1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    FarCry was fully developed by Crytek and "only" published by Ubisoft.

FarCry 2 was developed by Ubisoft and published by Ubisoft.

FarCry 2 is in no way related to the original, and neither has any other of the other apparent sequels bearing it's name, while some of them are fun, they have nothing to do with the original, that being the point, the FarCry games after the original have nothing to do with FarCry, hence my original comment stating I am still waiting for an actual sequel to FarCry.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah. That's what I said.
    Ubisoft published it. They supplied funding for Crytek to develop the game and then published it. Providing funding is Ubisoft giving support. I never said they developed any part of the original FarCry.

And Ubisoft have owned the FarCry IP since the first game.

And, I've agreed. Look further up, after your original comment. I would love a sequel to the original FarCry.
    But, most people hold up FC2 as some golden game in the series. Which is why I commented that the one people praise is the one they drifted away from what FC originally was.

But, again, not liking something does not make it "Not" a FarCry game.
    Resident Evil 6 is still Resident Evil. CoJ: The Cartel is still a Call of Juarez game. I love the first FarCry, in all it's stupid campy writing and dumb dialog.
    But, I still like FC3 and Primal.

3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080FTW
    Toatally agree...if you change the games format....its not a Farcry game...just another game buy ubi

4. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 SLI
    Finishing up a replay of Far Cry 4 now - third time through. I have high hopes for 5. These are pretty much the only open world games I enjoy, though I haven't played Horizon yet.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    This...this would really be something!

6. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I participated in a Ubisoft focus group last fall and expressed all of my observations to the company along with a broad cross-section of other players from all over the world. I'm hoping FC5 will pleasantly surprise all of us.

**********Spoiler Alert**********

The two map experience in Far Cry 2 is such that it almost splits the game into two games in the form of a reset of sorts. The last mission in the first half has you going to one of two locations to help fight off the factions' militia attacking your buddies or the citizens in town, either of which fails. You are loaded onto a truck supposedly dead but fall off the back during transport. You end up in a safe house saved by the Jackal and are given an assignment by one of the faction lieutenants who shows up unexpectedly to assassinate the remaining opposition warlord in the north which unlocks the map to the south. During this mission you have the opportunity to rearm yourself with your preferred kit and the story continues from there.

You cannot enter the southern map until you complete the assassination. The game treats the attempt as going out of bounds of the map edge.

Far Cry 2 is unlike any of the other iterations. It has a genuine quality of immersion to it that is missing in every other release. It also has issues that many players cannot see past and are turned off by. If Ubisoft could see its way through to recapturing that immersion quality and producing a new release that intelligently addresses the issues in FC2 it would be a truly amazing experience. I disagree with promoting eye candy as realism and hand-holding arcade style game play to appeal to the broadest consumer base. I understand it of course but I also think they have the resources to make the game play style (arcade vs. realistic) optional.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    video on gamespot for this game reveals it is gonna be set in montana, graphics look great in the trailer, i hope its on the same level as farcry primal and better

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
  9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB 144hz
    I would much rather pay for a remake of the first game than FarCry 3.5.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    If it's this teaser...

It's live action. They haven't shown the game yet.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    some scene from.the trailer looked like ingame footage, the river scene

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Omg, *facepalm* People dont see the differencfe between real and not anymore!? Seeing more coments on the internet saying "great graphics" lol..

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    Looks like they mixed cgi with live action in some of the shots.

The river water looks too thick somehow like oil, but is probably real. The flora looks fake.
    Grass field looks fake, person running real.
    Church and people look fake, landscape real.
    Mountains and birds look fake.

14. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I wish graphics would somehow plateau once and for all so developers can get back to designing games that have intelligent and clever design structures making immersion the driving force behind a game's success. Games that look realistic are not realistic games. It's that simple.

15. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    No they did not, Its all live action.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    OK, game setting is mountainous, forests, prairies. Doesnt sound that much different from FC4 (other than no exotic wildlife, expected local NPCs) and prairies. Not so sure whats appealing about prairies. Would rather it be in Australia or South America

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Maybe there are Mutants on the Prairies?

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Everything is real BUT the birds, they were added in.

Yes, *facepalm* indeed to people who cannot see that the water is real and the mountains. People need to get out more and see these things in reality.

19. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Master Guru

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    if only they remove every HUD element, and go back to something basic, focus on how to give direction with discretion, will this succeed in the eyes of the discerning gamers, or its more fodder same sheep

the realism i believe in doesn't have wall piercing doritos, or even selection/highlights

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    They should get a better camera then. Looks like ****.