1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    not sure tbh but shoddy arse game design to not make them RNG and quick expiring so they could not easily be shared.

2. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    You're comparing Fallout 76's open world that never ends to a battle royale "match" that ends when you die.

You can play a match or two of Fortnite and have a good time, from what I've been told. In Fallout 76, you walk around aimlessly with nothing to do but shoot the random robots and ferals that attack you.

3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960M
    You said people were done with multiplayer.

4. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I can’t speak for everyone because everyone is different, but the trend among gamers in their 30’s is that we don’t care about multiplayer. None of my gamer friends like playing online and prefer single player.

5. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    I'm totally hooked on Blackout right now, 34 ;P

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  7. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960M
    Gamers in their 30's are a miniscule minority.

8. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    But we can afford a 2080 ti.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Hence the price I guess..

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I want happy about the price, but it wasn’t much more than I paid for a 1080 ti hybrid.

Anyways...Fallout 76 is just not a game that anyone asked for, but here it is. I don’t think it’s selling at all anymore. Won’t be long until it goes free to play.

11. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    lolwut. Your ignorance is showing.

Entertainment Software Alliance - whose members include Ubisoft, EA, Epic, Activison, Bethesda, Microsoft, Nvidia etc etc

2018 Essential Facts report -- "Average age of gamers is 34".

http://www.theesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/EF2018_FINAL.pdf

If you add up the stats for men and women you'll find that 43% of all gamers are 35+. It's a pity the age bracket breakdown doesn't show the percentage for 30-35 -- but given the average is 34 you can bet that easily more than 50% of all gamers are 30+.

30+ is in fact the core market for gaming, not the minority.

12. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    It's not surprising.

Those of us who grew up with the likes of Zelda are obviously hooked, although it's a pity the way the industry has gone since then. Kids these days don't even know why they play games.

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  14. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    Good to know I am an average aged gamer: 34 years and 405 months old. :>)

RzrTrek, Grimbarian and drandiiski like this.
  15. sensei_Splinter

sensei_Splinter New Member

GPU:
    HD Graphics
    Right you are. My father never plays multiplayer because its hard to find gamers among his friends. But my friends (+-20 years old) prefer playing together.
    Anyway multiplayer in Fallout 76 is not kind of thing they were waiting for.

16. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    i guess the mobile platform average age is a much younger.

im also in my early 30's and gaming is a big part of my life. i enjoy playing single players mostly,
    and with my close friends PUBG and Hots. Fallout 76 is something we decided not to try.

but honestly i was surprised reading that 34 is the average age. i thought its around 22-23 :)
    good to know my generation didn't give up on gaming.

my wife is also very supportive and has an open mind about these stuff. i know
    several guys from work that gave up on hobbies after marriage\kids, gaming is among them.

im gonna play some Heroes III. at work. cya :)

17. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    It's actually been this way for a long time -- you can find earlier versions of that and similar reports going back a long way, in 2010 I think it was 32 for e.g. The average was a little lower ten years ago because people like you and I were younger then :)

The gaming generation of today started in the 80s and 90s -- we're the guys making and playing the games today. And it won't go down over time, because while more and more younger people get involved, over time they age, and they push the age bracket up.

It's a bit of a sad misnomer when people classify gaming as a 'kids' hobby. The opposite is true. In fact, the ESA report shows 22% of gamers are 50+!

And of course it is -- that's where the purchasing power lies. Not to mention most games have mature themes. It's an adult entertainment medium.

For me, they're a form of art. The best kind of art :)

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Gaming is pretty damned mainstream now. From my experience, most gamers I know irl are fifa every year types or flavor of the month mobile game. For some reason, PUBG mobile is very popular. I was under the impression the game is dead.

Anyway, I read in the game's subreddit that there's a duping exploit that causes the server to disconnect everyone if it is done by 3 players simultaneously ... quite an entertaining game :p

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    well i assumed getting older and spending less time on things like gaming will be reflected
    in this kind of statistic. guess i was wrong.

i don't know about the average age in the future but i see my nephews for example, and kids in general
    hooked to their smartphones, and not even looking on a PC platform.

20. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    Read somewhere that pcs’ peaked around 2011. We have become a “niche” group now I reckon.