1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fan control hit or miss

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by vgbaron, Feb 24, 2008.

1. vgbaron

vgbaron New Member

GPU:
    Mushkin 996535
    Using version 2.06 I set the fan control profiles to 60/80/100 as outlined in one of the guides. Basically they work just fine except every now and then the fan stays at 60 instead of kicking up with the temp.

I would understand if it just didn't work but *sometimes* makes it hard to figure out the issue.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanx,

Vic

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Remember, if your using temperature thresholds, it has to cross that setpoint.

3. vgbaron

vgbaron New Member

GPU:
    Mushkin 996535
    Sometimes when it crosses the threshold it doesn't switch and sometimes it does.

I have it set at 60% up to 55C then 80% up to 60C and 100% over 60.

Usingh RT the temp shows 58c and the fan is still at 60. Then another time the temp will be 58C and the fan will be at 80.

Makes no sense so I figure I'm missing something or everyone would have the problem.

This is on an EVGA 8800GTS 640 o/c 702 btw.

Vic

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Double check your crossings. You may have conflicting thresholds. Be very careful how you set them up.

5. MrWoo

MrWoo Active Member

If I might make a suggestion. Create your thresholds as such:

60% < 55c
    Temp: 55c
    Upward crossing: null
    Downward crossing: Fan 60%

80% > 60c
    Temp: 60c
    Upward crossing: Fan 80%
    Downward crossing: null

100% > 65c
    Temp: 65c
    Upward crossing: Fan 100%
    Downward crossing: null

Apply your own temps obviously. Theory here is to speed up the fan if temp goes above 60c. Now at 80%, fan will not go down to 60% until temp goes below 55c. As temps continue up, when 65c is reached now fan at 100%. Again, do not let it drop unless it comes all the way to below 55c. This stops the up - down - up - down - up - down effect that is common. Think of it as 'if it needs cooling, let it rev up until we are sure it is cool'.

MrWoo