Far Cry 5 Sees New Gameplay Footage

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Watch new gameplay footage of Far Cry 5 as our developers take you deeper into the world of Hope County, game features, toys, and of course, Boomer....

Far Cry 5 Sees New Gameplay Footage

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Repetitive gameplay aside, I really like the setting and the potential is there for some beautiful visuals. Of course I will not get it at launch though, but half a year to a year after when all DLC is out. :rolleyes:

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I couldn't make myself finish 3 and 4.. I''ll pass on this.

poornaprakash likes this.
  4. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I hate how these gameplay trailers for AAA games are scripted to the smallest degree. This isnt a movie, just shoot bad guys like you were rambo and explode some stuff! Videogames are a escape from boring reality!

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Kind of deviates from the spirit of Far Cry games. Which always took place in exotic locations. This probably first FC game which I am not excited about.

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I'd take Montana over some failed African state any day. I really hated that about Far Cry 2 (among other things).

7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Even to Americans, remote or rural parts of Montana are exotic. There aren't too many places in the world that resembles such a landscape. To put it in another perspective: previous Far Cry games took place in environments inspired by countries like Indonesia. There are many other countries around Indonesia that are ecologically and geologically similar. Indonesians alone make up the 4th highest population in the world, with over 260 million people. Meanwhile, take all of the US mountain states (Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming) and the Canadian provinces of British Columbia and Alberta, and the population adds up to roughly 28.5 million people.

So, I gave a very low estimate of people who live in southeast islands and a very high estimate of people who live in an area that resembles Montana, and it's nearly a 90% difference in population. Literally speaking, Montana is a more exotic location. It just doesn't feel that way because there are rednecks, no colorful birds, and no fun fruits to eat.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Solfaur likes this.
  8. HoT

HoT Member

GPU:
    1070 G1
    the tractor moving sideways and the white dog pushing the van XD typical ubilol game...

9. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    One thing I hate about the new Far Cry games is these stupid icons above the enemies heads, totally destroys the immersion factor, please no more icons above heads, it's way more fun stalking the enemy trying to figure out where he is and more importantly it's more realistic, I don't need reminding it's a game.

10. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    I like this video better:

But I think it will be fun for a while, then repetitive..

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This looks like Farm Simulator 2k18?

12. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    You can disable that in the menu options... at least you could in FC4 and I think FC3 after a couple of patches. There will most likely be several mods doing that in the worst case scenario.

I have never been to Montana, but I have been to northern Wyoming and it's some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen .

13. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    Here we go again more of the same. Is it me or are game developers becoming more brain dead.

14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    Far Cry is a franchise. You have to know by now what you're getting. Not sure why folks expect them to innovate much on a very successful formula.

This should be a unique environment. Montana is stunningly beautiful. Traveled through there in the 80s.

Solfaur likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I keep expecting a Far Cry game... at this point I guess it's just never going to happen.