Fan Speed Help

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by xPyro, May 6, 2008.

1. xPyro

xPyro New Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 7900GS @ 597/781
    Is there any way for me to be able to keep my Fan Speed at 80% all the time because I have set everything up properly following the RivaTuner guide and even though I have it set to 80%, whenever I join a game or just randomly at times the fan speed drops down to 20%.

Any help appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Jason

2. Kentucky1965

Kentucky1965 New Member

GPU:
    2-XFX 7900GS
    Thats the exact problem I have with my 2-7900GS cards; anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Kentucky

3. MrWoo

MrWoo Active Member

I am guessing that you need to change the setting in the registry to turn off the automatic cooling on the card. I am not at home now so don't have RT running on this laptop to tell you exaclty what that is. There are many refernces to it in the forums though.

Essentially you could try to set that value so it disables the auto cooling, then go into the low level fan control, set it to manual and put the speed to 80%. When RT is running, it should place fan @ 80%. More than likely the chip on your card is capable of setting the speed to 80%, but when it kicks up that high, it drives the temp down to where the algorithm of the auto fan control drops it back down to something lower.

MrWoo

4. warlord2000ad

warlord2000ad New Member

Another thing you could do is setup the hardware monitoring of Rivatuner, and have it also lauch a 80% Fan profile within a large range say 0-100c monitoring range.