1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry 5: Denuvo with VMProtect cracked within 3 weeks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 18, 2018.

1. anthos

anthos Active Member

GPU:
    -
    This article is written like the copy protection has "failed" to protect the game while it couldn't be further from the truth. The point is not to keep the game uncracked forever but for some companies it is a success if it does so even for a couple of days. 3 weeks? They are probably ecstatic.

2. Seikon

Seikon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8g
    Here in romania farcry 5 costs around 290lei , i earn about 2500-2600lei , thats 565euros , but i still buy the game if it's good tbh , i mean i do have 156games on steam , most bought with humble bundle packs or monthly :)

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Or get UPlay keys from reputable sellers on FleeBay or cdkeys or something. :)

Bought 2 keys for €38.98 each for the UPlay EMEA Standard version from FleeBay last week to play with brother-in-law.

4. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Did you do that!

[​IMG]

Bad Dog! no more bacon for a week! .....:D

Venix, Silva and fantaskarsef like this.

5. eue

eue Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti SC+
    "Honestly, guys, if you like and want to play a game, just purchase it from Steam"
    But spreads the news so more people downloads the cracked version

Dude you are not helping by spreading advertising to the hacked version
    How many users after seeng this post will try to find the hacked version?
    And how many didn't even know that it was possible to get it for free??? well now they do know

6. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Dude, I would have to uninstall all web browsers not to find this out!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    lucidus, TheDeeGee, Venix and 2 others like this.
  7. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    A significant amount LESS compared to other giant/corporate tech news websites!

Maybe you should sent them an email with your concerns or go in their forums about it.

And probably Facebook and every other software/application providing tech news. :p

TheDeeGee and airbud7 like this.
  8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Honestly, sometimes I forget how in the beginning you had one access point to the internet (a.k.a. "the browser"), and later on it was something good that each website had their own access point (infamously a.k.a. "the app") you need to install for little to no additional use :D

airbud7 and Koniakki like this.
  9. Silva

Silva Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    Last game I supported with my money was Warframe. Bought a small amount of in game currency to help me wile playing and help the team that makes this amazing game.
    I'll never buy any AAA game again, it's not worth it. They can DRM them to death, I don't care.

lucidus and Venix like this.
  10. Dellers

Dellers Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti Trio
    Couldn't those crackers spend their life on something more meaningful, like getting a tech job? Such a waste learning to do this kind of stuff when all you do is being a criminal.

11. anthos

anthos Active Member

GPU:
    -
    For them all this is, is being able to solve a very complex puzzle. A challenge. The fact that others get to benefit of their "hobby" matters nothing to them.

Silva likes this.
  12. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    I'd guess most or all of them already have such jobs. With cracks being made available for free I don't see how doing only that could pay bills.

I've often wondered that myself. With as big as AAA games have gotten it would take me more than a day (at top speed) to get them at full size.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Dude, that's just information. Those here who download cracked games/SW do not need this notice. If I ever wanted to reenter, it would take me like 15 minutes to get currently active groups.

14. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah, there was a time when ubi released games without any protection at all, then they changed from that model to what they have now, but that somehow didn't earn them that "lost" profit from every pirate.

This article explains it quite well

https://www.pcgamer.com/opinion-ubisoft-piracy-and-the-death-of-reason/

"In terms of actual sales, however, the results seem decidedly mixed. Michael Pachter told Eurogamer that Ubisoft's "PC game sales are down 90% without a corresponding lift in console sales."""

I still remember when I had to crack my bought copy of AC2, because it just wouldn't work with their servers. I think that was my last bought game from them.

15. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    Saffire R9290x VaporX 8gb
    Ha.. Love it. DRM has to go. It doesn't stop piracy, it just punishes people who actually PAY for the product.. They're the ones treated like thieves.

TheDeeGee likes this.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I doubt any company would consider "a couple days" a success. Yes 3 weeks is better but I am sure they are still not happy about that. Sure, Denuvo was meant to stave off crackers for a period of time to allow the game to generate enough sales, but they were hoping for several months at least, not 3 weeks. When Denuvo was first used as an anti-piracy defense, it took crackers several months, sometimes over a year to crack certain games. It was considered a success then as the bulk of the sales were already generated. 3 weeks is a fail compared to the early track record.

airbud7 likes this.
  17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Is Steam open to allowing you to just buy and refund as you see fit I am sure they have certain limitations on what they consider abuse of this system? Not that it matters some games are releasing in such unfinished states now that it's not a case of needing a demo to try the game it's more a case of wait for the release, wait for the release of all the DLC, wait for the bug fixes and balances and other issue fixes, then wait a bit longer for the GOTY edition to release and THEN buy the game to try it as a demo before deciding if you want to actually keep the game.

I linked the video in another Ubi related article, may well have been the Far Cry 5 article in the the Game Discussion forum? Anyway I wonder if the 90% drop in Ubi games has anything to do with the fact that all their games have, over the years, become fundamentally the same game? You buy the first game they release in a year and you pretty much have no need to buy any of their other games.

18. anthos

anthos Active Member

GPU:
    -
    Just because denuvo managed for some time to stay uncrackable it doesn't mean it became the norm. The norm was with protections like securom and safedisc that became so inefficient that it had become widespread for 0 day releases or even at times scene releases before the official one got out. Most companies generate most of their sales early on and that's whay they care most. 3 weeks is indeed a long time as far as that is concerned.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I seem to be in a bit of a dilemma here, i don't like to see peoples hard work stolen from them as willl happen now this game is cracked, but i also understand that the gaming industry with their insidious gambling bs, lootboxes, microtransactions, season passes, dlc outside season passes, games changed to force the player down the paying route, unfinshed buggy broken released games, all being a complete disgusting mess that seems to be the norm for the gaming industry today, so i don't really know who to root for, the frying pan or the fire. lol

airbud7 likes this.
  20. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    There is no dilemma for me here, i won't buy any Ubi game on launch, because they tend to be bug riddled mess. And even when Far Cry 5 runs great and is relative bug free, i don't have to praise or reward them in any way, because that should be a freaking standard. So i buy their games on Steam sale, and it even doesn't have to be 5€, last time i bought Watch Dogs 2 deluxe for 20€ something, and i will buy FC5 around the same price. It's a compromise for me, between paying 59.99€ for a variation of the same game, and playing the game for free. A good game will stay good after a year or two, so what's the rush?

Stormyandcold and Prince Valiant like this.