Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    cerebus23 likes this.
  3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Free 2 Play?

If not i pass.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    even free ill pass less its to hate review it.

5. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    people still play it ? after everything around it.. ?

asking for real here. :)

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    There are people who even pay the 100$ subscription (on top of buying the game originally when it came out), so yes, there are some real sycophants out there.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'm waiting for it to go free to play to see for myself what the game is like.

8. 0458315753

0458315753 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    What are the most demanding options in the game? The current version is 1.2.7.26, on my hardware with shadow distance set at medium, depth of field, motion blur and lens flare* disabled the frame rate can drop to under 40 and I experience extreme stuttering — on taxing locations you can never move the camera around without hitching.

I'll try lowering the shadow quality from ultra to high later. Is there any recent guide with comparison screenshots and performance metrics? It's extremely time-consuming to compare the graphics options since many require a restart.

* Fallout76Prefs.ini

Code:
    bLensFlare=0

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

I mean how dare they play what they like right?

Also I don't think you know what sycophant means.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Hey if they don't mind paying to play a game they already paid full price to play, then more power too them I guess..... and Bethesda, they obviously found one way to squeeze blood from cold dead corpse.... may as well keep squeezing, there's is bound to be more blood.

If it's anything like 4 then it will be shadows.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    cerebus23 and AsiJu like this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Todd is the squeeze master for sure...

Yup shadow distance and quality and god rays is another.
    It's confusingly named but it actually affects all volumetric lighting. At least in FO4.

Though the biggest performance eating feature is the outdated Creation engine.
    Throw subpar netcode on top of that in 76 and you're all set for a shitshow.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  12. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

I mean $100 dollars a year for a private server is pretty cheap, And if you've got a group that plays the game a lot then i see no issue with it.

Consoles still play to play online, MMO games still charge monthly ontop of expansion buy in.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    What Bethesda forced onto players is not what was promised or even wanted by players... private world is not the same as a private server you pay to connect to, I can see in the future Bethesda shutting the servers down when there are not enough players subscribing and then the game will be dead, or maybe by then it will be shifted back into a singleplayer game, or maybe by then Private Worlds will be delivered as promised.

If someone is happy paying 100 dollars to play a video game they already paid to play, then hey who am I to judge, they have the money and Bethesda have found a target audience.

I am not that target audience, as far as I'm concerned Bethesda Game Studios has not released an actual video game since 2015, with Fallout 76 being just another quick money maker alteration of Fallout 4 while they work towards the next Elder Scrolls and Starfield.

Kolt likes this.
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Subs for Xbox Live and PS+ yearly are $60, which gives you access to online features for every game on the platform, and you also get some subbed games(PS+ games you keep even if you don't sub anymore) and discounts for yearly resubscribing...The Switch is only $20, and there aren't really a whole lot of MMO's that charge monthly just to play(not counting doing a base tier and premium tier). Expansions though, that's every type of game on any platform, which not all games charge for new content either.

This is literally $100 yearly for one game, not even a server you pick the host, own the physical server, or can make modifications to the game like you can in say a comparable title being Rust....The game is also still filled with Bethesda bugs galore.

cerebus23, XP-200 and Kolt like this.
  15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Bethesda can pay me $100 and I might try Fallout 76 then. Might.

ShadowDuke and SpajdrEX like this.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    For only 40 bucks you can now own F76 on Steam.

Oh, there is a Deluxe Edition for 60 bucks as well!

And feel free to spend more money in the Atom Store!

CalculuS, cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Serious question now guys.. and girls.. have you ever laughed so hard that you farted?

--

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    cerebus23 likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Hopefully not on a stream or similar, then again someones probably done it. Someone's probably did it to increase views too but then again a lot of things have been done for that and now Twitch and others have some rules as a result. :p
    It's nice to see Bethesda finally getting that Radiant AI in since their promises about how the NPC were oh so dynamic way back in TES Oblivion though. :D

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  20. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    in his eyes we are not the customers, we are the QA employees. Todd is the most disgusting person
    in the gaming industry.. by a long shot.