Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Let's just say that Bethesda missed a huge chance here to get into the online games business. They had the franchise and they had the money to produce something truly great. They blew it through short sighted, corporate greed :-/ I guarantee you that the people responsible for the corporate level decisions behind this don't care even an ounce about games or fans. They are completely disconnected from gaming. To them, it's about selling a product. Whether it's video games or toilet paper is of no concern.

SpajdrEX and Kolt like this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    And rum ... don't forget the rum.

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Why is the run gone? lol

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ♥ MESA 21.3

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Is it really so hard to make a glass bottle that looks like the in-game model?

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I went to EB Games today and out of curiosity asked if they have many copies of Fallout 76 left over for the consoles and the guy just looked at me and goes.... there are a lot they just aren't selling.

In my frustration of waiting to play Halo 3 after it not being released on PC all these years later I went to find Halo 3 for 360 and it was buy one get 2 free so I got Halo 3 & Halo ODST & Halo Reach.. giggity.. :>

*edit*

Turns out the pre-owned copy of Halo 3 didn't work... it had a bit too many scratches.. sighh.. I guess I'll have to check out some other stores for a copy of it -___-

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Kolt likes this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    shocking this day and age brand name plus intellectual property, is not a license to print money.

never was but occasional people think things are "too big to fail" yet consumers do not care what you think, and they are increasing more woke to industry bs. When even normies are boycotting games like battlefront and 76 and battlefield, things have really reached a critical mass. Because when the gaming msm controlled things these things would have been fluffed to sell a few more copies and sold lest moderately to the general public.

8. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Yeah and thats why games like Fortnite, cs:go, pubg, dota 2 and league of legends are putting out record numbers of players. o_O

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea but you win in fn an csgo in a self contained match that takes what 15 to 40 minutes and you can play another.

76 what is the point of getting nukes? to win what? get 3 people to fire them off and crash the servers? and the codes are universal so once someone posted them anyone could look them up and use them when the initial players had to slog through all that cassette tape bs for hours upon hours? GG!

so yea i can see a tad more hook to some of those games than this dinky sandbox players make their own content stuff.

And if you want to see a sandbox where players make the content is eve, they got the tools and systems for players to f with each other and f with each other hard, and the amount of fery in that game is legendary.

76 is as wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle go here shoot thing hit button. this is deep rpg gameplay to todd howard now.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Didn't the nuke codes expire when it became 2019?

Something something Bethesda, Something something Bugs.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    not sure tbh but shoddy arse game design to not make them RNG and quick expiring so they could not easily be shared.

12. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    You said people were done with multiplayer.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  14. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Gamers in their 30's are a miniscule minority.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Hence the price I guess..

cerebus23 likes this.

16. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    lolwut. Your ignorance is showing.

Entertainment Software Alliance - whose members include Ubisoft, EA, Epic, Activison, Bethesda, Microsoft, Nvidia etc etc

2018 Essential Facts report -- "Average age of gamers is 34".

http://www.theesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/EF2018_FINAL.pdf

If you add up the stats for men and women you'll find that 43% of all gamers are 35+. It's a pity the age bracket breakdown doesn't show the percentage for 30-35 -- but given the average is 34 you can bet that easily more than 50% of all gamers are 30+.

30+ is in fact the core market for gaming, not the minority.

17. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    It's not surprising.

Those of us who grew up with the likes of Zelda are obviously hooked, although it's a pity the way the industry has gone since then. Kids these days don't even know why they play games.

18. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ♥ MESA 21.3
  19. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 ULTR/HYBR
    Good to know I am an average aged gamer: 34 years and 405 months old. :>)

RzrTrek, Grimbarian and drandiiski like this.
  20. sensei_Splinter

sensei_Splinter New Member

GPU:
    HD Graphics
    Right you are. My father never plays multiplayer because its hard to find gamers among his friends. But my friends (+-20 years old) prefer playing together.
    Anyway multiplayer in Fallout 76 is not kind of thing they were waiting for.