Fallout - New Vegas

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Li4m79, Feb 4, 2010.

1. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I agree, RDR is simply amazing! However FNV is a damn good game as well.

2. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    come on, i know gameplay is the key and all of that..but graphics counts as well..and they wont receive goty with the same outdated game, only different story..

yes, but i'm not talking about blow my mind graphics..and RDR has pretty great visuals tbh..

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Meh. Graphics don't make a game great, look at Metro 2033... a solid game, but I found Singularity to be a far better and more enjoyable title. Even though Metro looks better, Singularity easily beats it out in my opinion.

Fallout: New Vegas may be dated visually, but that's not a problem. The look still works for the style of game it is and for me that's more then enough.

FO:NV could be GOTY. Graphically dated or not, doesn't matter. Graphics come after gameplay and story IMO.

4. Wintersdark

Wintersdark Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1gb OC
    4870's aren't impacted by the worst of the display bugs, as they're not dx11 cards.

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    New patch is out - supposedly fixes the save game problems. I haven't tried it yet...played all day...going to bed now.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    does this continue where FO3 left off? does it have anything to do with FO3 story wise? Because I never finished FO3 and I will only get this if it has nothing to do with FO3 story wise...

7. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Is it just me or are the graphics on 360 getting ****tier each passing day. I just saw this game on a friend's 360 hooked upto a HDTV. Bleh, the graphics absolutely sucked oO. I played this on my PC, and its certainly miles beyond what the 360 could do graphics wise. Not that the game itself is good though. Obsidian has a tendency of screwing every good game they come in contact with. How the hell they're still in business is a complete mystery to me :S...

8. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    I got no performance issue so far with no dll trick and using stock ini. Only some stuttering after hours of play time.

I got some performance and frame drop after tweaking the ini to use threading and setting FPSClamp to 60. Which ever causing the stuttering was not there to begin with on the stock ini.

9. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    we dont care about 360:bang: it looks awesome on my pc... :)

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No Fallout game looks awesome, even modded it just looks passable, these games are about gameplay, if they were about visuals, they would have no chance lol.

11. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

I was just sharing my observation. The 360 is beginning to show its age. PC quality is simply unmatched. No doubt about that. This bugfest of a game made it crystal clear.

12. Incognito5000

Incognito5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    I wish! Post patch #1 and I still had save game issues (last 5 hours of gameplay). Had to restore the autosave.fos.bak to get my game back!

Scary couple of minutes that was...

As for the 360 version of the game...blah. I was half tempted to get it but then figured having my eyes bleed for 100 hours of gameplay probably isn't the most healthy thing to do (plus it was way cheaper to buy it on Steam).

13. kgb_m3

kgb_m3 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 260gtx 216 SSC SLi
    Suffering here as well from crazy frame rate drop. 60 down to low 20s and right back up to 60... Anyone know where I can download the patch from?

14. yuri.mitsuk

yuri.mitsuk Member Guru

GPU:
    radeon 6950 2gb unlock'd
    Its because your running an amd cpu..JK;)
    Ive had dips down into the high 40s but nothing lower then that, and highs in the 70s...I take that back in the cinmatic trailer in the beginning I get a steady 31 frames.

15. GiNaJuIcE

GiNaJuIcE Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1080 AMP

exactly. its all about the game play and from what i have seen it is great. Love the iron sights. ok back to FNV

16. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I installed the game along with the DX redist from the CD and haven't even seen as much as a stutter, set to full ultra settings, 4x AA and 16 AF @ 19x10

I'm using the 10.5a driver though at the moment.

17. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    Before it was bad with lower fps of about 35 average and minor lags overall but playable.

After the patch the fps is around 75-40 but I get terrible lag spikes down to single digit for around 5 secs at a time and generally having any kind of interaction makes the game lag like crap and it's TERRIBLE!

Conclusion, the patch made it worse!

Settings: Ultra, 4AA, Max everything else, 1080 res.

Edit: And wtf!? The game doesn't use multi-core!? What year is this??

18. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Just bought the game today it's downloading on STeam yeaaaaaa

WOOOOOOOOO

I still miss Jericho though.

19. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I hear you guys talk about Red Dead Redemption, whens this coming out for pc?

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    It's not. Rockstar said it's a possibility, is all.