1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fans on GTX 970 and GTX 1070?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jeffmorris, Jul 20, 2018.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    This morning, I tried to turn on my computer, had breakfast, and found out it was not on. I turned it on and I thought there may be a problem with my GTX 970 card. I moved my computer out from under the desk to check it out. I turned off and on the APC backup unit and turned on my computer. I got video but I found out that the fans on the GPU were not running. I went on Amazon and ordered a GTX 1070 TI card. Yesterday, while playing a game, there were slight jerkiness in screen update. I found out from the Internet that fans on GTX 970 and GTX 1070 cards don't run until they get hot. Did I waste money on GTX 1070 TI card?

2. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Not realy the GTX 1070 TI is a good upgrade from your GTX 970 so no money wasted IMO

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    zero rpm fans is practically the standard on all modern gpus and i dont think you can find a high end 10 series without it

they dont run until the gpu gets hot, why bother, so in desktop and lightweight games the heatsink is enough