Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Sli scaling is roughly 70%, when cpu bottleneck is taken out of the equation.

Single 1080, 4k @ 130% res

[​IMG]

Sli 1080, 4k @ 130% res

[​IMG]

2. specialkone

specialkone Member

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080TIOC
    I ran the Far Cry 5 benchmark with the 391.35 driver at 1080P Ultra. Although my min/max FPS went up a couple of FPS, I still get an average of 115 FPS as I did with 391.24. Still - no complaints.

I ran the benchmark at the 1.6 GFE recommended resolution scale. Average FPS was 79. Seems to be running smooth.

3. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    I dont seem to be seeing an improvement outside of 4k or any other ridiculous resolution.

1440p ultra with no fps caps both cards hover around 70% usage and about 100fps. But during gameplay the fps will drop and so does usage.

changing between ultra and high raises fps slightly but usage stays the same. Looking for high gpu usage for maximum possible fps rather than a really high resolution.

At 1440p btw

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Cpu bottleneck.

If all you care about is fps, then use single gpu, set it to high settings 1440p with render res on 0.8.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Cpu isnt bottlenecking, None of it is maxing out. And the sli gives slightly more fps than a single card.

Running with a lower res scale is just a backward option.

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Even If i ramp it up to 2.0 res scale the game drops to 60fps but gpu usage still doesnt go over 85%.

needs some tweaking, Even with single card theres parts of the game where usage drops and so does fps, No cpu bottleneck but single Gpu usage lowers.

7. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultr
    SLI has always performed better the higher the resolution

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Sigh... are you new to sli ? When increasing the resolution improves the sli scaling, it means that the cpu and / or ram is bottlenecking the performance. The entire cpu wont be at 100% load - it will be a single core running the primary render thread, that bottlenecks at 80-90% load, usually core 1.

BangTail likes this.
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Sli scaling isnt about gpu load % - its the performance increase it provides over single gpu.

If you get 50 fps with single gpu, but 100 fps with sli, then the sli scaling is 100%, regardless of what the gpu load % is.

BangTail likes this.
  10. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

No, And True.

Im mainly trying to raise the gpu usage for 1440p max fps. As already said I can raise the rres scale and the game is still playable, Not possible with the single card, But Im hoping for a tweaked profile to get more usage and a higher avg fps at 1440p Ultra.

11. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultr
    Get a faster CPU / up your memory bandwidth

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    An improved profile usually only improves how much sli scale and / or fix bugs caused by sli - it doesn't remove the cpu overhead caused by sli, which also runs on core 1 along with the primary render thread, making a double whammy.
    It basically means that without sli, your cpu would be able to handle somewhere around 140 fps, where as with sli, that number is reduced to roughly 100 due to the cpu overhead sli causes.

13. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I'm really liking the game so far, the AI isn't great so I'm limiting myself to use the pistol as much as I can :D

My only complaint so far is except for the physically-based shading, the graphic fidelity sometimes breaks the immersion. Every now and then I come across a lot of low poly objects/characters, textures and I'm not a fan of the shadows in-game, they make me feel like I'm playing a console game.
    Not a great example but:
    [​IMG]

The performance is good but honestly there's nothing special going on, Ultra settings is too close to consoles imo:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  14. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Think I will skip this game if they upgrade the graphics with true Ultra and not console Ultra I will purchase. I will play FC4 again

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Played the actual game for about 2hrs yesterday and here are my first impressions.

Stuttering : There absolutely is some even at high framerates (94fps for me) which I cannot explain. Someone wrote that RTSS is causing this and I installed the new driver on top of the old one but will try a clean install this time and see how it is. The benchmark didn't stutter at all with the older drivers. This stuttering isn't so bad but it's strange since the cinematics don't stutter one bit.

Performance : It's really good, the GPU load isn't maxed out the whole time and everything runs pretty smoothly

Graphics : Wow, I must say that they stepped up their game with this iteration. Pop-ins that Darren spoke of earlier are non-existent to me which is so nice! Sure, the texture quality varies, for example there can be a book tossed on the ground which has crisp textures but a rock just outside the house feels a bit low res. Another minus is the shadow quality, it's not that great and also some bloom is exaggerated. All and all the graphics look great!

Gameplay : Standard FC quality, meaning good. No loot animations!

Bugs : One of my followers got stuck but that's all. Also funny when they run around in the open but NPCs don't see them :) Otherwise nothing major.

Verdict : Feels like a solid game so far and the "free roam" approach is interesting. I personally prefer to be told where to go but I guess this works too. Exploring is heavily rewarded it seems.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    This game is good but other than the graphical overall, the gameplay so far is much the same as before. My heart even stopped for a brief second when I was told to visit a radio tower! Still fun but the world lacks persistency... you can clear out enemies but they seem to always return and it's almost impossible to go more than 100m without encountering an enemy. Also, you can blow up barrels and stuff in spectacular fashion but many buildings, objects and structures remain intact. I wish the developers could somehow combine the destruction of something like Red Faction Guerrilla with Far Cry and keep things destroyed to make for a more entertaining ride.

Also, I am noticing some awful low-res textures here and there such as on the radios and even some signs. I'm not sure if this is a texture streaming bug and/or related to the game being installed on a 7,200rpm SATA3 hard drive as opposed to my SSD but standing there they never appear to load in so I suspect the former. Seeing as the game barely uses any of my GTX 1080 Ti's VRAM then it seems odd that there is no hi-res texture pack or way to force the game to store more textures in memory. Maybe it's a limitation of the Dunia 2 engine, which must be getting on a bit now (wasn't it first used in Far Cry 2?).

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It is more likely that you haven't noticed it as it mostly very subtle but once you see then it's hard not to notice it (so don't looking for it!). There's visible warping on the ground as the tessellation (I presume this is what it is) kicks in about 10 feet in front of you, along with small rocks, grass and ambient shadows popping in as you move forward. It's done in a way that is meant to not be distracting and it mostly works but I'm disappointed that it is still there on the highest settings. It's in no way a game breaker but I just wish that the draw distance for when this happens was just that bit further out. For me it is set too close.

The game otherwise runs well, aside from the initial performance hiccup I reported, but I suspect that is because of this aggressive LOD/culling system that they're using. Oddly, Digital Foundry's tech video on the PS4/PS4 Pro version made no mention of this even though it can be seen in the actual video! I guess it's just one those things that you either notice or you don't (like screen tearing)? You are certainly not going to spot it in the thick of the action though.

18. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, there are way too many recurring enemies, way too many.

I was standing in a field this morning while on the phone IRL and there was basically an endless stream of pickups crashing into the field, every time I killed one group, another one appeared in close pursuit.

I'm also not a big fan of the gunplay, something feels very off about it and the damage is inconsistent. Sometimes enemies go down fast but other times it takes many bullets; it's almost as if some of the hits are not registering.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  19. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    *Disclaimer (sad that i even need one): Everything i state below inregards to world events can be backed up by the simple act of searching and reading.

Anyhow...
    Far Cry 5 is a game made by a canadian dev portraying American/western veterans as people who go to war in the ME only to return religiously radicalized.

What a load of bollocks.

Whats really happening and the news even use to report such, is that middle easterners are being radicalized on western soil in mosques or over the internet, traveling to the ME or entering the west as "refugees" to drive trucks into pedestrians, shoot up theaters and news outlets and kill cops that trade themselves in for citizen hostages.

Ubisoft. Was it a christian or follower of islam that killed a candian soldier on canadian soil a few of years ago?

Far Cry 5 is a game about the radicalization of the followers of "the father", a loose way of saying the father of jesus christ (Islam does not view god as the "father"). Far Cry 5 is the typical leftist/Liberal/democrat (aka, soft shell social terrorists) tactic of reality and fact denial and placing of blame the worlds issues at the feat of anyone or thing that does not or refuses to reaffirm their views.

Far Cry 5 is a game about the not existant radiicalized christian. If christians are so radicalized, then why ridicule them? Surely Ubi would be to afraid theyd end up like their french counter-parts did, you know, Charlie Hebdo‘d (Charlie Hebdo being a satrical magazine, so think twice before telling me that IM the sensitive snowflake when it was followers of islam that killed people over a cartoon.) all over the office walls and footpath.

While FC5 does not out right side with left or right views, it does blatantly choose a side religiously. It chooses to use the songs, themes and its use of the word "Father" as the religious foundation for its villians all of which clearly states that Ubisoft wants people to think that western christians are the greatest threat in todays world.

Mark my words, Ubisoft will never make a game that even slightly references and portrays islam in the same light that it has done with Christianity in FC5.

A shame really, as the combined package of gameplay, visuals and performance is their most balanced work yet. What a waste.

After Ubis history revisionism in AC: Origins and no doubt continuation of re-writing of history in the Greek themed AC follow up (brace yourself for BBC network levels of african spartans), to buy a Ubisoft game is to support history revisionism and mis-information.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  20. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    You are having CPU bottleneck and stuttering is appearing because of that.
    If you cap the framerate to a value lower than you usually get, the stuttering will go away.
    Cheers