Far Cry 4 - Gamescom 2014 Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ubisoft has released the Gamescom 2014 trailer for Far Cry 4 that showcases the world of Kyrat. Kyrat is described as a breathtaking, perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the r...

Far Cry 4 - Gamescom 2014 Trailer

2. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Looking forward to this game. I thought Far Cry 3 was excellent. Interesting story, beautiful graphics and open exploration, good game play. Far Cry 2 was rubbish in my eyes, and didn't play the orginal Far Cry. I hope Far Cry 4 will be as good as the last one, it doesn't strike me as being better, but hopefully just as good! Anyone know if it's the same graphics engine, and if recommended specs are the same? (Far Cry 3 ran great, so I'm hoping this will be the same requirements)

3. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    Think it's highly unlikely that it runs on the same engine as FC3 or that it'll have the same requirements.

Citation needed:
    I read something somewhere on the big bad web about a new engine developed just for FC4

4. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Love the setting, looks like it's basically just gonna be fc3 in a new place though

5. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    It does have a similar look to fc3 though, just with vastly improved details - it could be a new engine, but my guess is that its the same engine, that theyve developped further on... which wouldnt be a bad thing, as fc3 was an awesome game, and actually ran really well at vsync 2 (aka constant 30 fps).

6. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Couple things caught my attention in the video. First, the narration states, "...the rules of reality do not apply." That is a huge red flag for me since realism is important to how gameplay and interaction "feels".

Second (and perhaps more important) the narration states, "...what you do with this world is entirely up to you." If the game ends up with the same screen prompt, Simon Says control style and QTE "takedowns" like FC3 has, then that statement is BS. I really hope the developers return control to the players as it is in FC1 & FC2; otherwise, this game is a no-go for me.