Fan duty cycle graph vanished?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by James01, Apr 29, 2008.

1. James01

James01 Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX @ 621/1566/972Mhz
    I am missing the fan duty cycle graph in the hardware monitor. It has been missing in RT 2.08 and 2.09, and drivers 174.74 and 175.15. I don't know what caused it to disappear.

The only fan option I can see in the HW monitor setup is "reference fan duty cycle", which always displays 100%.

How can I monitor my fan speed?

(running Vista 32bit SP1 by the way)

2. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    did you tried to enable some other monitoring plugins in hardware monitor? if other infos are ok (like core temperature, ambient.. etc etc,) maybe enabling some other monitoring plugin can help you

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

ADT7473 plugin provides "Duty cycle" graph to hardware monitoring module on 8800GTX family.

4. theonlybabyface

theonlybabyface Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X SC
    Unfortunately, that doesn't help us 9800GX2 users. I believe that it's a fault of the card bios itself. Can you confirm?

5. James01

James01 Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX @ 621/1566/972Mhz
    Thanks, that got it working :)

Do you know why it didn't appear by default though? Just curious, as it's always been there automatically as far as I can remember.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It is always enabled by default with hardware monitoring plugins wizard when you perform clean install of RT. But if you manually disable wizard and (or) plugin and install new version in upgarde mode - it won't be enabled (as well as other settings won't be changed too).