Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Posters? I know you can interact with the machines,not seen any posters?

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    If you use ds4windows you can get it to work by making sure exclusive mode is on and hiding the ds4 but dpad still doesn't work for some reason

3. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
    I can interact with them?

Starting arcade mode.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    LOL i stopped 2 of those vans with hostages in it, coming from both directions at once. 1st hostage thanks me and i as i go and open the 2nd van the same person comes out and says "thanks for rescueing me" and i just said "i know right, i just safed your brother as well" xD

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    The game has native DS4 support so DS4windows and Inputmapper aren't needed.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Getting some good vertigo climbing a radio tower

7. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 12gb
    I like the game, the gameworld is beautiful and I like the no minimap hud and buddy system, but I have to force myself to stay away from the roads as the spawn rates are just ridiculous.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I have yet to really use the buddy system.
    I've got a few of them unlocked, but, I still prefer going it alone.

I had Boomer for a while, but, felt it made it too easy with enemies being tagged once he got close enough.
    Nick's bombing runs with his plane take too long to really be useful in large fights. And, in the end, I just like doing things on my own. Too often the guns for hire give away your position and ruin a solid stealth run... so... better to just be lonely. ;)

But, I am loving the game.
    It's quickly becoming one of my favorites in the series. Which... if I had to rate the series...

FC: Primal
    FC3
    FC
    FC: Blood Dragon
    FC4
    FC2

As it stands, I'd put 5 in between 3 and Primal. But, it's getting close to pushing Primal out of the top spot.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  9. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    If only the AI were slightly better - I'd be all over this game. I want to die repeatedly like I did in Wolfenstein 2 on hardest difficulty, I want to think before engaging a group instead of just running in gun blazing.

But nonetheless I'm having a lot of fun with FC5 as it is.

10. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah, he takes too long to make his runs, and he often misses, too. I did find him useful to take out silos. i.e., I'd see a silo in the distance and just tell Nick to take it out instead of me wasting my time getting close to it.
    I've not had that problem at all. Seems like if I stay crouch and hidden, then my companions don't get spotted either, even if they're not so hidden. But if I stand up, then their visibility instantly rises, too.

11. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Minor bug: I've run into a several instance where I see ammo sitting on a table or whatnot, but I can't pick it up. Last time it occurred, I was just out in the middle of nowhere and all out of RPG ammo, and came across some. It was flashing for me (i.e., I know it wasn't just 'decoration'), but I couldn't get the 'E' prompt.

Really getting annoyed how the NPCs go all bonkers when something as similar as a hawk shows up. They're go into rull red-alert mode and I start thinking peggies just rolled in, but then I realize it's just some stupid hawk or perhaps an oblivious wolf up on nearly hilltop.

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 2060
    U mean for flying planes and such?

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Okay... kind of... really got irritated just now.

Doing a mission, steal two cult tanker trucks and take them back to town.
    I get one, heading back to town.... but, take some enemy gunfire, so I stop and repair it so it doesn't explode on me.

While I'm repairing it... a member of MY resistance... jumps in and drives off with it.

Just.... dammit.

AsiJu likes this.
  14. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Reading and watching comments about the gameplay is interesting. Alot of complaints and feature requests have gamers basically asking for Far Cry 2.

Full circle we've come. FarCry 2 was always the best in the nu-gen series.

Complaints of fc5/things fc2 did right:
    -realistic in game map
    -no animal attacks
    -no stupid crafting
    -no forced free roaming to story mission transitions (Eg: Casually looting after a story focused hostage rescue mission, boom! cinematics time and now your in a different part of the map signed up for a mission you never intended to do or do yet)
    -no stealth run ruinig buddy system (fc2 even gave you a choice of using a buddy or not for ALL missions). A successfull Stealth run also never feels earned in Fc5 (Like most aaa games), it just seems like this or that time the steath portion of the game code just happend to execute as intended.

And best of all, Fc2 just left you the hell alone to play. Fc2 is the closest the AAA industry has come to matching the atmosphere and sense of lonelyness/Wilderness of the STALKER series. oh, and weres the destructibility of Fc2. Dunia was built for it.

Less is more, Ubi. That and you cant write a script for crap, but, but by god, if patch 2.0 was simply turninh the entire map/game into DayZ/Pubg, youd own the industry.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Actually I was impressed with NPC mates not messing up stealth. The tutorial part said they 'attempt to remain hidden' if player is undetected.

Though I often command them to stay in one place, especially Boomer when doing stealth.
    Successfully cleared 2 outposts undetected with NPC mate.

The others I didn't attempt stealth in so far.

Btw you can choose not to use buddies in FC 5. Just unassign them from your roster.
    Plus like said you can command them to hold position.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Disagree, Far Cry is Far Cry, we don't need another PUBG and much less another DayZ clone.
    Personally sick of the entire BR genre but that's my take.

Just tweak random encounters and that's pretty much it imo. HD texture pack later as free DLC and then FC 5 is pretty much 5/5.

BangTail likes this.
  17. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, same, no interest in BR and don't need non BR franchises 'converted' to BR ta very much.

More power to those that enjoy them but to me they are little more than badly optimized hacker festivals that are wildly overrated.

AsiJu likes this.
  18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    This game is a ton of fun. I hadn’t played much of it due to Ni no Kuni II and Final Fantasy XV but managed about 5 hours yeseterday.

It’s a bombastic game, literally, where the random encounters and missions, even side-quests, pretty much all lead to exciting, often explosive set-pieces. Vehicles and helicopters are easy to find (and control) and make traversal quick and fun (I especially love the quad bikes). Missions and side-quests so far have come fast and thick, I have a companion dog and I am really having a blast playing it. Love the bow and arrow too; at times while in the forests away from civilisation it can feel like Far Cry Primal.

Performance has mostly been great too. Only a few sub-60 FPS drops at maxed out 2560x1440 settings plus absolutely no stuttering or hitches at all (which might be due to Windows 10 v1803 as I’ve noticed a few games running better since upgrading to the RTM build 17133.1 last week). There have been the odd low-res or slow-loading texture plus random graphical wonkiness (such as bushes disappearing and reappearing while turning the camera) and hilarious physics bug but the game has otherwise been stable. The latter just adds to the entertainment anyway.

Not been paying any attention to the story either; it’s superficial at best and merely serves to provide a reason for the missions. All you need to do is pick a mission, set a waypoint on the map (if it isn’t already selected), pick a vehicle of your choice and head there. I can guarantee you will more than likely not get there as the game has way, way too much distractions en route!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    AsiJu and big ROBOT bill like this.
  19. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Anyone had issues with FOV resetting to default? Seems to happen sometimes when I get downed and revived. Have to restart the game to get my preferred FOV back, changing it to other values does nothing.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  20. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Completely disagree. Everything about this game besides the quality environment is just plain bad.

Constant harssment both audibly and from enemies/wildlife and the longer you play the worse it gets. Just trying explore results in unfair deaths when you get jumped by a flame thrower guy and while dealing with that, a heli or two shows up and starts strafing while a sniper keeps getting bullshots through solid objects, helis can dodge rockets on a dime, more enemies pull up due to all the anarky, then while in the red and applying first aid get taken out by wildlife.

It gets to the point that you need to travel on the farthest edges of the map to reach somewhre youve never been just to make it there alive least dying and ending up having try get there all over again (Hello there, GTA mission design) and to a point where theres no longer any down time (say goodbye to fishing).

Its just plain bad game design. There was clearly no control or restraint when designing these systems, it amounts to procedurally generated combat that takes no notice and makes no effort to scale to the players current status (eg: ammo, weapons and types, with a buddy or co -oping) its just dialed to a constant 11.

Ubisoft just dont get SP open world or even Ai systems, they just spend their time making pretty worlds and leave no thought for gameplay. Maybe if they spent less time virtue signaling ( "Marksmanship. Markswomanship? Markspersonship?." ), they could focus on gameplay.

As it stands, this is just another waste of a gfx engine for a generic, poorly designed open world game.

Why does a seaplane cost less than some items of clothing and weapons?
    Why if the player buys a decal covered version of a gun is the default version still listed as not purchased?
    Why do badgers take more shots than an armored Lmg npc?
    Why is the player rushed to get to a hostage rescue point to save allies to add to the resistance, only for the rescued to end up dead 9/10x by wildlife right after completing said mission? Its like the devs are mocking the player.

Shataan likes this.