Fan Curve issues

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by 5TGLk, Sep 1, 2016.

1. 5TGLk

5TGLk Guest

GPU:
    I've not used overclocking software for many years so forgive my ignorance.

Does Afterburner have to be running to use custom fan curves?
    I'm having trouble getting the fan curve settings to apply on startup. You can see my settings in this image.

imgur.com/a/vbUzN

It also seems that the fan curve is constantly being interrupted at low load, as shown on the Fan Speed graph on GPU-Z. I've checked the fan physically and confirmed that it is constantly toggling on and off as the graph shows. Under load the fans work and follow the curve as expected.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yes, AB needs to be running for fan curve profile to work.
    Looking at your pic, looks like fans might not like 13%, I would try raising to say 20-30% and see if fans stop cutting on/off like that, you don't want that to happen all the time.

Does your card support quiet mode fans, where they don't run till like 50c or so, I assume your card doesn't by pic.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  3. 5TGLk

5TGLk Guest

GPU:
    My card is the ZOTAC 1070 AMP Edition, which shuts its fans off under 50 I think. So that explains the constant toggling. Unfortunately I also have a GTX 670 in the system that uses the horrible reference blower, so raising the fans to a higher floor isn't an option I'll take.

Unless there's a way to program the fan curve directly on the card, I think I'll stick with the default fan curve.

Thanks for the suggestion.