an incredibly well optimized title as far as launch titles go, very impressive.

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Yep it is very optimised, unfortunately many of the missions are extremely buggy and there's lots of weird issues with things vanishing from in front of you, ie you see a prison truck in the distance, go towards it and suddenly it's not there any more!

BangTail likes this.
  12. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I've run across a few bugs and I'm not a huge fan of the gunplay (as I've said before).

There is a tendency in some games to have a load of underpowered guns and then you get the .50 that just one shots everything which is kind of lame as you tend to favor it because of it's damage compared to the other guns.

Oh, and then there is the bullet travel time which is utterly ridiculous, the bullets travel at about the same speed as arrows. This is a problem in Ghost Recon Wildlands as well although it is not quite so bad in that game.

I've noticed that if you capture a base, the vehicle you arrived in will disappear which is especially annoying if you happen to have arrived in a helo (and there is no helo spawn at said base). There have also been occasions when a vehicle I was chasing just disappears from the road as well, very frustrating.

I think the garbage collection is just too aggressive in general which probably helps to keep the game running smoothly (especially on lower spec rigs) but it might be an idea for them to add a setting that controls how aggressive it is because I find it annoying.

I'm sure most of this will get cleared up after a few patches though.

I'm going to play it through again with a friend once the SLI CTD has been sorted ;)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  13. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    People seem to ignore how terrible FC2 was as a game, even though it had a lot of cool details.
    I really like the minimal HUD approach though, I wish the later games were designed more like that.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah.

I bought FC2 at release, but I made the mistake of also buying Dead Space the same day.
    It's funny, FC2 was a better PC release... but DS was the superior game in every single way.

But, I fired up FC2, really excited for it. And... I think I made it maybe four hours. And at that point I was forcing myself to play, my excitement for the game had all but died and I found I was just bored. The mission structure and empty world dragged the game down to a crawl. I still have the box sitting on my shelf. I had tried getting into it again after that... but... just couldn't get into it.
    And, a few years back, I grabbed FC2 on Steam during a sale. Thinking... maybe, if it was easier to load up and play... I might be inclined to try it again. But, when I started it, that long, poorly acted and written opening killed my interest to do so. I kept the game installed for a while, but never went back to it.

15. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Just realized I am actually running higher than 4k as I have a monitor res of 2560 x 1080 but run at max DSR, so 5120 x 2160, duh. So I ran the game again at true 4k and I do actually get around 90fps average. The fact you are running those pcie lanes most definitely helps your sli scaling I would imagine. What gpu usage are you getting?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Ah, that makes sense :p

My gpu usage is about 95 %, but the fps increase over single gpu is about 70% :)

17. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080ti
    "I am actually running higher than 4k as I have a monitor res of 2560 x 1080 but run at max DSR, so 5120 x 2160"

This is how I run FC 5 as well. No issues.

18. Killian38

Killian38 Master Guru

GPU:
    Fa
    Faith's is the best hands down!

19. Killian38

Killian38 Master Guru

GPU:
    I'll take it!

I just played the game and let it take me were it wanted to. Screw walkthroughs.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The plane can take a little getting used to. But now that I've done it a few times... it's pretty easy to jump in and do what I need to do.

big ROBOT bill likes this.