1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fan/temperature control

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by Xzess, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Xzess

Xzess Member

GPU:
    R9 380 4gb
    Hi, I have a R9 380 nitro 4gb, It works ok, but i want to make a question if somebody can help me:

In wattman, the drivers doesn't allow me to put a fan curve, or put min-max to temperature control, I only want to put an automatic fan curve, because i think default it's a bit low. The drivers do not allow this, they only show "auto" or "manual", there is no min-max option.

I know i can do with thirt party apps as afterburner, and it works there, but i want to keep my sistem as simple as I can, whit the less soft running in background.

Anybody knows a way to unlock these extra driver features in the drivers? something like a regedit or some config file override?

2. elven

elven New Member

Nope. You just have to use Afterburner. I overclock / undervolt using Wattman and use Afterburner just for the fan curves. It's light weight enough, plus it monitors GPU/CPU temps.

3. Xzess

Xzess Member

GPU:
    R9 380 4gb
    It should be possible, faking GPU detection or changing some hardware ID. But who knows...

4. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX480 GX 8GB
    Have you considered editing your vbios with the desired fan curve?