Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^So this being broken has to be a positive because at least it is consistent with the rest of the F76 game....right!. Lol

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    That's just clickbait. Nobody "obtained a Bethesda website."

These garbage youtubers are starting to really annoy me.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    What the individual did was obtain the domain for falloutfirst.com and then proceeded to mock Bethesda with it regarding Bethesda's new subscription service for a full priced video game.

Even bbc news reported on it, not just "youtubers".

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    He registered a new domain. He did not obtain it from Bethesda or hacked the site. This is just clickbait. "Ooh, someone managed to obtain a Bethesda site and mock them, how did they manage that? I have to watch this video to find out, I guess."

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    you should make sure you own the domains you advertise ;p.

not the only occurrence of that this week the other was equally hilarious and i believe even historic. ;p

6. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Christ, I love everything that's happening surrounding this. I just can't believe they looked at their dumpster fire of a game, and didn't think that pulling this crap would drag Bethesda's name through the dirt even more.

They deserve everything that comes to them, they've been selling games held together with duct tape for far too long.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I find this somewhat humorous... this is the first post on the Bethesda Game Studio's official twitter since dropping the Fallout 76 "subscription" announcement..

I'm really starting to think Bethesda is going to strait up ignore the backlash and just proceed without even acknowledging how much they have messed up.

[​IMG]

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I have to say, despite not paying a single cent for F76, it has brought me boundless quantities of fun!

Kolt and Angantyr like this.
  9. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    The latest update is just as entertaining as the release, I mean reading about it from the side is.

But realistically, the game is crap and probably didn't even pay for itself. So Zenimax/Bethesda has decided to cut development and just squeeze any money from the few people who still play it in order to at least make some profit. That's why the big patch has more bugs than working features, as it was developed by intern who mostly serves coffee with the cooperation of the late night janitor. I mean the logic is kinda sound, e.g. EA operates like this for decades, it just destroys the IP

Kolt, cerebus23 and fantaskarsef like this.
  10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Actually probably the smartest thing they can do.
    If they acknowledge it, and try to apologize and fix it... they will get blasted with "damage control", if they try to defend it... again, blasted.

Sometimes, the best move is to just move on without saying anything.
    And this is something I wish more studios would do. It's something Randy Pitchford needs to learn, more often then not... responding, defending... arguing... always makes you look worse.

11. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Especially when Randy always comes across as a petulant little kid.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Exactly.
    It's made me lose a tremendous amount of respect for GBX.
    After their Half-Life expansions, and BiA series... I felt GBX would be a top studio for me. But, I've never been a big fan of Borderlands, and then Battleborn... and with Randy's overly childish tantrums on twitter...

I've all but decided GBX are simply better left by the wayside.

fantaskarsef, emperorsfist and Kolt like this.
  13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Yes, it's more or less the same for me. Borderlands never gripped me (I don't like looter-shooters), Battleborn was a MP game first, so that was not interesting to me (it also died after a week), and Colonial Marines (for which I was very psyched) was a disaster and a complete scam.

I leave Randy and his antics be. He has nothing to say, and his entire macho veneer is easily shattered with a few pokes.

Kolt and fantaskarsef like this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Makes me sad they own the Duke Nukem IP.
    Which I feel will never get a chance to shine ever again.

15. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    This game needs to go free to play or die. It's sad that resources are being spent on this game considering the majority hate it.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    die it should have.

bethesda would not be neck in neck for worst company in america had they just not shelved this dump out the gate.

only question did enough sheep prop up 76 to reward their garbage game and garbage behavior?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Yeah, what happened to Duke is unfortunate. I hated Randy's "I know a joke, I own the Duke Nukem franchise" comment. Somebody should've shouted at him that Duke is a joke because he made it into one.

18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Seriously i doubt Bethesda can pull off any good games in the near future. They seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Good developers left the company already, a new engine still nowhere to be seen and stock holders asking for steadily growing income with DLC & MTs.

I hope the next TES title takes at least 10 years to come out, in its current state Bethesda games are a shame for the gaming industry.

Kolt and fantaskarsef like this.
  19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    For what it's worth, I totally agree. They went down a dark path and are swallowed by it now, slaves to growing income...
    It's now almost exactly 8 years since Skyrim was released... one thought that it would be enough time for a good successor but... TESO. Fallout 4 followed up by... 76.
    And those are a one way road I'm afraid... no signs of TESO or 76 closing down since they do mean steady money.

I'm afraid, their only deal for SP games could be EGS giving them millions before a single game's sold. Which makes me sob. I'd love another TES title but... I doubt they will give us a good one, and / or soon.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I'm worried about Arkane the most.. I want them to continue doing what they do, but knowing Bethesda's greed they are probably going to force them to work on live service projects and not the amazing experiences we got in games like Prey and Dishonored.
    Bethesda Game Studios failing hard is one thing.. but the publisher's control over the other good studios they own (like Arkane and id) are far more worrying to me.

DocStrangelove likes this.