Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    O men, HDR in this game is so nice, much better HDR effects vs Battlefield or Masseffect, also better than FFXV and AC Origins.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I also noticed that this is the first Far Cry game, as far as I know, to give you a physical in-game body as you can see your legs! It's a minor touch but it's one that can break the sense of immersion in a first-person game for me if I look down and see myself as a floating viewpoint that casts no shadow, etc.

lucidus likes this.
  3. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    This may have been missed due to the length of my post but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this? It was so utterly bizarre that I wish I'd recorded it.

I'm using the v391.24 driver on Windows 10 Pro v17128.1.

4. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    anyone get ReShade to work?...game doesn't seem to load for me with ReShade installed...error message pops up 'untrusted system file'...does the game not support injectors?...I wanted to add some sharpening to TAA

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Haven't gotten around to playing myself yet but from what I've read there seem to be some bugs like that one left, NPCs disappearing/behaving weird or quest events failing to trigger etc.
    Likely ironed out with a soonish patch.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    As much as I'll slam them when they are not up to snuff, lately they are definitely born again hard.

They turned The Division around, Origins is the best AC game of the series, R6 is a solid tactical shooter and now this.

anxious_f0x and AsiJu like this.
  7. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7850 OC
    The low CPU-Usage is related with the low Level of Details.

People always feel the urge to complain for something.
    In AC Origins, the engine is very multithreaded and Ubisoft pushed LOD to insane levels resulting in those well known complains of CPU Usage 100% Galore..

Since far cry 5 has an old engine and still rely more on Single core performance than multi-threaded, they can't push LOD to the same level as AC Origins or it would result at least in one core getting to 100% quite easily bottlenecking the rest of them.
    Also, giving those extra LOD values on AC Origins only bringed problems to Ubisoft with all the fingers pointed to them and Denuvo.

There is no reason to be pushing graphics if people will only complain about.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Far Cry 5 seems to using all the cores on my CPU equally unlike Far Cry Primal which stressed only one of the cores. I think they have made improvements to the multi-CPU support in the Dunia 2 engine and that likely leads to better performance and why people are saying the game is better optimised than previous games.

That said, the ground warping and object pop in is rather jarring once you notice it and I wish that I could increase it slightly. It seems more aggressive and noticeable even than previous games and remind me of the first Crysis which displayed a similar issue. Not a game breaker by any means but that and the poor rock textures do distract from what is otherwise a fantastic looking game in my view. At times, I can see the Far Cry Primal influences in the areas with lots of trees and foliage but the lighting is perhaps the biggest improvement, oh and the switch to physically based rendered (that is correct, yes?).

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    There was one for Primal so I hope there will be one for this iteration as well.

10. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Gorgeous looking game!! 1440p at ultra getting 99 average 84 minimum in benchmark . I'm averaging 80 to 85 in-game give or take. I cannot get my head around how good it looks! Not had alot of time to play yet tonight hopefully

DocStrangelove and Death_LV like this.

11. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7850 OC
    Yes, they switched lightining system.
    As for the LOD, having more options would be fine yes, they could add an extra LOD option like they have on WD2 and R* on GTA V.
    CPUs todays are very capable, so I think it wouldn't be a problem, as long as the gamers would ajust those options realistically it would be fine.
    Probably it is possible to adjust it on the config files of the game.

The problem with most gamers usually is, if they can't max out a game for some reason, then the game it is automatically bad optimized.
    AC Origins for me have one of the best draw distances and LOD system I've ever seen in a game in conjuction with a lot other CPU bound stuff, yet people always complained and raged towards the CPU usage, altough I'm pretty sure optimization could have been better, the thing is, there isn't many games with that complexity and pushing so much an engine.

DAMN..
    I was watching the Santiago Santiago coverage of the game.
    Medium Settings 1050TI and a R3 1200 @ 3.9GHZ.
    CPU Usage 100% while running through the enviroment at 50FPS bottlenecking the card...

For ultra settings the CPU is fine, since the game's framerate is around 30-45FPS.
    After all it is a little bit CPU hungry, but like you said, it is much better multi-threaded and barely stutters which was an issue with FC4 when we were travessing the map, didn't utilized the CPU fully and stuttered.
    Great evolution on CPU Side.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Darren Hodgson likes this.
  12. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Poseidon1080TI
    Awesome game realy like and runs with no problem:)
    [​IMG]

13. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I want to get this game so bad, but my guilty conscience is making it hard... KCD isn't finished ; - ;

DocStrangelove likes this.
  14. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Apparently is well optimised. Any chance of playing this at 1680 with a old 6870?
    I remember that i could play FC4 and Primal at decent frame, at least for me.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    pedropaulo likes this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I haven't finished KCD either, just give in :)

Nice to change games up a bit.

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Do it! KCD will see lots of patches that gives you more stable experience in the future. Wouldnt it be a shame if you always completed it before that happened.
    Also: RDR2 coming up, after October everbody & his dog will be busy in the old west.

18. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    anyone else getting these "security violations" pop up and game locking up and crashing out every now and again with a fatal error?

19. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    I had the strange experience of killing one or two NPCs and suddenly the the camp is liberated although I didn't get all the enemy

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    That was my thinking pretty much, KCD is perfectly playable atm but will rather wait for more/most fixes and patches before progressing further.
    Better to experience the story when kinks are ironed out.

Completely OT but is RDR2 coming to PC by any chance?

Also d/l'ing Far Cry 5 now, finally get to play tomorrow...