Fan Negativity Was Too Much for Bioware Owners

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2012.

1. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    People like you are what is wrong with the internet these days. These guys make awesome games and write the best stories they can to try give everyone a great gaming experience but instead you spit all over them because you don't like their story.
    I can name hundreds of movies that had horrible retarded endings but when's the last time you saw a director re-film the last 20 minutes of a movie to please the whining babies that call themselves fans?
    Now I'm not sure the politics behind the decision to release a new ending and I'm sure EA forced them to do it. If I was Bioware I would have told the fans to F--- off. This is the story we wanted to tell, either like it or don't. And after all this, I don't blame them for retiring.

2. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700 XT GOC 8G
    Butterfly Effect DC comes to my mind. It was not really to please the fans but the DC ending is imo far better than the hollywood style ending of the theatrical cut.

The Descent is another movie with multiple ending. I think the ending in NA (asked by Lionsgate) was different than uk and canada.

Offering multiple ending in either video games or movies is nothing new.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think gamers are just to involved (obsessed) with the dev process theses days, we ask, expect, demand and ffs petition.

Remember back in the earlier days of consoles and of course the PC when gamers just played what was given to them and they were happy...or not but just voted with their wallets after playing at a friends house or talking to other gamers around them and reading reviews, there was none of this petty bitching over digital entertainment and demanding a remake of a crap ending.

Sure the internet has helped gamers out with reviews and the sorts but it wasn't until this current gen of consoles came along that gamers started to whinge all the time, but make no mistake I am not blaming the console directly just pointing to the time I noticed all this taking place is all.

Id, square, edios, Konami, Ubi, Activision, Blizzard all did fine until gamers started sticking their noses in it like it was their birth right to demand how someone else movie/game or friggin song played out.

Gaming use to be a hobby, but now it seems people treat it like a drug, the more they have the more they need to get high. Seems like there's alot of people out there who get an instant spike of withdrawal symptoms if they dont get to have an opinion about everything every time of the day.

When I look back on my life when Im close to being put six feet deep I don't want to come to the conclusion that the biggest thing i had an influence on was the way the next f**king iteration of DooM ended.

The internet is a powerful tool, It allows us to reach each other and have a combined voice/opinion of whatever, yet the only thing we seem to be vocal about are the silly things.

'World Hunger f*** that, I want HD-remake of solitaire'
    - Massive Masses - 2024.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Multiple endings is one thing but to complain after the movie/game is released and basically force them to re-do it is ridiculous.

5. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    While Bioware does indeed deserve blame for what happened to Mass Effect, It's been made clear to me by a long time friend who just happens to work for Bioware that much of the speculation surrounding Electronic Arts, rushed deadlines to make quarterly profits, and how Casey Hudson and an assistant wrote the ending completely on their own with ZERO input from the series writers or development team.... are 100% true.

Electronic Arts has now managed to ruin two of my all time favorite series of games. I started playing the Ultima series from Origin Systems back in the mid 80's and loved every minute of the first 7 games in what was to evenaully become a trillogy of trillogies. Well.... in comes EA, and "pushes" Lord British (producer/writer) to make the 8th game using a game engine that was so incredibly un-ultima, combined with the removal of an open world.... and the damage was done. Then to add insult to injury, they slapped together the conclusion, Ultima Ascension using some horribly buggy 3d engine, no companions, with little to no narrative coherence... and soon after Origin was "no longer producing games"

As for the second game.... it was Mass Effect. I'm still pissed about the lies and false advertising. Plus how all those supposedly important decisions you made during the course of three full games would come full circle and impact the ending....

... riiiiiight.

[​IMG]

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    They should not of read youtube comments :p

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I wouldn't piss on Casey Hudson even if he was on fire.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    EA is to blame and bioware to lesser extent for not tell EA to stay the **** out of any and all development of there games, EA is there publisher nothing more. when dev's dont stand up for there own IP there publisher will destroy the ip's

Sorta how EA been doing this for years. First they destroy the ip's drag them through the mud, piss off the long time fans of said ip's and then continue to destroy them as the milk the already destroyed IP's while the fans that are hold on to hope that they dont destroy it anymore then they already have.

C&C games come to mind, so do NFL/NHL. yes those are sport games but when was the last time there was nfl/nhl games released not by ea? cause they bought out the licenses.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EA also bought out the crack baby basketball license and put Eric Cartman out of business :( In all seriousness, EA is like the IBM of the 80's ...

10. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    It actually happens all the time.

Except the movie industry is smart enough to have "test screenings" BEFORE the world premier.
    And test screenings often lead to scenes being cut, added, re-shot or even things like ending being completely re-written.

And all that is before we even begin talking about Director's Cuts.