1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. bubz

bubz New Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    I cannot launch it since release, getting an launcher error.

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well surprise surprise, another day another price drop, cdkeys now has the PC version for £9.99, and you can get 3% more off by checking out their FB page for a discount code.....this lift it seems will just not stop. lol

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    I think anyone actually interested in buying the game, would have by now. An extra pound or two isn't going to make any difference.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    this thing needs to be put out of its misery.

bethesda is kinda fd tho, if the game drops to 5 dollars because noone will touch it, but if they they say f it make it f2p tomorrow, anyone that paid anywhere near retail is going to be pissed.

but if they just ignore that and try to let it ride that is going to anger people also.

i say pull the game take 3 4 months bust ass fixing and improving the thing and relaunch it. just yank the servers down, until then. if they do it properly at lest make the game playable, and improve some game systems and decisions. they could relaunch in a "clean slate" state, in that it has not been an endless trainwreck of gaffs since 76 launched. a month or two breather from all this would do bethesda and the game some good.

kinda what WB/rocksteady did for arkham knight they simply pulled the entire game took a few months got it playable and relaunched it. worked out decently for that game. and whatever beth is doing now is not working.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Yeap, and that is the catch 22 this game is in now, why buy the game today when you can wait another day and see if it drops again, i for one would buy it for £10 but why should i when it is dropping so consistently, i may as well wait at this stage and see just how low this thing can go, and i doubt i am the only one doing this. lol

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 4GB Windforce
    if it hasnt already been said i will be the one to say that im lapping it all up as i have been vocal about bethesda and its pissy poorly treatment of its own fan base for years and we went through so much drama on so many different ocassions with so many different games its now time to finally pay the piper like EA did with battlefront two and then with new battlfield you can only rinse them so much before they eventually turn on you./ for every DOOM 2016 we had a RAGE 1 release *(megatextures!!!)* and for every Prey game we ended up with a DISHONOR 2 FALLOUT 4 WOLFINSTEIN 2 FALLOUT 76 the fan base sense of unease has been lurking for far too long and its time they hit back full force to bring about positive change and to think it all began with a simple set of horse armor lol

reap what you fkin sow bethesda

ill tell you another thing we as consumers are sick and tired of being shoved into a corner to constantly be made to pay pay pay when all we get in return are broken incomplete base games we pay good money for and the shitty fix it all up later industry culture that sees us all play a constant waiting game for countless oh we now released beta patch v1.12 to enjoy what should have been fixed before release and if it isnt fixed delay the darn game until it is we are a very patient lot and completely understand that the more patiences we have the better the end product will be. dont rush it out to start earning money back quick only to then lose double that money because you did exactly that if it isnt cooked hold it off until it is then the game can speak for itself and sales will come cos if we feel rewarded and our needs full filled we will act in kind but if not we are sick of it all and the revolt that is happening has been brewing for years much like the crypto mining bubble that has now burst consumers being treated like sh*t has now too. enough is enough yer you had a good run but now its our turn to get the better deal because we made you what you are today and stuck with you through all the crap you shovelled our way and that isnt entitlement either its common sense. treat your customer as you yourself expect to be treated and we will no longer settle with constantly getting the short end of the stick as if thats our lot and thats all we are good for. FK THAT SH*T.

if i were an industry insider today i would be dismayed at how bad the industry has become and it has all come down to two things one being overly easy access of EXTRAS that by all rights should have remained in the base game but we are made to pay for it like taxation oh u want that shiny sword PAY UP oh you like the look of that shield and helmet PAY UP!!! oh btw our game is now a live service and if we add an extra mission once a week we expect you to pay for it stop the onslaught nickle and diming us and give us a worthy base product then MAYBE down the road i will consider giving you that little bit extra if i deem it both worthy and necessary if not I shouldnt even need ti to begin with and the game should feel feature complete without. fkin season pass fkin battle pass fkin pass.

bethesdas very own it just works moniker title now only stands for our level of pure incompetence it just works lol

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    cerebus23, Kolt and lucidus like this.
  7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 4GB Windforce
    i apologies for the above passive agressive post all some times i get caught up in the moment and cos i am passionate about my fave hobby I can sometimes go a little too far when tryin to get my point over to you no likes and no reply since i wrote it all tells me i took it too far. soz I will reel it in from now on

8. Kolt

Kolt Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Nah, your rant was fine. Justified even. I think it's just been said too many times now and a lot of us have moved on from this drama :p

cerebus23 and lucidus like this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    its bethesda's own fkery now that dark rum garbage, the bag the rum, all this ongoing stuff is focused around marketing and the products they pushed as ok, and how they treated customers when they complained.

the game bugs and systems are bad enough on their own merits, no doubt but its like there is a collective effort out of bethesda to see how fast they can destroy their customer relations.

we have moved on, not sure bethesda is ready yet.

Kolt likes this.
  10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Let's just say that Bethesda missed a huge chance here to get into the online games business. They had the franchise and they had the money to produce something truly great. They blew it through short sighted, corporate greed :-/ I guarantee you that the people responsible for the corporate level decisions behind this don't care even an ounce about games or fans. They are completely disconnected from gaming. To them, it's about selling a product. Whether it's video games or toilet paper is of no concern.

spajdrik and Kolt like this.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    And rum ... don't forget the rum.

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Why is the run gone? lol

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Is it really so hard to make a glass bottle that looks like the in-game model?

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I went to EB Games today and out of curiosity asked if they have many copies of Fallout 76 left over for the consoles and the guy just looked at me and goes.... there are a lot they just aren't selling.

In my frustration of waiting to play Halo 3 after it not being released on PC all these years later I went to find Halo 3 for 360 and it was buy one get 2 free so I got Halo 3 & Halo ODST & Halo Reach.. giggity.. :>

*edit*

Turns out the pre-owned copy of Halo 3 didn't work... it had a bit too many scratches.. sighh.. I guess I'll have to check out some other stores for a copy of it -___-

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Kolt likes this.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    shocking this day and age brand name plus intellectual property, is not a license to print money.

never was but occasional people think things are "too big to fail" yet consumers do not care what you think, and they are increasing more woke to industry bs. When even normies are boycotting games like battlefront and 76 and battlefield, things have really reached a critical mass. Because when the gaming msm controlled things these things would have been fluffed to sell a few more copies and sold lest moderately to the general public.

17. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I think people are more or less done with multiplayer at this point. Run. Die. Repeat. What’s the point? This isn’t Doom.

18. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960M
    Yeah and thats why games like Fortnite, cs:go, pubg, dota 2 and league of legends are putting out record numbers of players. o_O

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea but you win in fn an csgo in a self contained match that takes what 15 to 40 minutes and you can play another.

76 what is the point of getting nukes? to win what? get 3 people to fire them off and crash the servers? and the codes are universal so once someone posted them anyone could look them up and use them when the initial players had to slog through all that cassette tape bs for hours upon hours? GG!

so yea i can see a tad more hook to some of those games than this dinky sandbox players make their own content stuff.

And if you want to see a sandbox where players make the content is eve, they got the tools and systems for players to f with each other and f with each other hard, and the amount of fery in that game is legendary.

76 is as wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle go here shoot thing hit button. this is deep rpg gameplay to todd howard now.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Didn't the nuke codes expire when it became 2019?

Something something Bethesda, Something something Bugs.