1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    10 hours a day since launch......they might be doing them a favour banning them, 10 hours every day, they must has the equivalent to bed sores on their backside. :eek:

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    And I thought I took diablo 3 too far with around 480 hours over two years lol.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Lol......amazing to think they would have doubled your 480 hours over two years if they have actually played 10 hours every day since it launched 4 months ago. Lol

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Kolt likes this.
  6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Considering they said several times that Bethesda Austin was working on it... not really.
    They initially said B:A was handling the work on updating the engine, but as time went on they made more comments about how B:A was handling more and more of the primary development.

And, they biggest sign that something was wrong was when they said they had gotten "assistance" from several ZeniMax owned studios. That was a sign that the game was in trouble, and they were attempting to pull in quick fixes from outside, more experienced studios.

I mean, when the studio handling primary development biggest accomplishment is that they were once BattleCry Studio. And their game "impressed" ZeniMax so much, that it was canceled, the studio was renamed and made to work on this... it kind of says all you need to know.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB 144hz
  8. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @RzrTrek

These guys are the definition of 'doubling down' (and not in a good way).

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea it like they want to anger all the fans not just most of them.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    What fans? What's left of the crowd is pretty odd now :p Just a few days ago the top rated post on r/fo76 was someone delighted that the servers are getting deserted and he was all alone in the map for hours :D They'll eat up anything lol.

XP-200 and cerebus23 like this.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    [​IMG]

Bethesda's "roadmap" for Fallout 76.
    Lots of content updates throughout the year, and a new Main Quest added later this year.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    from a game to print money to a money sink.

did they admit going free to play with their roadmap?

from a time when they supposed to be all hand on starfield and trying to rush up the es6 production, now they got to divert assets to 76 that noone wants to play.

brilliant move toddy.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    You... do realize Bethesda Game Studios is not just one studio, right?
    The main studio, the one ran by Todd Howard is working on Starfield. The other three are working on other projects, including updates and content for Fallout 76 and other titles like Elder Scrolls Blades.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    nice to have all that to bear on their main projects, i mean studios can coordinate when you got a decent project lead and workflow.

sure they probably planned to have some people working on 76 stuff but i wager it is far more than they had planned. they got too many projects they juggling and i think its going to bite them in the arse.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, in the past it's been just the main studio run by Todd, and they've normally been working on two projects at a time.
    When one starts to near conclusion, they start shifting people over to the other project.

Now, they actually reformed BattleCry Studio into Bethesda Austin specifically for Fallout 76.
    Yes, there is coordination between all four studios, it would be stupid to not have that. But, still.... this idea that FO76 support/content is getting in the way of Starfield is a bit silly.

Maybe, FO76 would've turned out better if Todd's team wasn't working on Starfield and instead were giving more assistance to Bethesda's Austin's first release.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well they also been acting squirley.

starfield was supposed to be teased in their last big con, but they dropped it? and the con before they teased the sf logo? and the flyover of the es6 map supposedly.

bethesda typically sits on game announcements until they well along. but they teasing ES6 when it 5 years out and starfield is 2 or 3?

then the 76 circus happens, then they saying they want to push up ES6 development. ok still a long arse ways out nm how many people they throw at it. too far out to happen to buy you much capitol here.

If the games are about where i suspect given the timelines i would have put all that on SF get that game or finished off to a gold ish state, then swapped the teams back to es6. since that game is way out in front dev wise get that off the table first. Assuming you got any confidence in that game and your work.

ES is 4 5 years out instead of 6 7 woo. And there is a hell of alot more pressure for a elder scrolls game to live up to past games where star field has a more blank state to do its own thing. I would get the best writers i could on ES6 and work them scripts till i had a plot that would wow people while i finished my other game.

But we see you say no big deal i say bigger deal. Especially in light that bethesda is getting very bottom line focused hence the gamble with paid mods, with 76, with their launcher and so on this is the horse armor company after all they invented the overpriced dlc. They getting back to their roots. We see where other companies have gone when bottom line gets to be the end all over game quality it does not end well.

Lest they got ID to keep them afloat even if bethesda falls flat on their faces.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Was "Starfield" supposed to be teased?
    There was an unverified rumor that it would be shown, but nothing solid ever came forward that said 100% certainty that it would be shown.

That E3 2018 announcement felt more like, "Well, people already know about it... might as well just give it a nod". Nothing big, just enough to say "Yes, this is happening... but is a long ways off". as FO76 was the big thing they wanted to push.
    So, they showed a quick CG trailer for both Starfield and ES6. Nothing in game.

Sorry, but I've followed enough games long enough that unless it comes directly from the studio... I take everything said online with a very large grain of salt.
    Just because some rumor somewhere says something will happen... doesn't mean a damn thing. Yes, sometimes, those rumors are correct... or get lucky. But, just as often, they completely miss it and don't get anything right.
    If you want to know what Bethesda are doing, wait for E3. They've been using it as their big springboard for announcements for the last few years. Other cons or events, they basically recycle the same E3 stuff over and over.

E3 this year will definitely push more of FO76's future content. RAGE 2's post release content, Edler Scrolls Blades, DOOM Eternal release date, Wolf: Youngblood release date... MAYBE... something in relation to what Arkane are working on, or Evil Within's future. And maybe a small little wink at Starfield again. But, their big focus will again be FO76, DOOM, RAGE 2 and Wolf.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well you can fob off the starfield showcase "rumor' as a rumor but the guy that floated it had a solid track record on show info, but i think all the other things he said happened.

so at some point its probably likely they had intended to show something but something happened.

and the supporting evidence of the starfield background for that shows theme.

rumor yes fairly credible rumor more than the norm.

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    10 Hrs a day since launch eh...

They should give the guy a canvas bag.

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^If he keeps that amount of daily gaming time up then sooner rather than later he will get his very own special free biodegradable vinyl bag with its patented one zip close system, and they will even deliver it to him for free, and none of it will cost him a penny. lol