Fan shuts down or slows down AGAIN!!!!!!

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by neilsouth, Feb 27, 2007.

1. neilsouth

neilsouth Active Member

GPU:
    X1800XT
    Couldn't understand why i was getting triangles in c&c 3 demo , then i was playing and the system froze and them monitor shut off. Checked my ati tray tools and my fan was running at 800rpm even though i'd loaded my profile overclocked settings with my fan at 100%!.

So i had to reload my overclocked settings again, what is going on with the 7.0+ drivers that dont affect me 6.12 below.

p.s posted it here to let people know it didnt happen with 6.12 and ati tray tools

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. synapz

synapz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980ti
    Yepp, same problem here with fan control. Tried 7.2 for a day then back to old trusty 6.12 again. To make sorty short, every time I try 7.x drivers fan control gets very unpredictable, especially when switching between 2D and 3D profile which I do manually (using hotkeys). In 6.12 and earlier no problems and with 7.x huge problems and I have to go back to 6.12 every time.

3. neilsouth

neilsouth Active Member

GPU:
    X1800XT
    Ray Adams how about a sound warning if the fan drops below a certain level when using overclock mode?

A clickable option

4. neilsouth

neilsouth Active Member

GPU:
    X1800XT
    edit -

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Its better to find why it happened, than make any sound options. At this moment I have a problems under Vista with 7.2. Sometimes when I load Over profile my FAN Table doesn't applied correctly and this happened only under Vista. I have no problems with WinXP

6. synapz

synapz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980ti
    Well, good for you that you don´t have any problems with WinXP, many others do. Might be because we have X1900XTX and you don´t. I have tried 2 versions (official and custom) of Cat. 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 with the same bad results and no problems at all with Cat. 6.12. I guess when I buy a new computer that can hold one of those Nvidia 8800 cards all my problems will go away ;-) but until then I guess I will be running Cat. 6.12.

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I have X1800XT and I don't think there are a lot of difference in FAN control between these two boards.

8. sleepy_yellow

sleepy_yellow New Member

GPU:
    HIS X1900XTX 512MB
    ya i get this issue with vista ultimate x86 with 7.2 and my X1900XTX

9. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    sure the card isnt over heating?cause when mine did the fan would reset to default speeds