Fan Control Speed

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by ownage11, Mar 9, 2012.

1. ownage11

ownage11 Guest

GPU:
    ATI CrossFireX 6950/70's
    Hi There,
    I'm looking for a simple software that will able to control the fan speed on my crossfire cards : ATI 6950's

I don't use the Catalyst Control Center only the Device Driver.
    And on games like Battlefield 3 when the graphic is on high its real dangerous.

I know that msi afterburner will able to do it, But I do prefer something without any overclock settings (Just because of no experience), just a fan program controler .

Thanks in advance.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    CCC, MSI AB and Sapphire Trixx (for Sapphire cards) will control fan speed - and you don't have to overclock with AB, just use the fan control if you wish.

But the bios default setting should be adequate, what do u mean by "it's real dangerous"?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  3. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    As Pillmonster has said thats your options.

Trixx would get my vote (you can use it on any card) if you just wanted something simple. Just force a fan speed before you game and thats it.

In CCC you can do the same thing, but its not exactly lightweight is it ( I install it but then disable from startup)

If you want to create automatic or more advanced profiles the AB is your best bet.
    If you wanted to have the fan applied automatically for all 3D games you can with AB, or a more advanced way is to use AB profiles with RadeonPro (scripts tab) to launch profiles then close them per game automatically !!!!

4. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    I prefer Afterburner, It very easy to set an automatic fanspeed curve to increase the fanspeed at various temperature points instead of setting a flat speed. It takes several steps to use Afterburner to overclock the GPU, it's not something you are going to do on accident.