Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    From what I've seen, Arkane are still pretty much doing what they want.
    Their new game Deathloop, is something they've wanted to do for years. It's basically them returning to their old concept back when they were working on The Crossing. Which was MP focused.

And, there's been no announcement of what Arkane Austin are working on, since Arkane Lyon are doing Deathloop.
    Austin did a lot of the heavy lifting on Wolf: Youngblood/Cyberpilot as Machinegames main team is working on Wolf 3.

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I really hope so.. it's hard to have any hope for anything published by Bethesda anymore :/

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    As a publisher, I've had zero issues with them.

As a developer... they've always been a bit dodgy.
    But, from a publishing side, with DisHonored... Wolf, Evil Within, DOOM... PREY.. I have no complaints.

And with DOOM Eternal's shifting focus to a more single player post-release support/content... is an instant win over DOOM 2016. With all it's post-release content being for the MP and zero campaign.
    Arkane have wanted to do something MP focused for years, so I'm not surprised that's where they are going next.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I agree if we are looking at the past. They've done great with publishing those games you mentioned.. but I have my doubts about their future publishing as well as what they directly develop. It's entirely their fault for painting their own company in such a terrible image really.. but I do agree with your sentiment overall.

I really hope the new Doom and future published games turn out good..

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Watch this from 34:20 on

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, I understand.
    But, I mean Bethesda have been shooting themselves in the foot while pushing other studios products onto shinning pedestals for years.

Horse armor, paid mods... them making stupid decisions in relation to their own products isn't really anything new. It's just now the magnifying glass that's placed on it is much larger and more focused.

And people have been dry-humping the FO76 hate so hard, anything else that's come out in it's wake has been covered by the splash damage. RAGE 2, not a deep or complex game, very simple and straight forward... but still very satisfying, great combat and just a fun game. But... blasted, and a lot of complaints I've seen people constantly reference back to Bethesda and FO76's release.
    Wolf: Youngblood... I get why a lot of people don't like it. But, it's honestly not as bad as many try to make it out to be. But, again, lots of hate that comments on FO76 and Beth. And really, that's been their only releases this year.

DOOM Eternal was going to be their big launch of the year, and it got pushed back to next year.
    I'm super hyped for Eternal, and very excited for Ghostwire Tokyo. Can't wait for Wolf 3's announcement, and to see what Arkane Austin is working on.

And I'm sure Bethesda will continue to make stupid decisions and bad business moves in relation to FO76 and their own titles.

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    As much as a wonderful Schadenfreude experience Fallout 76 has been, it really does make me worry about the two games I really do care about ie the next proper Fallout (whenever that may be) and the next proper Elder Scrolls (whenever that may be).

9. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    In what way did he turn it into a joke?

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Love or hate the Jim this news is just another to throw on the pile of funny news regarding 76.

11. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Will the dumpster fire ever stop burning? Now there are leaks that Bethesda will paywall more content. It doesn't surprise me, but it still manages to elicit a facepalm from me.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  13. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    This game should have never been made. They lost so many fans.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Not really, it should of been DLC for Fallout 4. Even though Fallout 4 to me was also garbage. This could of added something unique to the main Fallout 4 game.

It could of allowed people to pair up and play through the main game together, which one player being the main character and another player being their companion.... (who wouldn't love to play as the dog!!! :D). Then the Fallout 76 world map could of still been in their too as a different zone, so players can either make a new character or take their Fallout 4 character into that map and the games difficulty will scale based on player level.

This way Fallout 76 would cost less money as its DLC, it adds something new to the current game, and it includes a new massive map area. Give it another 6 months in the development oven and release it in a more polished state.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yes.
    It either should've been DLC for FO4, or should've been made by the guys who do ESO. On that engine.

cerebus23 likes this.